Become a Patron!

Recommended setting?

I have liked 0.15 ohm ~ 60 watt the best, but I have tried to build my own coils and have ended up with surpisingly high resistance, 0.89 ohm. It seems to like around 20-30 watts, but there is not much vapor or taste, and it takes a while to heat up. I am on 'pwr' setting on the mod, but I can change, but have no idea whats best. Any recommendations?

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There is a few questions I would want to ask before telling you whats what.

a) How did you build the coil? (wire type - coil style, clapton, simple, twisted - internal diameter - how many wraps)
b) What type of atomizer you are using and your airflow preference?
c) What mod are you using it on? (just to know how much wiggle room we got for figuring out your sweet spot on wattage/voltage)

6-wrap tri core fused clapton kanthal a1, 3-28/32
not sure internal diameter, think roughly 3mm but I didnt have a way to measure it out
snowwolf mini plus 80w

thanks !

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright, looking at the coil, you have a lot of metal needing to be heated, that's causing the increased ramp up time. First, you could take a couple wraps off to somewhat fix the issue of ramp up time. The big fix would be instead of wrapping with the 32g, go up to at least a 36g with the wraps, that should reduce the amount of wire being heated, and also reduce the ramp up time.

I strongly recommend to use Steam Engine, they have a great wire wizard page that will give you specs on your coil and how it will work based on the numbers.

Do those couple things, then start with the low wattage, take a few pulls, then increase till you find your happy spot.

Hope that helps.

VU Sponsors