Become a Patron!

Recipe creation for newbs? How do I start?

CurlyMerkin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I want to start mixing new and exiting flavors that work well in the kitchen and transform them into an amazing vape juice. Until I nail a recipe, I wont even mess with nicotine (that will come later when I learn nic safety and gain confidence!). The Questions I have I have is...
1. How to balance flavoring
2. How long does it take for juices to mature
3.how to properly age the end product
Any feedback would be most welcome

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Everything is trial and error...Mix small 3ml batches...Some are good as what we call "shake and vape"...Some take a few days..some take a few weeks.

Start out trying each flavor by itself to see the flavor profile...You may like a name of something but it tastes horrible.

Try simple single flavor mixes first to get the feel for it ...then you can learn to create multi flavor mixes...Im still working on 3 flavor mixes and feel i have yet to get that just right...gonna take time.

Not all flavorings require the same amount (percentage wise) to taste good..Some work with 3 percent..some 5 percent some 7 percent ..some 10 percent...Again its trial and error..In some multi mixes youll find only adding .5 percent of a flavor to work for you.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try some TFA strawberries and cream as a first mix all by itself...TFA requires around 7 percent or higher as its not as concentrated as some others...Good stuff all by itself as a single flavor mix.

I recommend FA flavorings more than any however.

Doots

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would also suugest starting in very small batches. Like 3ml and try out every flavor by itself so you know what each flavors imparts to you. Again it is trial and error.. Use some of the recipes you find on this forum. Steep time will vary from flavor to flavor.. Be sure to take notes on everything you do!! :)

Just start with the flavors you think you will like and just use 1 flavor at a time till you get proficient with it,. Good success.

CurlyMerkin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Everything is trial and error...Mix small 3ml batches...Some are good as what we call "shake and vape"...Some take a few days..some take a few weeks.

Start out trying each flavor by itself to see the flavor profile...You may like a name of something but it tastes horrible.

Try simple single flavor mixes first to get the feel for it ...then you can learn to create multi flavor mixes...Im still working on 3 flavor mixes and feel i have yet to get that just right...gonna take time.

Not all flavorings require the same amount (percentage wise) to taste good..Some work with 3 percent..some 5 percent some 7 percent ..some 10 percent...Again its trial and error..In some multi mixes youll find only adding .5 percent of a flavor to work for you.
Thanks, Mike H. That sounds like a great place to start. I appreciate your advice and soon will be a mixin'!!

CurlyMerkin

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I would also suugest starting in very small batches. Like 3ml and try out every flavor by itself so you know what each flavors imparts to you. Again it is trial and error.. Use some of the recipes you find on this forum. Steep time will vary from flavor to flavor.. Be sure to take notes on everything you do!! :)

Just start with the flavors you think you will like and just use 1 flavor at a time till you get proficient with it,. Good success.
Thanks Doots! YOU ROCK!! Cute kitty, BTW:)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like others have already said, you need to understand your flavors on their own before getting into complex mixes. Even then, try starting with some recipes more experienced mixers share, then work on tweaking their suggestions to meet your tastes. Once you've done the first two successfully, you'll probably have a solid base to start dreaming up your own concoctions - when you get that far, just make sure to share your successes online to help the next round of noobs begin their journey!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I want to start mixing new and exiting flavors that work well in the kitchen and transform them into an amazing vape juice. Until I nail a recipe, I wont even mess with nicotine (that will come later when I learn nic safety and gain confidence!). The Questions I have I have is...
2. How long does it take for juices to mature
3.how to properly age the end product
Any feedback would be most welcome

acrobats3.jpg

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team