Become a Patron!

Read Anything Spiritual Lately?

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not a "religious man", but I do walk a spiritual path. I believe in God, I pray, and try to live according to Spiritual Principles. I'm an avid reader, and am currently reading Emmet Fox "The Sermon on the Mount", for the first time. I don't know why I didn't read this years ago... Wow!!!, what a great book!

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
not as much as in the past.....I tend to enjoy writers who write about their unique spiritual journeys rather than writings about certian spiritual traditions and practices.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
not as much as in the past.....I tend to enjoy writers who write about their unique spiritual journeys rather than writings about certian spiritual traditions and practices.
Have you read "Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah" by Richard Bach?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a spiritual book that has nothing to do with religon,but about a souls journey look at laurens van der posts's "the seed and the sower"

TF Vaping

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try out any of the many Dr. David Jeremiah books... I love those

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
try to live according to Spiritual Principles.
I thought there was something familiar about you, based on a post of yours in a different thread.

I've not read that one, but have had it recommended several times.

Anyone ever read any of A Course in Miracles?

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I haven't been reading anything spiritual, but I have been reading a book that talks about religion. It is very critical of it though.

Might is Right

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
a spiritual book that has nothing to do with religon,but about a souls journey look at laurens van der posts's "the seed and the sower"
I will have to check it out.
Thanks

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Try out any of the many Dr. David Jeremiah books... I love those

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I'm always looking for another great author. I have been reading Depak Chopras book that my wife bought, and listening to Dr Dyer on my commute.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't been reading anything spiritual, but I have been reading a book that talks about religion. It is very critical of it though.

Might is Right
yeah well those are a dime a dozen and usually not very insightful.....

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I thought there was something familiar about you, based on a post of yours in a different thread.

I've not read that one, but have had it recommended several times.

Anyone ever read any of A Course in Miracles?
I started reading a little bit of it an had to put it down. I haven't decided if I want to pick it back up. It seemed as if she had read "Jonathan Livingston Seagull" and "Illusions" and then complicated the hell out of it. In my humble opinion, Spirituallity is very simple, and it is us as humans that are complex. Unfortunately we all suffer from the "human condition", and the best we can strive for is to remember that that is all inclusive. Everyday I pray for humility, and ask to be lead in the direction of service. I believe that only through giving, can we receive. I ask that God help me to show the same Patience, Love, and Tolerance towards others as he has shown me, and that he help me to stay out of his way so that he can do for me what I cannot do for myself. :)

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Might is Right
If you seek a spiritual life you will find it. I did not meet God in church, or through organized religion.
There is an old Buddhist parable about a fish.
"One day a little fish heard about a great ocean where there was plenty for all, so he began to search. He asked and asked of every fish he met, but none knew where he could find the ocean. One day he heard about an old wise fish who lived hundreds of miles away in an ancient reef, so he began his journey. Weeks and months passed as the little fish swam toward the reef. Finally after a lifetime of swimming he finally found the reef and the Old Wise Fish. He told of his journey and how he had left his home and his family to find this wonderful ocean that he had heard so much about. Then he asked "Please tell me Old Wise Fish, where is this wonderful ocean?" The old Wise Fish replied, "It is all around you, you have been here all along. All you had to do was open your eyes."

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
like Jesus said "let those who have eyes see and ears hear....." an analysis of the spiritual life given by an aethist is like an art critque of the works of Van Gough given by a man whose color blind...he sees something but is oblivious of what he misses

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I must admit that I have been focusing on trying to get my material life right on this earth.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I must admit that I have been focusing on trying to get my material life right on this earth.
My experience has been, that when my spiritual house is in order, than the rest will fall into place. My God does not wish for me to suffer, but to live happy joyous and free. I may never be wealthy, but I have always been provided for. Once you can be grateful for your sorrows, then nothing can stop you from being truly happy. Look around and identify the things you are grateful for, and the end of your day give thanks for those things, sleep, wake up, repeat. :)
Try it for a month. When you get angry or sad quietly say, "Thank you for this opportunity to grow." and move on. Trust me on this. It will work miracles.

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
That is great to hear. Becoming grateful for sorrows becomes a difficult thing unless there is a lesson that can be learned to do better in the future.

Tanker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That is great to hear. Becoming grateful for sorrows becomes a difficult thing unless there is a lesson that can be learned to do better in the future.
Everything that happens in my life, I play a part in. Life Happens. My part is my reaction. When I react in a negative way, (and I do) then I suffer from it. When I react in a positive way, or don't react at all, then I am free to continue on with my life. Dr Wayne Dyer talks a lot about our reactions in pretty much all of his books, Deepak Chopra did a audio called "Soul of Healing Meditations". Here is the link

VU Sponsors