Become a Patron!

RDA no taste

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have a MR. owl RDA from ehpro and the first time i made a kanthal dual coil build on it. fantastic taste and vapor amount, I decided to make a SS build but the flavour is so low and it doesnt really taste like last time with the kanthal. Its like watery or something.
I dont know what did i wrong i need help.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What is the resistance of the build? And what wattage are you running it at?

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
18W isn't enough for your 0.5 Ohm SS coil.
now i made it into a dual coil with 0.24 ohms how much Wattage should i use to get a good flavor? and also i tried the single coil in tc and same result.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ditto on the above. I have a pair of SS coils in some RTAs coming in at 0.25 and I have to run them at least 50 watts to get any flavor!

Tempro

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ditto on the above. I have a pair of SS coils in some RTAs coming in at 0.25 and I have to run them at least 50 watts to get any flavor!
why does SS behaves like that? I used kanthal in 25 and 30 and perfect flavour

Ogvapez

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I have a MR. owl RDA from ehpro and the first time i made a kanthal dual coil build on it. fantastic taste and vapor amount, I decided to make a SS build but the flavour is so low and it doesnt really taste like last time with the kanthal. Its like watery or something.
I dont know what did i wrong i need help.

I had the same thing with my Rafael X any wire from Clapton k1,fuzed Clapton SS, to any thing it's like no flavor such a let down. Is it just me or do other have that Rda?

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mess with airflow adjustments, power settings and try a 510 drip tip if you're using a wide bore tip. Also, make sure your using enough coil for your chamber size. Many times simply reducing the inner diameter of the drip tip makes all the difference.

NtL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
use hemp for wicking it brings the flavor out more. VapeNotik has good hemp

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
Dump the RDA and buy an RTA. Rda's are for clouds bro. You can restrict the air flow better with an RTA resulting in flavor.

And for god sakes, never use hemp. Yuck.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I'm with shark on the hemp(I use organic Japanese cotton) , but, I find that with the right build and placement with the right rda the flavor can really be brought out.
for one. Drippers were born for juice tasting amd airflow has a lot more to do with flavor than anyone has said in the thread so far.

It looks like a side airflow atty. My favorite RDA out there is also side airflow. I usually build those and mount the coil Above the airflow and as close to the wall as I can get it without it touching or arcing.
I use SS exclusively and agree with what was said. its gong to come down to just fining your sweet spot for it. typically with a regulaur micro coil, 24g. dual coil about a 0.2 ohms I would be ok around 45-50w. with a ss dual Clapton build, I will push to 65w
but it is to each is own there and you have to find what you like.

from my experience SS is much cleaner than Kanthal in flavor

EHPRO-Mr-Owl-RDA-Black.png

Last edited:

NtL

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some hemp is nasty, grade a quality hemp is awesome for flavor.

arth1981

Member For 4 Years
Rdas are for clouds? Are you serious? Some are, sure, but let's not generalize and say things that aren't true. I get fantastic flavor out of the Petri 2.0, TM2, Velocity... Hell even my old Troll RDA has great flavor. Like BoomStick said, use enough coil for your chamber size and you can great flavor.

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
RDAs are teh debil.
You want flavor, get a Goblin Mini V1.

jm .02 ;)

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dump the RDA and buy an RTA. Rda's are for clouds bro. You can restrict the air flow better with an RTA resulting in flavor.

And for god sakes, never use hemp. Yuck.
RDA's have their place and "not" just for "clouds bro". I really enjoy my RDA's, on general better flavor and major advantage is being able to jump around with flavors.

Hemp also has it's place, not for tanks for it doesn't wick as fast but works well with RDA's. Major advantage with hemp is if you happen to get a burnt hit for one it's not as bad as cotton and also it doesn't spoil. All you have to do is re-juice and go, plus it is more durable than cotton. Personally even though I have a bunch of it I rarely use it, I pretty much stick with Koh gen Doh.

VU Sponsors