Become a Patron!

RDA clones vs genuine

msmith4538

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi, I'm looking to move across to RDAs and I see there are a lot of clones out there, obviously at a cheaper price but are they as safe to use as the genuine product and would they perform the same?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
in general clones are as safe and perform much as their original counterparts..... Yes the clone will also generally be of lesser quality materials and workmanship. Yes there are bad clones, just as there are bad authentics. So the clone may not be as safe or perform as long as the authentic.. Notice I gave no definitive answer.,,,,, because opinions are NEVER facts.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi, I'm looking to move across to RDAs and I see there are a lot of clones out there, obviously at a cheaper price but are they as safe to use as the genuine product and would they perform the same?
Best tactic if you go this route, is read reviews, or just ask before buying. Plenty of folks here save $ by trying the clone before ponying up for the genuine, to get an idea how the design in general will perform.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

All vape gear is safe... Until the person using it, does so in an UNsafe manner. Safety is about HOW you use a device not the device itself.

A gun.... is 100% safe until the end with the hole is pointed, in the wrong direction. A person is required, for the pointing to occur. Same goes for vaping.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I started collecting RDAs, shortly after I started vaping. Currently, I have over 90 RDAs, most are originals, some of them are clones. I did buy some pricey RDAs, and it definitely was worth it. Occasionally, I bought a clone, prior to purchasing the original, in order to avoid wasting money on an original, that might not fulfill my expectations. The quality of the clones also depends a lot on the brand. Tobeco clones, so far, haven't been disappointing yet. However, like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. There are many excellent, cheaper, good quality, original RDAs out there though, e. g. Mutation X. Overall, it depends on your requirements, expectations, and your budget.

msmith4538

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok the one I have brought online today does not say it's a clone but the price says to me it could be. It's a plume veil which I saw on riptrippers and he gave it a good review and says it was a daily use vape for him. I saw it on http://ecignet.co.uk/rebuildable/254-plume-veil-rda.html
Like I say it doesn't say it's a clone I just wanted to make sure they weren't made of inadequate materials. But £4.99 is a bargain!!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok the one I have brought online today does not say it's a clone but the price says to me it could be. It's a plume veil which I saw on riptrippers and he gave it a good review and says it was a daily use vape for him. I saw it on http://ecignet.co.uk/rebuildable/254-plume-veil-rda.html
Like I say it doesn't say it's a clone I just wanted to make sure they weren't made of inadequate materials. But £4.99 is a bargain!!
Usually, they (the vendor) use the word "style" in the description, when it is a clone.
Although the Plume is a good flavor RDA, it's one of my least favorite, due to leaking a lot (original & clone).

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I started collecting RDAs, shortly after I started vaping. Currently, I have over 90 RDAs, most are originals, some of them are clones. I did buy some pricey RDAs, and it definitely was worth it. Occasionally, I bought a clone, prior to purchasing the original, in order to avoid wasting money on an original, that might not fulfill my expectations. The quality of the clones also depends a lot on the brand. Tobeco clones, so far, haven't been disappointing yet. However, like the old saying goes, you get what you pay for. There are many excellent, cheaper, good quality, original RDAs out there though, e. g. Mutation X. Overall, it depends on your requirements, expectations, and your budget.
Yep, Clones very greatly. I've got over 70 or so RDA's. Most are authentic but I have a few clones. Like you for a high dollar device I'll get the clone and if I like it I'll get the authentic. I'm careful though to insure I overlook build quality and some design differences in judging. Authentics are for the most part much better than Clones.

Tobeco makes alright Clones, SXK makes really good Clones. Ehpro clones I'm not impressed at all.

What I really can't understand is if the Authentic is around $20-$25 and someone gets the Clone for $18-$20, that's just ridiculous.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
What I really can't understand is if the Authentic is around $20-$25 and someone gets the Clone for $18-$20, that's just ridiculous.
Agreed. That's why I mentioned the Mutation X as an example for a cheap, good quality RDA, and there are plenty of others too.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's a lot more complicated than merely clones vs. authentics. It depends very much on who makes which. I have 2 cloned original Achilles, made by Yeahsmo... which are far superior to the authentic Achilles II, made by the originator, titanium-mods.com and which cost 4 times the price of the clones -- the cloned originals never ever leak; the authentic does. I don't know if it's because the threads are faulty at the seam that leaks, or if the "new and improved" (which certainly is new but definitely not improved!) airflow control is at fault, but the clones are far superior to the authentic.

I've got a couple of Tobeco kayfun lite plus clones, which are flawless. I also bought a couple of EHpro KFL+ clones which sucked, and another no-name clone that sucked even worse.

The contest of "clone vs. authentic" just isn't real -- the fact that something is made that resembles something else hasn't got a single thing to do with its quality.

Andria

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's hit and miss, per atomizer, per clone manufacturer.
Play it safe, buy authentic. You won't be disappointed in the quality.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's hit and miss, per atomizer, per clone manufacturer.
Play it safe, buy authentic. You won't be disappointed in the quality.

Unless you buy an authentic Achilles II, which are total crap, and cost $98.

Andria

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Andria

qdpwa_s-200x150.gif

A miss I take it then..

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
qdpwa_s-200x150.gif

A miss I take it then..

Definitely. That's what happens when you try to fix what ain't broke. :D I guess he was trying to make it appeal to cloud chasers, but real cloud chasers will NEVER have any use for ANY Achilles, the draw's too tight even in the II with the airflow wide open. But he sure fucked it up for MtL vapers who love the original Achilles BECAUSE of its tight draw. Idiot.

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Yeah I go screwed with the Vicious Ant AX1, $120 for the worst piece of shit I've wasted my money on. Ended up literally throwing it off my roof. Other than that piece of shit every authentic I have is better than the Clone and you get what you pay for.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Definitely. That's what happens when you try to fix what ain't broke. :D I guess he was trying to make it appeal to cloud chasers, but real cloud chasers will NEVER have any use for ANY Achilles, the draw's too tight even in the II with the airflow wide open. But he sure fucked it up for MtL vapers who love the original Achilles BECAUSE of its tight draw. Idiot.

Andria

Oh KFL, how I miss your throat thump, so much like an actual drag off a cig. I enjoyed the performance so much, I bought the KFL and Russian91% (KFL clone), very rarely, clones can cost more than the original, in my case. 3-4 years ago, I bought my KEBO R91% for $115 and my Svoemesto KFL $105, both online. Sorry to hear about your Achilles ripoff experience. I've been through that once. I've never seen any reviews for it yet or seen anyone using one, I work at a shop too, maybe I have and just didn't realize it. The only true MTL (meaning not MTL AND open lung all in one tank) tanks that somewhat impressed me was the KF's/R91%, the Squape, the Aspire Nautilus (terrific for the price), and a few more, but I can't think, it's 3am and I'm getting tired. Sometimes, even when Svoemesto tried to do it, making a MTL AND Open Lung just doesn't work out in the end. The KF5 is close, but shines in open lung rather than MTL, but you can MTL, just not like the KFL MTL.

Thanks for the nostalgia btw.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have only had a problem with a clone once, but that was due to the machinist who made the clone. They didn't give enough clearance between the positive velocity post and the base of the RDA on the inside. So having to take a file to it to work out the bugs, should be working in no time. I have one other clone I need to test out that I recently got, but from what I can tell it looks pretty solid on the build. May customize it a little though. ;)

On another note with the clone / authentic, if I start finding clones I truly love vaping on, I will buy the authentic just to show the company I am proud of their product. So I look at clones as test batches before divvying up the big bucks.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In general the good clones these days are of quite nice quality.
Brass clones however are more likely to contain lead then US made ones.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alright, I really hope there is a low lead count on this cause it looks identical to the original. Other than not having a serial number on the bottom.

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I go screwed with the Vicious Ant AX1, $120 for the worst piece of shit I've wasted my money on. Ended up literally throwing it off my roof. Other than that piece of shit every authentic I have is better than the Clone and you get what you pay for.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Alright, I really hope there is a low lead count on this cause it looks identical to the original. Other than not having a serial number on the bottom.

Yeah. I say no lead count is the best for you. (ie. Low grade/quality Brass/Copper).
Sometimes Lotus, some of my authentics (Cartel Stillare's, Innovape Patriot) RDAs don't have serials on the bottom, but that doesn't disappoint me or anything. I have some friends that would be really bothered by that, not me really, I get them for the machining and craftsmanship. Unscrewing and screwing builds is soOo nice, buttery threads. Last clone I used was the Velocity V1, then ended up buying the real deal 2nd run, I'm so glad I did. When I would compare hand to hand in person, 1:1's, manufacturer's, materials used; I found Inifinite/SXK & Tobeco to be the closest to an authentic, just lower grade metals.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh KFL, how I miss your throat thump, so much like an actual drag off a cig. I enjoyed the performance so much, I bought the KFL and Russian91% (KFL clone), very rarely, clones can cost more than the original, in my case. 3-4 years ago, I bought my KEBO R91% for $115 and my Svoemesto KFL $105, both online. Sorry to hear about your Achilles ripoff experience. I've been through that once. I've never seen any reviews for it yet or seen anyone using one, I work at a shop too, maybe I have and just didn't realize it. The only true MTL (meaning not MTL AND open lung all in one tank) tanks that somewhat impressed me was the KF's/R91%, the Squape, the Aspire Nautilus (terrific for the price), and a few more, but I can't think, it's 3am and I'm getting tired. Sometimes, even when Svoemesto tried to do it, making a MTL AND Open Lung just doesn't work out in the end. The KF5 is close, but shines in open lung rather than MTL, but you can MTL, just not like the KFL MTL.

Thanks for the nostalgia btw.

I tried the original Nauti before I tried the KFL+ -- at that point, trying to find ANY way of getting a good vape that didn't entail building my own coils :giggle: -- but it didn't suit me at all; I've never liked dual-coil ANYTHING, even dual-coil cartos sucked, and with the nauti, if I kept it open enough not to burn, it was too airy, and if I closed it enough for a good MtL vape, it burnt the wick (exactly what happens with the Alleria too, BTW). So after the nauti fail, I found one of my Tobeco KFL+ clones for $35, and thought I had founbd vaping nirvana, so I immediately bought a second one, which was just as great.

But then last year in April after finding that the Magma was ok, but it has those leaking problems, someone mentioned the Achilles over at ECF, so I ordered one, a clone, from Frog in Fog... and it was all that and a bag o'chips. Now I'm so spoiled with the super-saturated flavor it provides, I can't even use those great KFL+'s anymore, they just don't have the flavor, compared to the Achilles. *sigh*

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah. I say no lead count is the best for you. (ie. Low grade/quality Brass/Copper).
Sometimes Lotus, some of my authentics (Cartel Stillare's, Innovape Patriot) RDAs don't have serials on the bottom, but that doesn't disappoint me or anything. I have some friends that would be really bothered by that, not me really, I get them for the machining and craftsmanship. Unscrewing and screwing builds is soOo nice, buttery threads. Last clone I used was the Velocity V1, then ended up buying the real deal 2nd run, I'm so glad I did. When I would compare hand to hand in person, 1:1's, manufacturer's, materials used; I found Inifinite/SXK & Tobeco to be the closest to an authentic, just lower grade metals.
Yeah I had a cheap Velocity v1 clone, then got a Tobeco which was much better. I was then lucky enough to be quick enough to get the Authentic. Night and day difference. The Authentic is a pure joy, the materials, the quality of machining and contrary to popular belief it does matter with the quality of Vape and performance.

For me Clones serve a purpose to loosely check out the basic design before paying around $100 or over for an authentic. Example is I have a few SXK Kayfun V5 Clones, really, really like it. So I'll be picking up an Authentic. I love my Authentic SquapeRS, got the SJMY Squape X Clone. While I really like the top fill I'm not a fan of the overall basic design so I'm not going to pick up the Authentic. I then got the MCV Mose clone, really like the design so I'm getting the Authentic.

You see where this is going

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I tried the original Nauti before I tried the KFL+ -- at that point, trying to find ANY way of getting a good vape that didn't entail building my own coils :giggle: -- but it didn't suit me at all; I've never liked dual-coil ANYTHING, even dual-coil cartos sucked, and with the nauti, if I kept it open enough not to burn, it was too airy, and if I closed it enough for a good MtL vape, it burnt the wick (exactly what happens with the Alleria too, BTW). So after the nauti fail, I found one of my Tobeco KFL+ clones for $35, and thought I had founbd vaping nirvana, so I immediately bought a second one, which was just as great.

But then last year in April after finding that the Magma was ok, but it has those leaking problems, someone mentioned the Achilles over at ECF, so I ordered one, a clone, from Frog in Fog... and it was all that and a bag o'chips. Now I'm so spoiled with the super-saturated flavor it provides, I can't even use those great KFL+'s anymore, they just don't have the flavor, compared to the Achilles. *sigh*

Andria
Seriously check out the SXK Clone, it's made so well you cannot tell the difference between the Authentic it's that well made. 3Fvape have them for $24. I thought I'd try out the SJMY and not nearly as well made as the SXK and the Tobeco also isn't as well made. That though is for the Kayfun v5, I'm really liking it. I know Kayfun fans are bitching that it's a DTL Tank, I disagree. Set it up wide open and you get a very loose MTL or a very tight DTL, on it's tightest setting it is a DTL which I could compare to my Nautilus Tanks. But then again the SXK Clone I hear has tighter airflow than the Authentic, that's what I've heard.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Seriously check out the SXK Clone, it's made so well you cannot tell the difference between the Authentic it's that well made. 3Fvape have them for $24. I thought I'd try out the SJMY and not nearly as well made as the SXK and the Tobeco also isn't as well made. That though is for the Kayfun v5, I'm really liking it. I know Kayfun fans are bitching that it's a DTL Tank, I disagree. Set it up wide open and you get a very loose MTL or a very tight DTL, on it's tightest setting it is a DTL which I could compare to my Nautilus Tanks. But then again the SXK Clone I hear has tighter airflow than the Authentic, that's what I've heard.

But you didn't say, clone of what? Though I gotta say, I've pretty much abandoned ALL tank attys, if it's a tank of some kind; they just don't have the intensity of flavor of an RDA, and with my gunking problems, they mostly all hold too much, causing excessive waste because of the backwash off the coil. And as I've noted with the Achilles II... any atty that *can* be set for any type of huffing, just won't be tight enough for me -- I want a tight draw like a carto, with an RDA's intensity of flavor -- hence, the Achilles. Show me someone cloning the original Achilles, and you have my attention. :)

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But you didn't say, clone of what? Though I gotta say, I've pretty much abandoned ALL tank attys, if it's a tank of some kind; they just don't have the intensity of flavor of an RDA, and with my gunking problems, they mostly all hold too much, causing excessive waste because of the backwash off the coil. And as I've noted with the Achilles II... any atty that *can* be set for any type of huffing, just won't be tight enough for me -- I want a tight draw like a carto, with an RDA's intensity of flavor -- hence, the Achilles. Show me someone cloning the original Achilles, and you have my attention. :)

Andria
Kayfun V5 ;)

For an RDA try the Narda Clone. This is the one I got, would love to get the authentic but it's damn hard to find.

Anyway this is the Clone I have and it's made very well and I'm looking for the Authentic

http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...ml?search_query=narda&results=23#.WCoGtbVnFWQ

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Kayfun V5 ;)

For an RDA try the Narda Clone. This is the one I got, would love to get the authentic but it's damn hard to find.

Anyway this is the Clone I have and it's made very well and I'm looking for the Authentic

http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...ml?search_query=narda&results=23#.WCoGtbVnFWQ

I've got 2 KFL+'s that give me no taste at all, except the taste of cotton. Not interested in another. I've already eliminated the Narda from consideration because it has side rather than bottom airflow; every side airflow atty I've tried (Caterpillar, Veritas, Derringer) is both too airy, and has little flavor, since the air isn't coming up directly over the coil and wick.

Everyone says the Alleria provides "oodles of flavor"... but all I could taste was the cotton, it was too airy, and when I closed it enough to give my mouth some resistance in the draw, it burnt the wick to cinders. (at 9w!)

The only thing besides an Achilles that is even tolerable is the Magma, especially since I inserted some cut-down 13ga needles in the interior airholes to tighten the draw, but it leaks too much to be an all-day vape.

Andria

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got 2 KFL+'s that give me no taste at all, except the taste of cotton. Not interested in another. I've already eliminated the Narda from consideration because it has side rather than bottom airflow; every side airflow atty I've tried (Caterpillar, Veritas, Derringer) is both too airy, and has little flavor, since the air isn't coming up directly over the coil and wick.

Everyone says the Alleria provides "oodles of flavor"... but all I could taste was the cotton, it was too airy, and when I closed it enough to give my mouth some resistance in the draw, it burnt the wick to cinders. (at 9w!)

The only thing besides an Achilles that is even tolerable is the Magma, especially since I inserted some cut-down 13ga needles in the interior airholes to tighten the draw, but it leaks too much to be an all-day vape.

Andria
I think you're missing a very good RDA by dismissing the Narda, it really does have lots of flavor and is a single coil that like you like. The tight/small design of the chamber you get lots of flavor. You can easily adjust the airflow and when you build place the coil just above the airflow so the air actually goes under the coil.

Another flavor beast that I have is this one -

http://jkvapes.com/darang-rda-gp-custom

Massive flavor with a pair of basic twisted 32g SS coils at 0.5 ohms. It has a very small/tight chamber which is why there is so much flavor. The flavor is intense and with the design of the airflow there is zero leaking. It is the only RDA that I literally have zero leaking, even if you overdrip to the point of the coils being submerged in juice. Yes I tried it once just for shits and giggles ;)

Another flavor Atty I have is the Yuri by Desire, I really, really love this RDA. So much so I bought 2 more, but it's a dual coil also.

http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...ainless-steel-22mm-diameter.html#.WCoS27VnFWQ

Yes bottom air plays a big factor in flavor but I've come to realize that the design of the chamber is what affects flavor the most and where you position your coils.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think you're missing a very good RDA by dismissing the Narda, it really does have lots of flavor and is a single coil that like you like. The tight/small design of the chamber you get lots of flavor. You can easily adjust the airflow and when you build place the coil just above the airflow so the air actually goes under the coil.

Another flavor beast that I have is this one -

http://jkvapes.com/darang-rda-gp-custom

Massive flavor with a pair of basic twisted 32g SS coils at 0.5 ohms. It has a very small/tight chamber which is why there is so much flavor. The flavor is intense and with the design of the airflow there is zero leaking. It is the only RDA that I literally have zero leaking, even if you overdrip to the point of the coils being submerged in juice. Yes I tried it once just for shits and giggles ;)

Another flavor Atty I have is the Yuri by Desire, I really, really love this RDA. So much so I bought 2 more, but it's a dual coil also.

http://www.3fvape.com/rebuildable-a...ainless-steel-22mm-diameter.html#.WCoS27VnFWQ

Yes bottom air plays a big factor in flavor but I've come to realize that the design of the chamber is what affects flavor the most and where you position your coils.

I looked at them, but they also have another problem which is a total deal-breaker: the top cap doesn't thread, it goes on with those GOD DAMNED MOTHERFUCKING o-rings. I hate those bastards to the bottom of my soul.

But yeah, I can't stand side-airflow attys. Everyone said how great the Veritas and Derringer were, and I thought they both absolutely sucked, just completely SUCKED. Too airy, and no flavor. I see no need to throw good money after bad chasing yet more side-airflow attys.

But, if any of them had a threaded cap rather than those GOD DAMNED MOTHERFUCKING o-rings, I might *consider* it, even though I'm pretty sure I'd be disappointed.

Andria

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got several cloned RDAs that work perfect though there are some visual differences (Veritas, Marquis, Derringer and others).
Got an SKX Kennedy24 and can't tell the clone from the authentic.

Besides the lead issue with brass there is also the constant cleaning required.
While cleaning a brass mod externally is no big deal, cleaning an RDA requires you to take it apart and also clean it internally.

Though US brass contains less lead most of it is not lead free either.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
All vape gear is safe... Until the person using it, does so in an UNsafe manner. Safety is about HOW you use a device not the device itself.

A gun.... is 100% safe until the end with the hole is pointed, in the wrong direction. A person is required, for the pointing to occur. Same goes for vaping.

China loves using lead paint and other toxic products in children and pet toys....So not every vaping product is 100% safe until misused, not even close

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got several cloned RDAs that work perfect though there are some visual differences (Veritas, Marquis, Derringer and others).
Got an SKX Kennedy24 and can't tell the clone from the authentic.

Besides the lead issue with brass there is also the constant cleaning required.
While cleaning a brass mod externally is no big deal, cleaning an RDA requires you to take it apart and also clean it internally.

Though US brass contains less lead most of it is not lead free either.
Yep I really avoid Copper or Brass devices made in China. I can distinctively taste the metal vs Copper or Brass devices made in the US or the Philippines which doesn't.

China loves using lead paint and other toxic products in children and pet toys....So not every vaping product is 100% safe until misused, not even close

Yep, goes for wire also, thus why I source my wire from Kidney Puncher, Crazy Wire and Temco. I was using KBee wire (for my practice wire) and was generally pleased until the last batch I got their Kanthal for my practice wire. It's filthy, turns my fingers black when spinning my Clapton wire and I'm tossing it. For my practice wire I now will only use Temco (US milled), Atomizer Wick (US milled) and Pure Atomist (not sure where sourced but is clean).

The wire is clean and holds up longer than wire milled, packaged, etc. from China. That wire is filthy, doesn't hold up nearly as long as US milled wire. Also I don't trust what other crap is in the factory that is milled in China, even though I run all my coils through the Ultrasonic for 5 min's I won't trust the toxins left on the Chinese wire.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Again it is the user.. we know China uses lead paint... it would be a user error then to buy a painted device you put on your mouth. Just saying.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Again it is the user.. we know China uses lead paint... it would be a user error then to buy a painted device you put on your mouth. Just saying.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Anything not SS has to be coated with something, how exactly can you tell what that something is by just looking at a picture on a website?

Then you have the "delrin" and "peek" to deal with...can you really trust crooks to not just give you plastic?

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Then you have the "delrin" and "peek" to deal with...can you really trust crooks to not just give you plastic?

Derlin is a brand name for POM.
Even if it's a non Delin POM and it doesn't melt it should be fine.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyoxymethylene

PEEK however is a different story, it needs to be PEEK and not just colored plastic or it will melt or crumble.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEEK

Derlin and PEEK are both plastics, the question is what kind of plastics.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I guess I could have worded that better but I thought people would understand what I meant

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I thought it was "Delrin" -- I thought "Derlin" was just a typo.

Andria

VU Sponsors