Raspberry ?

ZaTHRaS

Member For 4 Years

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't know the CAP Raspberry. However, TPA's Raspberry is like the (big) Raspberry candy. If I remember correctly, I was using 8-10% as a single flavor.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is the one you have raspberry or raspberry sweet?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A raspberry by any other name....;).....this flavor tends to be noticeable in a recipe regardless of vendor (to me anyway), it's just a matter of determining which is more sweet and which is more tart. I think I'd start with the same percentage as was recommended for Caps, it's within reason. You can always work up if you need to. I feel Caps raspberry is a tad sweeter, but that's just my taste. As far as Flavor Apprentice (also known as Perfumer's Apprentice), my raspberry of choice is their "sweet," but my favorite brand for that one is Inawera.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you made a good recipe with TFA raspberry sweet. To me it.overpowers everything.
I'll look through my recipes and see what I got. But always start in small percentages with that one, like 1% or less, and work up to what you like. It can be a bugger....;)

Adam harris

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'll look through my recipes and see what I got. But always start in small percentages with that one, like 1% or less, and work up to what you like. It can be a bugger....;)

Ok thanks.

Adam harris

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Did you find anything?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This one is pretty good, but needs to age a couple weeks because of the custard....

**Raspberry Custard

Sweet raspberry – TFA – 2%

Vanilla Custard (v1 or 2) – Caps – 1%

Vanilla Classic – FA – 1%

Sweet Cream – Caps – 1%

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found this one on another website, but made revisions to suit my taste....I don't normally use vanillin, but I tried this one without it and it's just not the same.

**Dazs Mangberry

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream - Caps - 8%

Sweet Mango - Caps - 5%

Sweet Raspberry - TFA - 2%

Vanilla Custard - Caps, v1 or v2 - 2%

Vanillin - TFA - 1%

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And remember that taste is always subjective. You may need to tweak either of these with more/less of any given ingredient to suit your taste. ;)

Adam harris

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And remember that taste is always subjective. You may need to tweak either of these with more/less of any given ingredient to suit your taste. ;)

Thanks so much Teresa .

I've been having some bad times with diy...I bought around 30 flavors...most are TFA fruits. A few FA flavors like forest fruit and vienna cream.

The thing is all my recipes are just dull and flat...

Even clones that I make are dull..I measure by weight so I know the percent is right..

I've tried em to add what I'm looking for...vanilla swirl...creams...etc...nothing is working

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some clones are dull. Just because they're posted on the internet doesn't make them accurate or good, unfortunately. I've tried quite a few and I venture to say that out of every dozen I've made, maybe two are good to me. The operative words in that statement are "to me." All our taste buds are different, some are "super tasters", some have taste buds that require a bit more stimulation. What's good to me might be crap in a bottle to you, and vice versa. My best advice for a beginner is this: Know your flavors. Everything you get should be mixed and vaped as a standalone first. That way you know what it tastes like, how strong/weak it is, and how well it might go with another flavor. Know your flavor brands. FlavourArt butterscotch compared to Flavor West butterscotch compared to The Flavor Apprentice butterscotch are going to be three entirely different tastes. It might be a big pain in the arse to do the "little things" first, but it will save you from a lot of failures. ;)

Adam harris

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some clones are dull. Just because they're posted on the internet doesn't make them accurate or good, unfortunately. I've tried quite a few and I venture to say that out of every dozen I've made, maybe two are good to me. The operative words in that statement are "to me." All our taste buds are different, some are "super tasters", some have taste buds that require a bit more stimulation. What's good to me might be crap in a bottle to you, and vice versa. My best advice for a beginner is this: Know your flavors. Everything you get should be mixed and vaped as a standalone first. That way you know what it tastes like, how strong/weak it is, and how well it might go with another flavor. Know your flavor brands. FlavourArt butterscotch compared to Flavor West butterscotch compared to The Flavor Apprentice butterscotch are going to be three entirely different tastes. It might be a big pain in the arse to do the "little things" first, but it will save you from a lot of failures. ;)

What kind of juice do you mix and like a lot.

Fruits/creams
Tobaccos/custard?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All of the above....lol! Fruity and creamy is always good. I'm a custard junkie. And I'm just getting into a few tobaccos that I like pretty well. Took me a bit to figure out that tobacco flavorings don't taste like cigarettes.

Adam harris

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All of the above....lol! Fruity and creamy is always good. I'm a custard junkie. And I'm just getting into a few tobaccos that I like pretty well. Took me a bit to figure out that tobacco flavorings don't taste like cigarettes.

If you haven't tried inawera gold ducat then please try it. It's amazing.

Also if you like sort of a mild tobacco but full of creamy peanut butter goodness give inawera 555 and inawera S'desert ship.

About the custard I made a strawberry custard that's amazing shake and vape.

Here's the recipe. Give it a try:)

TFA strawberry ripe.10%
Caps vanilla custard v2 @ 2%
FA vienna cream 2%
TFA Bavarian cream 4%
TFA cheesecake graham crust 2%
Em is optional but I don't use it

Shake and vape and enjoy.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just got a 60ml bottle of strawberry ripe....time to use it! Thanks!

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, but I'm far from done for the day....lol!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
TFA raspberry both just taste like chemicals to me.
not enjoyable at all. Funny since I loathe them stand alone I have picked them up in a few comercial juices just by smell alone.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm partial to Inawera myself. Tastes like fruit, not perfume. ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inawera doesn't say though which chemicals they use..like diketone.
Well, it's a personal choice but I don't worry a lot about that. Even if there are diketones and such in any of their flavors, it's a hella lot less than what was in the cigarettes I was smoking. ;)

Adam harris

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea cigarette smoke was terrible.

Did you mix that recipe?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, just got done! Now soon as my berry mix is gone, I'll give her a spin...:D

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That means alot to me Teresa. ESPECIALLY coming from you. Thank you.
Aw, you flatter me too much....I'm just a DIYer such as yourself, but you done good with this one. Oddly enough, I just refilled my tank before you posted this and just sitting overnight has brought that graham crust to the forefront and the strawberry has mellowed so pleasantly. It's richer, more like cheesecake than custard to me now, and I like it. I'm gonna make more and hide it in the desk drawer just to see what changes it will make. Thank you for sharing this, Adam....:)

Adam harris

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Aw, you flatter me too much....I'm just a DIYer such as yourself, but you done good with this one. Oddly enough, I just refilled my tank before you posted this and just sitting overnight has brought that graham crust to the forefront and the strawberry has mellowed so pleasantly. It's richer, more like cheesecake than custard to me now, and I like it. I'm gonna make more and hide it in the desk drawer just to see what changes it will make. Thank you for sharing this, Adam....:)

Be right back my jaw is on the floor and I'm pondering reality.

Woah.. yes a week steep with it is pretty good. Oddly though I still haven't made it one of my money juices. I've got a banana recipe that sales like hotcakes at ihop

Adam harris

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lots of people like nana cream type juices. Just a tip

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I'm one of them....;)....don't be holdin' out now! Lol!

VU Sponsors