Become a Patron!

Rant: Simple Instructions or Requests

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
How can some people be so utterly obtuse as to ignore such a simple request as " ** Please refrain from general conversation in this thread... Thank You! **"?
shake.gif

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, if you're like me, you're chatty. If you're like some others I've seen a lot of lately, you have an opinion about E V E R Y T H I N G. The latter just don't know when to stop.
My dear, they hardly come any chattier than me. I've been here... what? (looks...) five weeks and I've already amassed 315 posts? :) And the Good Lord knows I'm nothing if not opinionated. But when somebody posts, clearly, that a thread is not for general discussion, and people carry on as if the request wasn't made, well... I gotta go with VC on this one.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Is this thread a general rant or what?
It could be, if you want. Hell, I'm easy :)

I spent ten minutes searching but couldn't find what may have set you off.
I'm thinking it must have been one hell of a derail. :D
Nah, just a run-of-the-mill "WTF is the matter with people?" venting.

It was the BLACK FRIDAY DEALS!!! thread. Despite exceedingly clear instructions as to what was to be posted to it, people did what they wanted, anyway. Most of the offending posts have been eliminated.

I guess some people can't quite grasp the concept behind the thread, or feel what they have to say is so damn important, that simple rules designed to make the thread actually, you know, useful, don't apply to them.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
@vuJim Thanks for caring ;) It seems to have calmed down now :)

VU Sponsors