Become a Patron!

Random Pet Peeves..

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Kind of like loud poppy gum smackers?

I could probably deal with gum smackers better than I deal with The Dementor taking her lower dentures out and sucking leftovers out of them while sitting beside me on the sofa. :gaah:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I could probably deal with gum smackers better than I deal with The Dementor taking her lower dentures out and sucking leftovers out of them while sitting beside me on the sofa. :gaah:

I would lock her in the freakin bathroom!

Andria

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I would lock her in the freakin bathroom!

Andria

She has a toothbrush. Which she refuses to use on the dentures. They don't fit her well and hurt her so she only uses them to eat with. Polygrip works well for her but she refuses to use it. She carries them around in a tissue or in her purse, but often drops them on the floor, at which point the dogs tend to get them and try to wear them. One of these nights, I'm going to nail them into her jaw while she's asleep.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon

My mother-in-law of 93 who we took care of did that. I made it a point NOT to look in her room after a meal. Ugh! Ewwwww.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Pet peeve... toothbrush and light bulb sections at stores. Since when did we need aerodynamic toothbrushes and college degrees to choose a lightbulb? Jeez.

Oh, and lotions or soaps in pump dispenser bottles. You can never get the full amount of product out.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Pet peeve... toothbrush and light bulb sections at stores. Since when did we need aerodynamic toothbrushes and college degrees to choose a lightbulb? Jeez.

Oh, and lotions or soaps in pump dispenser bottles. You can never get the full amount of product out.
How about the fact that no matter what, you never get all the deodorant out of those crappy gel twisty applicator bottles.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

How about the fact that no matter what, you never get all the deodorant out of those crappy gel twisty applicator bottles.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Go French. Don't use any of it. :D

FΛDED

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Since when did we need aerodynamic toothbrushes and college degrees to choose a lightbulb?

Knowing CFL and LED bulbs and shopping with the 242343423 types, different sizes, and colors at Home Depot. I recently replaced all mine in my home so I feel you on that. I remember a simpler time when all you needed to know was just watts..

65-wat.jpg

.. fancier things get, the more complicated it gets.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Knowing CFL and LED bulbs and shopping with the 242343423 types, different sizes, and colors at Home Depot. I recently replaced all mine in my home so I feel you on that. I remember a simpler time when all you needed to know was just watts..

65-wat.jpg

.. fancier things get, the more complicated it gets.

Been tampon shopping lately? :D

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
different sizes, and colors at Home Depot.
OMG, they have an entire aisle of them. Then the one teeny tiny display that shows you how the lighting is, and that's bullshit. You get home, put the lightbulb in, turn them on, and your house looks either yellow, or so bright you need shades on. Then the heat coming off some of them... just wow.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OMG, they have an entire aisle of them. Then the one teeny tiny display that shows you how the lighting is, and that's bullshit. You get home, put the lightbulb in, turn them on, and your house looks either yellow, or so bright you need shades on. Then the heat coming off some of them... just wow.

It's pretty easy for me. I have to get S.A.D. bulbs, the full spectrum ones. Makes it slightly easier to narrow down. :)

kittyn

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Pet peeve: 'We've shipped your order!' notices emailed to me multiple days before they actually drop off the damned package/have it picked up/whatever.

There's a difference between 'we got around to printing your label' and 'We've shipped your package' people. Gah!

VU Sponsors