Become a Patron!

R.i.p. hank

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the donations! We're almost at our goal and I have heard from a few more who will be donating. The family set up a separate GoFundMe before I got ahold of anyone about ours, but every bit helps and I love that our Vu family came together for them like this

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've wanted to say something here the last couple of days, just wasn't quite sure how. I didn't know him as well as some of you, but we did talk a few times by PM. Hank always seemed like a kind and generous person, even when he was trading insults with @JuicyLucy you could always tell it was done in love. And even though he seemed to worship his Goons he was always helpful and made suggestions to me on some other gear. In fact the last suggestion he made he actually told me not to bother with the Goon I still hadn't bought, and said to get a Yeti instead. Which I also still haven't done. Maybe I should. Anyway, just wanted to say that he will be missed, and my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
seriously he died? oh my gosh that sucks, we had a trade pending and was taking to him via messaging. trade fell through tho because I've been super busy at work and haven't had time to enjoy my vape hobby as much. from what I've seen he was a cool cat online, and I'm sure a stand up guy outside the web. RIP Buddy

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm happy to see he (Hank) recommended the Yeti, I think that's the one I bought for him and he sent me his Odin. Now I wish I'd kept the Odin, it wasn't my kind of vape but the NoFear I got in trade for the Odin is. Hank would've been happy with the outcome, but now I'll go looking for a Yeti in Hank's memory.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm happy to see he (Hank) recommended the Yeti, I think that's the one I bought for him and he sent me his Odin. Now I wish I'd kept the Odin, it wasn't my kind of vape but the NoFear I got in trade for the Odin is. Hank would've been happy with the outcome, but now I'll go looking for a Yeti in Hank's memory.

There is going to be a rush on Yeti's :giggle:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, I remember now, he was broke but just had to have that Yeti, lol

I just ordered one from Coval Vapes
I think you're right, he just had to have it and the place he found it at was having a good sale. I would have bought it for him anyway, but he offered to trade the Odin. He was so happy I got the black one for him....I'll miss the little f**k.

RebelGolfer72

Guilty as charged
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Damn. Just found out about this. Really having a hard time processing it.
Always enjoyed his posts. One of the best senses of humor I've ever seen (and a damn good sport about being on the receiving end of getting his balls busted over something!)
Didn't realize he was a veteran until this post. Airborne, no less, so in addition to being the kind, generous, witty person we all knew, he was a real bad-ass mofo!
Just sucks all around for all who knew him, and those who never had the chance to know him.
The only consolation is that he went in the best possible way.

Dammit Spanky we are gonna miss you!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was just going through some old chats that we had. He sent this one to me sometime last year, I was having a rough day.

31358d105648ae5a75e14734068da2ed.jpg

I can't tell ya how many times I think about him every day. Sometimes I giggle, sometimes I shake my head, while other times, I just get pretty damn sad about it.

We'll miss you and love you forever, Hank. <3

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I was just going through some old chats that we had. He sent this one to me sometime last year, I was having a rough day.

31358d105648ae5a75e14734068da2ed.jpg

I can't tell ya how many times I think about him every day. Sometimes I giggle, sometimes I shake my head, while other times, I just get pretty damn sad about it.

We'll miss you and love you forever, Hank. <3

Me too - he used to message me every morning :(

I got that Yeti - I see why he liked it so well

Screen Shot 2017-04-03 at 9.57.48 PM.png

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
After seeing all of the Spankman banners, my curiosity brought me to this thread. In response to this unexpected news, people here have shown that this is more than just a vaping resource site.
It is a true community. Kudos.

If this was the only thing I knew about this community, it would be all I needed to know to keep coming back.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After seeing all of the Spankman banners, my curiosity brought me to this thread. In response to this unexpected news, people here have shown that this is more than just a vaping resource site.
It is a true community. Kudos.

If this was the only thing I knew about this community, it would be all I needed to know to keep coming back.

Very true -- this is my support group for being a non-smoking vaper, no doubt about that at all.... but in October when my mom was dying in ICU, the people in the Refugee thread (where I most typically "hang out") and all over this forum proved that they are not only my support group, but my friends. Not sure I'd have come thru that -- and sober! -- without the awesome people around here.

Andria

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The people here are family. When there is joy we all share in it. When there is darkness we are all here to guide each other through it. VU is a godsend. There people here make it so.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received today a couple boxes of Hanks vape gear and assorted odds and ends. Everyone who knew Hank knows he had a ton of stuff and it will take me a few days to go through it, clean it all up, and sort it out.

I'll be making one large sale thread for all of it in the classifieds and adding things over the next several days, and will ship everything at once to keep it easier to handle. Please have patience with us as we go through all of it, I'll respond to everyone as I get the chance.

All money earned minus shipping will be sent back to Hank's wife and daughters.

BAM crew

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I received today a couple boxes of Hanks vape gear and assorted odds and ends. Everyone who knew Hank knows he had a ton of stuff and it will take me a few days to go through it, clean it all up, and sort it out.

I'll be making one large sale thread for all of it in the classifieds and adding things over the next several days, and will ship everything at once to keep it easier to handle. Please have patience with us as we go through all of it, I'll respond to everyone as I get the chance.

All money earned minus shipping will be sent back to Hank's wife and daughters.

BAM crew
That's amazing of you, thank you always

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors