Quality Vs. Quantity

Pick your poison

• Total voters

Casums180

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yo,

What do you look for in an eliquid? Obviously no one wants sh1t liquid but if you had to choose (and do) a "budget" e liquid that still tastes good vs a "high end" e liquid with a price tag, what comes out on top?

As a consumer would you buy some juice that you can get 100ml for $15-20. The juice tastes good and has good reviews. of course some bad reviews (what company doesn't) but over all is a very like liquid.
^^^^This seems perfect, why would some one pay more with all of this^^^^^

The catch is, this "budget" liquid does not have any testing of the liquid and have not said a word about the lab in which the liquid is produced.

Now on the flip side, you have a juice that runs upwards of $30 for 30ML. This juice tastes great, has good reviews (some bad) but has all sorts of papers to back up the quality. almost too many papers...

What company would you go with long term? I get testing out company but if you were to find you "go to" liquid supplier, which would it be?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I didn't do the poll, because I really don't like either option. I've never had a budget for extremely high-end juice; middling price-tag ($19/30ml) that's tasty from a reputable vendor is about the best I've ever been able to afford. But it was concerns about diketones that, among other issues, initially prompted me to get serious about making my own juice. Flavors, compared to finished ejuice, are not very costly, and it's fairly easy to get some kind of info/documentation about what's in the flavors, particularly with certain brands and vendors.

But then, I far prefer to make my own food, rather than eating at restaurants, for much the same reason -- I can afford very high quality, if I prepare the food myself, and I know what's in it and in what conditions it's been prepared. To me, the inconvenience of making rather than merely purchasing either ejuice or food, is worth it, to know I'm getting a safe and high-quality product that I can afford.

Andria

Casums180

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No spam here... Just trying to satisfy a curiosity.

I started vaping PomPom by 503liquids based out of MN. I vaped that stuff for about 2 years on a basic device that finally broke. I then purchased a Subvod which was my first experience with subohm. the PomPom was still very good (best i have had personally) but at $22 for 30ml it seems a little pricey.
So now it is time to expand my horizon... I went out and got the following juices to try and find my ADV. (Andromeda by Space Jame, Kryptonite by Cosmic Fog, Double O Sleven by Carpe Diem Vapes, Leslieville by Moshi, Mother's Milk by Suicide Bunny, Dali by Must Vape)
All of those juices we good and had their strengths. I would consider them all to be on the "higher" end of the price spectrum. (except Carpe Diem Vapes - but still real good!)

Most recently i order 600ml of Verde Valley Vapes. The few that i have tried so far are very tasty.
With the most recent order i was able to get 600ml for about $55 compared to a 30ml for roughly 20-25...

I'm just wondering if people focus on cost or reputation(quality).

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Depends, I guess. Some people aren't as concerned as others when it comes to testing. More vendors are testing, though, because more vapers are beginning to ask and are concerned. With vaping, we've seen it all, high counts for diacetyl and other custard notes, some saying they test, when they won't prove they do, others are an open book on their testing. The best method for knowing is to make your own and know what goes into the flavorings you purchase.

So, yeah, everyone is different on what they search out. My guess? More vapers want good flavors economically priced. Open book testing being a bonus. I could be wrong.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A 30ml bottle of premium liquid is half the price of a carton of smokes. The way I vape, that's a 1:1 comparison. Soooo, knowing that a proper lab was involved in making said liquid, is worth the premium to me.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I make my own juice or only buy from labs I feel secure about.

if you are really curious about this, going to a group of well connected hobbyists is probably going to give you rather skewed set of results; in comparison, to the average vapor.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, no mater how good the taste or how good the value, I wouldn't buy a juice that hasn't been tested.
So what juices do you end up buying? I would be interested to check them out if they're tested.
The only company I buy from that does lab testing is Halo.

R34SKYLINE

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So what juices do you end up buying? I would be interested to check them out if they're tested.
The only company I buy from that does lab testing is Halo.

One of the local shops where I live recommended a few brands like Binary, The Sauce, Double Comma, and Firebrand. The said all the brands they carry do lab testing. I have tried and love all of them. Im sure most of the bigger companies like 5 star, milkman, ruthless all do testing as well. I tried millkman and didnt see what all the hype was about. I havent seen a shop around here carry 5 star or ruthless so I havent tried them yet

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Places I get my "not marked up 5000% juice" run tests....Biased poll.:poop:

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Giant vapes-
Love Cotto's-
One hit wonder
Just diff juices but flavors are strawberry N creams
Cinnamon buns Danish etc
Along with cereal vapes too-
I'm
A
Dessert vapes girl now loo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Severs

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I, just having tasted one of the $13 for 15ml brands, honestly don't get the appeal for such a high priced juice. It tastes good sure, but IMO being that this 15 ML bottle might last me to the end of today when I just bought it yesterday, doesn't taste that good. I had to buy something to last me a couple days while my next batches finish aging, and walked in expecting to pay $10 or $15 for a 30ml, and ended up going with one of the cheaper brands, cheaper being a relative term obviously at $13 for 15ml. If it wasn't for the fact that the only stuff I have aged already tastes like crap, I would never have bought it. I thought that one of the draws to vaping was it being cheaper to vape than smoke, some of these prices I'm seeing, I could go buy a few packs of Natural American Spirit and have it last just as long for cheaper, and for those not familiar with that brand, it's $7.50 a pack here, where as say USA Gold is like $5.

Obviously it all comes down to personal preference, and to each their own, I just don't get it. Making my own juice, if I did my math right, it costs me about $1ish, give or take a quarter or so, to make a 30 ml bottle of juice, so i just don't get the $20 to $30 pricetag on the same size bottle of "premium" juice that, in all honesty, doesn't taste any better than the good flavors I make at home. $10 or $15, sure, convenience cost, but not $20 or $30.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out Verde Valley Vapes thread on here. Fantastic flavors at an awesome price. plus a free 100ml bottle when you spend over 20$.

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will (and do) take the budget juice in bulk. If I can get a 120ml of good juice for $10-$15 vs a 30ml of great juice for $20+, Ill take the 120ml every time.

Thats not to say I dont buy the $20+ premium bottles every now and again, if theres a flavor that really sticks out as a must try, but for my everyday, chain vaping needs, I go for the budget.

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Its hard for me to take the poll as I no longer buy " off the shelf" liquids.

I used to buy from the Plume Room, which I guess is premium. Got some samples and ended up liking most of what I tried.

As my vape career grew , I noticed I could not stand strong , sweet strong vanilla. So my NET love grew and I ended up buying from Walkers Finest and Naturally extracted .com.

Im a vape fiend so it got too costly. I had to DIY my light ADV.... I cant see paying top dollar for 80 to 100% VG and some drops of peppermint, pineapple-straw, or cherry. I can do that for a fraction of the cost.

Now I make my own NET , so its surprisingly easy and just as good.

For me paying 20.00 for a fraction of nicotine with some bakery, desert or other flavors is not worth it. I cant stand the aftertaste of the sweeteners and almost everything has become too sweet.

I want safety and cleanliness above all. I think most liquids costs go to labels and bottles and advertising. Im usually very disappointed by boutique liquids.

PS. Im just glad that there are choices. If you dont want to DIY ( and I dont blame you, its a pain ) there are lots of choices from budget and SAFE to boutique-exotic. Its all about choice and we all have that.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
PS. Im just glad that there are choices. If you dont want to DIY ( and I dont blame you, its a pain ) there are lots of choices from budget and SAFE to boutique-exotic. Its all about choice and we all have that.

For a few more months, anyway. :rolleyes:

FUCK OFF AND DIE, FDA!!!!!!!!!!!

Andria

Stigma

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really picky when it comes to juice and constantly let down when I try a new juice that most people love. My two all day juices are both made by Cuttwood, Unicorn Milk and Sugar Drizzle. I get them for $43.99 for 120ml. For me it's a no Brainer._20160509_032852.JPG

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm really picky when it comes to juice and constantly let down when I try a new juice that most people love. My two all day juices are both made by Cuttwood, Unicorn Milk and Sugar Drizzle. I get them for $43.99 for 120ml. For me it's a no Brainer.View attachment 50359
Where do you find Cuttwood at these prices? I'm addicted to Boss Reserve.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just vape what I like. Price for the most part really doesn't come into play. I've had juices that I have loved that I paid $7.50 for 120ml and I've had $25 30ml bottles that I just don't like and everything in between. I think the hardest part is finding a flavor profile that you like. Once you do that just let that be your guide. Of course it doesn't help that I am constantly trying new juices. I do keep a list of the juices that I really like and I do jump at a chance to get them on sale when I see them but price for the most part will not stop me from trying something I think I'll enjoy. I do take the opinion of certain people here more seriously than others when it comes to juice. Some people here have the same kind of taste I have so when they say something is good I will be more apt to try it.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unicorn Milk and Sugar Drizzle. I get them for $43.99 for 120ml.
Stigma, I have the same question as Absynith. Where do you get them at these prices? Even with a 25% off sale, they cost over $60 each at 101Vape right now.

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The code worked! I got 120s of Cuttwood Sugar Drizzle, Boss Reserve, and Unicorn Milk, plus a 120ml of 7Daze apple, and a smaller one of Hump Day.
Jesus, am I stocked up now or what!!

absynith

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The code worked! I got 120s of Cuttwood Sugar Drizzle, Boss Reserve, and Unicorn Milk, plus a 120ml of 7Daze apple, and a smaller one of Hump Day.
Woot! Happy to be of help. I am waiting till payday. But I certainly plan on checking it out. :)

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'll get a120ml of Unicorn Milk today. How long do you steep it for? Do you do the whole "shake-air-let sit for 2 weeks" thing?
Unicorn Milk like most premium e juices already come pre steeped. there is no need to steep Unicorn Milk.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you know, i was contemplating how to make a Sugar Drizzle clone...and i will assume the recipe looks very close to the Unicorn Milk recipe which looks like this.
Nicotine juice 3%
PG dilutant 5.5%
VG dilutant 75%
Total base 83.5%
Butter Cream (CAP) 1.5%
Graham Cracker v1 (CAP) 0.5%
New York Cheesecake (CAP) 0.5%
Sweet Cream (CAP) 1.5%
Sweet Strawberry (CAP) 8.5%
Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP)1%
Vanilla Custard v1 (CAP) 3%
since i have both unicorn milk and sugar drizzle both stockpiled and know that their base notes tastes the same. i will assume the ingredients are similar minus the strawberry.
i will assume replacing the sweet strawberry for a lower percentage Cinnamon Swirl (CAP) at around 1 or 2 percent and adding a 0.5 red hot cinnamon to give some warmth....then topping it off with alot of sweetener...cuz i know when i vape Sugar Drizzle on my Ego One it always leaves what looks like sugar crystals on my Ego One's drip tip.
i'll assume its Capella's Sucralose sweetener they're adding.
the next time i'll order from Cap i'll make sure to get the ingredients to experiment and see if i can make a good close clone of Drizzle.
but i'm 100% sure that the Sugar Drizzle recipe mirrors the Unicorn Milk recipe since the back notes are the same in taste and smell.
just remove the sweet strawberry and replace with sucralose, cinnamon danish swirl, and a teeny tiny amount of red hot cinnamon.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I, just having tasted one of the $13 for 15ml brands, honestly don't get the appeal for such a high priced juice. It tastes good sure, but IMO being that this 15 ML bottle might last me to the end of today when I just bought it yesterday, doesn't taste that good. I had to buy something to last me a couple days while my next batches finish aging, and walked in expecting to pay $10 or $15 for a 30ml, and ended up going with one of the cheaper brands, cheaper being a relative term obviously at $13 for 15ml. If it wasn't for the fact that the only stuff I have aged already tastes like crap, I would never have bought it. I thought that one of the draws to vaping was it being cheaper to vape than smoke, some of these prices I'm seeing, I could go buy a few packs of Natural American Spirit and have it last just as long for cheaper, and for those not familiar with that brand, it's $7.50 a pack here, where as say USA Gold is like $5.

Obviously it all comes down to personal preference, and to each their own, I just don't get it. Making my own juice, if I did my math right, it costs me about $1ish, give or take a quarter or so, to make a 30 ml bottle of juice, so i just don't get the $20 to $30 pricetag on the same size bottle of "premium" juice that, in all honesty, doesn't taste any better than the good flavors I make at home. $10 or $15, sure, convenience cost, but not $20 or $30.

i agree that paying $22 for 30ml juice is silly since there is alotta price jacking up here.
considering the actual costs of making said juice. but thats business its not like a car actually costs 22k to make.
but i will say even though its more reasonable+cost effective to diy at home...
sometimes...
its nice to discover someone's great recipe when just buying from a local vape shop.

for example.
i personally, would never ever ever have come up with the recipe of combining honeydew + coconut.
the thought of combining those two flavors wouldve never entered my skull.
but Philip Rocke did.
he came up with that recipe. i know i wouldnt have because in my mind those 2 flavors dont mix. matter of fact it sorta seems like a nasty disgusting combo of flavors.
Yet,
it works.
Because Philip Rocke's Koi ...which is essentially coconut + honeydew...is freaking delicious!

point is, you'll discover flavor profiles through shopping that you wouldnt have dreamt up yourself at home diy'ing by yourself.

another one is Apollo by Elysian Elixirs.
Pineapple+Guava.
i wouldve never thought of that flavor combo at home by myself.
Meanwhile, those two flavors go soooooooooooooooooooo well together. Good God one of the most delicious vapes ive ever tried. mmmmmmm. so yummy.
So,...discovering new flavors via buying premium juices shouldnt be negated i think. Cuz other folks will figure out or find out new recipes that are really mind blowing.

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I honestly struggle to use anyone but Verde Valley Vapes. I feel like I get the best of both worlds with them.

I think that the only issue is their selection could be more expansive, and I wouldn't mind some creative juices either. But, the former has slowly expanded and I just hope the latter happens at some point.

Cost is a major issue for me though, and I'm not able to DIY due to.. well, dying lol I have no doubt that skews things a bit.

That said, I have never tried the "ultra premium" stuff and my overall experience is probably a bit more limited than most (I'd rather spend my very limited funds on gear than juice).

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just wanted to say I have been vaping nothing buy MECHSAUCE for quite a few months now and the taste is incredible. Actually, I prefer it over most of the "premium" juices. $18.99 for 120ml. I cannot see spending $20-$30 for only 30ml. I am not saying people can't because to each their own. However, if you get the chance to try a couple flavors from mechsauce.com I would recommend "Muffin Face", "Batter Up", "Mech Milk", "Cinnamon Dream", and "Goat Gravy". These all come with the option of 80VG/20PG or MAXVG. They offer 15ml for $3.99 - 30ml for $6.50 - 100ml for $15.00 and 120ml for $18.99 which is all I buy anymore.

Just my 2 cents.
Happy Vaping Everyone!
Sincerely,
Mr. Chainvapor

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I honestly struggle to use anyone but Verde Valley Vapes. I feel like I get the best of both worlds with them.

I think that the only issue is their selection could be more expansive, and I wouldn't mind some creative juices either. But, the former has slowly expanded and I just hope the latter happens at some point.

Cost is a major issue for me though, and I'm not able to DIY due to.. well, dying lol I have no doubt that skews things a bit.

That said, I have never tried the "ultra premium" stuff and my overall experience is probably a bit more limited than most (I'd rather spend my very limited funds on gear than juice).

???
You're dying?

Tuluum

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
???
You're dying?

Yup. I wouldn't worry about it though, we all are in a sense, eh? Hopefully I've got a lot of time :)

It strongly affects my vape experience though, and I'm sure I'm not alone in that. I know that many are in a similar position, and I think if more switched from cigs to vaping, it could eke out a bit higher quality of life. Its actually interesting how much it impacts vaping, and how different the approach needs to be.

The fact that companies like v3 exist, with their prices and quality, offers some of us more than just a "good deal." It enables me to have the same quality of experience as anyone else. The fact that I actually prefer some of their juices over any others (I'm looking at you strawberry milkshake, blueberry custard, and glazed donut.. and any mix of 'em!) is fantastic. Being able to get quantity AND quality is a beautiful thing, for anyone!

I just hope that my particular position can help someone else in a similar one! So much of it is sad stories to garner sympathy for various reasons, and that doesn't provide any useful, actionable information to anyone.

Should probably do an intro thread :p

Mjfranci

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unicorn Milk like most premium e juices already come pre steeped. there is no need to steep Unicorn Milk
I seem to have awful luck with "no need to steep juices". I still aired it a bit on the 1st day and steeped for almost 1 month, and now I am enjoying it tremendously. It's an amazing juice. Very sweet and flavorful. Will totally buy again.

VU Sponsors