Become a Patron!

Punishing My Vamo For Punishing Me

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I was delighted when I moved up from eGo's to a Gun Metal Vamo v5 until a few months later the tiny left button broke. I was freaking out as the eGo's are ok when I'm out and about, but at my PC desk I like something with more power and options.
I scampered back to FastTech to find a Vamo v6 with 20 watts and supposed to work down to .5ohm. Only in stainless steel at the time. I read where the stainless steel wears better, though I like some color. I grew to like stainless steel.
I thought I could live with the wonky ohm readings until I was trying to build some new sub-ohm coils the other day. Ok, skip that idea I will just make above 1 ohm coils to get my RTA/RDA back in service.

Yesterday while window shopping on Amazon.com, I stumbled across 3 reasonably priced box mods. The iPV Mini 30, Sigelei Mini 30W and Sigelei 50W VR2. Normally I would not shop there for mods, but I have some gift certificates leftover from the holidays.
I researched hard for a whole day trying to decide which of the 3 would be best for me. I like the wavy lines on the Sigelei 50W VR2 allot, but would I need anything that powerful? Hard to tell with a wonky Vamo. The iPV had some minor issues with the build quality that I read about. The Sigelei Mini was only available in black at the time I was looking. I wanted stainless so with the black silicone sleeve I could have two colors for the price of one. I thought about waiting, but it is rare that anyone on Amazon sells reasonably priced vaping gear that I like.
The black Sigelei Mini 30W won the cart.
It was hard to pass up the beautiful black Sigelei 50W VR2 with the stunning wavy lines, but 50 watts on a single 18650 battery did have me wondering about vape time on a single charge, plus the price could come down later.
Then there is always the iStick 50 watt to check out.

When my new mod comes, the Vamo will be sent to it's place next to the remaining eGos.

Steam Powered

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You just went from a old pick up truck to a new Cadillac.
After a couple of days with that Sig ole Vamo will become a distant memory....

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I had a girlfriend with stunning wavy lines once......................

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When you say the left adjustment button broke, do you mean the button cap or the function of the button itself?

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had 3 vamo V5's and have knocked every single one of them over at some point and smashed in those buttons. So once that happens they are super sensitive to any kind of light touch or even if I shake the mod it will cause the buttons to change the settings. I can see why people use them, but if I could do it all over, I never would have wasted money on those shitty made things.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The function of the button itself. The cap is still on. It does not click. The right side one still works as does the fire button.

N

Newheart301

Those silicone sleeves work great for protecting the vamo's from fall's.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The function of the button itself. The cap is still on. It does not click. The right side one still works as does the fire button.

Ill pay shipping for you to send it to me if youre just gonna throw it out...I can use the button caps off it for a project im working on..let me know if interested.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have been hanging on to it in case I run across an easy fix for it.
How about $5 plus shipping paid by you?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been hanging on to it in case I run across an easy fix for it.
How about $5 plus shipping paid by you?
I can just tell you how to fix it...fasttech sells the v5 pcb board for like 11 dollars...check it out if you like.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok, thanks. What is the best way to get to the board to replace it?

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My Vamo v6 must know it will soon be replaced (hopefully by this Monday or Tuesday), because it has been firing all my tanks and RBA's today. The ohms readout still jumps around. Maybe it helped when it fell off my desk yesterday.

Three days ago it was picky about what tank would work. Today the same tanks that showed the ohms were too low now work fine.
Now I may have to find a nicer place then with the eGos. Haha.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Far as i know the top pulls off...i havent pulled one apart myself just yet but found this on google..So you know ,the ones on fasttech are supposedly clones..dont know how they actually work..reviews on them are 50/50 pretty much....I was gonnna pick up one of the vamo 2 boards for 7 bucks to see how it worked but found a whole vamo v2 for 16 shipped instead from the U.S.

IMG_2536_zps372ac378.jpg

N

Newheart301

Haven't dropped my Vamo's yet, not the V6 or V5, both KSD's, but..... the Zmax mini, has taken quite a few tumbles, and surprisingly, my $7.99 Smok ACE, has been dropped, kicked, fallen out of the truck even , it's really taken a beating. Have broken the glass on both size Nautilus, but the plain gold ass ACE, just works... every time I hit it !

VU Sponsors