VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
From jefferyD just joined today

hello are you still interested in getting this?.
you can contact larry he has a Wismec Reuleaux RX G 100W Mod for sale........... PM him @ [email protected]
We are using regular ban instead of spam ban on these now so it should preserve any of the PM's & posts they have made.

Jlmancuso1134

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
From jefferyD just joined today

hello are you still interested in getting this?.
you can contact larry he has a Wismec Reuleaux RX G 100W Mod for sale........... PM him @ [email protected]
We are using regular ban instead of spam ban on these now so it should preserve any of the PM's & posts they have made.

I just received one of these same messages (pm) in response to a wtb thread for bridges. It seemed off so I ignored it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have a scammer detector for sale. Just point it at the suspect's PM and you'll know if he's a weirdo.
Just shoot a quick $300 money order to my totally legit post box. :kickbutt:
Let me guess, You don't have it on you?
Instead your buddy Billy has it and I can reach him at [email protected]

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Bump for relevance.

Anyone been getting any strange new PM's?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'll tag them.

@Mr_p016 @bapowim834
Either of you want to explain how/why your name(s) ended up in the scammer thread?
:rolleyes:

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I'm seeing people on FB scammed constantly, it's really a shame. It's also the reason that I'll only buy and sell with people I know or who have good feedback here. I've sold a few items on FB, but am very hesitant to buy anything there.

I suspect as some of these scammers get exposed on other platforms it's inevitable that some will try to make their way in here. Stay diligent people!

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I always try to watch for little things. Not a guarantee, but I think helps. Tonight was a perfect example. Doing FB messenger with a guy I don't know at all. Had pics of about 20 mods for sale. The first two I asked about had already sold. I think to myself, if it was a scam, why would he ever say that? I can't think of any reason he would.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
...or if he has posted photos of his wedding where he and all the groomsmen are wearing kilts......Legit.
May have lost his balls that day but not a scammer.
That is unless the scammer downloaded the picture for the purpose of misrepresenting who he or she is (catfishing).

There was once some ass on FB (before I set my profile to friends only) that started messaging me, claiming to be some 2 star general, with the same photo uploaded multiple times. As usual with these ones, it was another romance scammer.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
That is unless the scammer downloaded the picture for the purpose of misrepresenting who he or she is (catfishing).

There was once some ass on FB (before I set my profile to friends only) that started messaging me, claiming to be some 2 star general, with the same photo uploaded multiple times. As usual with these ones, it was another romance scammer.
Very true but there is something about a man in a Kilt, catfishing in a Kilt?
That's a world I don't wanna be in anymore, lol.

On second thought, a 2 star general, WTH? Guess 5 would have been too much....😁

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
He says he has em...doesn't say what exactly but I'm sure he's got it!

I have this as well, and that, something else, another thing. Willing to sell them all at the amazing low price of six payments at $19.95 per each unit. That's six payments of $19.95 for this. Then, six payments of $19.95 for that, and so on.

BUT WAIT, THERE"S MORE, ...

Act now, and I'll include the ever infinite & wondrous IT! You just pay S*H on IT.

ETA: Apologies, thought it was obvious that was intended as humor. Consider the lovely info-commercials where products are always sold at $19.95. They always include a gift if you pay the Shipping and Handling for IT. Your post said 'e told you, he had it. I filled in the blanks with an info-commercial in my mind. Again, apologies, my mind is wired in some screwy ways. I also probably missed the comedy train, seems it's timed just wrong for me all the time.

Last edited:

JuiceHeadsGuy

Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have this as well, and that, something else, another thing. Willing to sell them all at the amazing low price of six payments at $19.95 per each unit. That's six payments of $19.95 for this. Then, six payments of $19.95 for that, and so on.

BUT WAIT, THERE"S MORE, ...

Act now, and I'll include the ever infinite & wondrous IT! You just pay S*H on IT.

ETA: Apologies, thought it was obvious that was intended as humor. Consider the lovely info-commercials where products are always sold at $19.95. They always include a gift if you pay the Shipping and Handling for IT. Your post said 'e told you, he had it. I filled in the blanks with an info-commercial in my mind. Again, apologies, my mind is wired in some screwy ways. I also probably missed the comedy train, seems it's timed just wrong for me all the time.

lol all good, gave me a laugh at least

eawfs30

Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My scammer...heres the photos they used. The description of the items, etc didn't get my red flag up. Also my first time not getting vouches. The PayPal used was [email protected]. This lead to Josh and Ashley Drakos in Pittsburg, Texas
Screenshot_20230102-151658.png

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I feel bad for legit traders with zero feedback, I really do.
But you know what would make you trustworthy?

1) Try logging in from your real IP. Not bending over backwards to hide your location promotes trust.
2) Make a few buys from the classifeieds. You only need one or two and BAM!
Just like that you have 100% positive feedback.
It's not rocket science. lol
For instance, I'd trust the new member in the post above who got scammed..
They have feedback:
1672957189728.png
They aren't trying to hide their location. (I peeped, lol)

Say @eawfs30 lists something for sale in the classifieds that I want but I suddenly got an extreme case of paranoia.
All I have to do is offer to pay regular through PayPal as well as pay the 5% or so in fees.
I feel that MY paranoia shouldn't cost the seller any money (PayPal fees) because they aren't the paranoid ones.

eawfs30

Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I feel bad for legit traders with xero feedback, I really do.
But you know what would make you trustworthy?

1) Try logging in from your real IP. Not bending over backwards to hide your location promotes trust.
2) Make a few buys from the classifeieds. You only need one or two and BAM!
Just like that you have 100% positive feedback.
It's not rocket science. lol
For instance, I'd trust the new member in the post above who got scrammed..
They have feedback:
View attachment 200972
They aren't trying to hide their location. (I peeped, lol)

Say @eawfs30 lists something for sale in the classifieds that I want but I suddenly got an extreme case of paranoia.
All I have to do is offer to pay regular through PayPal as well as pay the 5% or so in fees.
I feel that MY paranoia shouldn't cost the seller any money (PayPal fees) because they aren't the paranoid ones.
Nice! I didnt know I had that. By the way @gadget is awesome!

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Rating - 100%
5   0   0