VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haha, I owe someone 50bucks. :(

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yes, its true.... Im sure there are many that are gloating, but honestly, I cant say enough about their CS, and so its not high powered but they work, and work and work.....

I have 2 old 2.5's with the updated flat tops and a P3 and I cant fault them at all.

I love them and though I tried to avoid the Provari's I am really happy I have these and will have them for a long time to come. Im sure they will out live my beautiful wood box.

prov%20trio-003_zpslwmy2ex2.jpg

pro%202_zpsapacfdfu.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I said it in another thread.
I'm not surprised at all. But, without them I would still be smoking.
I only wish, they would have kept up with the industry. I would love a 150w tank with their build quality.
I do hope that they regroup and find some other niche in the industry. They did help the industry develop, after all.
2efdf5993c130699f0e36f499b264f85.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
^^^^ the real reason they are closing is my armchair guess. They can blame the FDA all they want, but in reality, they dropped out of the game a long time ago
Oh, they certainly did. I figure they thought enough people would stay low power to keep them going.
I've certainly had my differences with their engineering and limiting.
But, I think their running theory was most vapors looking to quit won't really need to cross the 30w mark and people would opt for them over an inexpensive starter kit.
That may have worked fine before the Atlantis; but, after that the game changed and they didn't.
I'm still glad they helped me kick the smokes. Kinda curious to see how long before I can sell my mods for what I paid for them, on the collector market.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well hell... Prorape outta biz... Trump elected... i guess that just leaves... clone vs. authentic?

:giggle:
Andria

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow! This is all news to me, guess I haven't kept up with vaping industry news.
As I read through this thread I thought about what @f1r3b1rd mentioned above about collectors.
Oh chucks. Hopefully they'll apply their penchant for quality in another venue. This is sad.
Lol, I reckon I'm a little nostalgic for the brand that got me off of a 20 year 2 P.A
D. habit.
That and for their time, they were made of higher quality than most regulated mods in their price range.

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol, I reckon I'm a little nostalgic for the brand that got me off of a 20 year 2 P.A
D. habit.
That and for their time, they were made of higher quality than most regulated mods in their price range.

I really never have seen any other mods in their price range...........They were always more expensive than almost anything else on the market. They did build great quality, but I have a few Lost Vape mods now (1 DNA200 and 2 DNA75 devices) and their build quality is just as good as Provape. They really did not have to go to the 200 watt range to stay relevant. They just needed to get up to at least 75-80 watts and they probably still would have sold quite a few mods. But 30 watts???? That is so 2014. LOL :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really never have seen any other mods in their price range...........They were always more expensive than almost anything else on the market. They did build great quality, but I have a few Lost Vape mods now (1 DNA200 and 2 DNA75 devices) and their build quality is just as good as Provape. They really did not have to go to the 200 watt range to stay relevant. They just needed to get up to at least 75-80 watts and they probably still would have sold quite a few mods. But 30 watts???? That is so 2014. LOL :)

2015. 2014 was all about 15w. :D

Andria

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Lol, I've been on both sides of that argument; and, I'm not in disagreement.

It's really a moot discussion anyway, the free market proved their business model wrong. As far as I'm concerned, the market always has the last word.

But, obviously my personal feelings on it were simple.
I wanted mods from them, so I bought them.
I vape anywhere from 20w - 110w. I don't see a reason for all of my devices to run above 100w if I don't always vape that way, Considering I have over 50 devices.

IF I only vape a single coil at 30w, why do I need anything bigger than a single battery mod for it? When I want more power, I can grab anything else off the shelf for that, from series or parallel mechs to several dual or triple battery dna250mods.

When I bought the 50w tube from them it was Partially for the nostalgia of my first mod, and partially because I know the quality. Same thing when I bought their radius. The p2.5 was, for it's time, a big deal. They just fell behind the market. But the mods were still good stuff.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
D. habit.

I never bought one. At first 'cause they're high end (mucho $) then because of their low power
even though I rarely vape over 15 watts..sometimes 35.
But I was going to break down and buy their last cylinder in the Stealth model
as a collectors item more than anything.

I can't say I owe nostalgia or loyalty to any brand
because I quit an over 45 year habit, 4PAD toward the last few years, cold turkey.
Two years later my family was driving down to Key West and one of the older kids was vaping.
I expressed curiosity
and my old lady bought me a 650mAh (overpriced) Atmos, CE4 tank and bottle of juice at the mall
for a convo Father's Day-Birthday present.
That got me started but if I was going to be nostalgic about what kept me going
I'd have to say VAMO. LOL

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I never bought one. At first 'cause they're a high end (mucho $) then because of their low power
even though I rarely vape over 15 watts..sometimes 35.
But I was going to break down and buy their last cylinder in the Stealth model
as a collectors item more than anything.

I can't say I owe nostalgia or loyalty to any brand
because I quit an over 45 year habit, 4PAD toward the last few years, cold turkey.
Two years later my family was driving down to Key West and one of the older kids was vaping.
I expressed curiosity
and my old lady bought me a 650mAh (overpriced) Atmos, tank and bottle of juice at the mall
for a convo Father's Day-Birthday present.
That got me started but if I was going to be nostalgic about what kept me going
I'd have to say VAMO. LOL
I wish I could say the same. I had to quit on the fly. I was going in for a bypass surgery; and , the recovery would leave me in the bed for a month. So, it was quite cold turkey or start vaping and stock up on juice. I did some research and went this route.

Thankfully, it served me well and was my only mod for almost 6 months. Which is when I started the, 'collection.'

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish I could say the same. I had to quit on the fly. I was going in for a bypass surgery; and , the recovery would leave me in the bed for a month. So, it was quite cold turkey or start vaping and stock up on juice. I did some research and went this route.

Thankfully, it served me well and was my only mod for almost 6 months. Which is when I started the, 'collection.'

Whatever works.
I had to quit in a hurry too, in my case they'd found a persistent dark spot in my lungs.
I had tried vaping a couple of times before I quit smoking but because of the dinosaur technology
and raunchy tasting Chinese juice I tried I rejected the concept. So when the doctor suggested I quit
I did it the hard way.

When I began vaping it was because of curiosity, the "tech geek" of it, and because
though I did not miss smoking ciggies I did miss the stimulus of nicotine.

I've accumulated a lot of stuff also...I don't expect to sell any of it, I'm a nicotine junkie

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
LOL. Time flies!!!!! HA HA :)

Yeah, I got my first 30w mod -- an iStick30 -- in March 2015. But I still vape at 10w or less, though now I have a whole herd of 30w and 40w mods. :giggle: Best thing about the arms race to higher and higher wattage was how cheap the 30w and 40w mods became. ;)

Andria

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Whatever works.
I had to quit in a hurry too, in my case they'd found a persistent dark spot in my lungs.
I had tried vaping a couple of times before I quit smoking but because of the dinosaur technology
and raunchy tasting Chinese juice I tried I rejected the concept. So when the doctor suggested I quit
I did it the hard way.

When I began vaping it was because of curiosity, the "tech geek" of it, and because
though I did not miss smoking ciggies I did miss the stimulus of nicotine.

I've accumulated a lot of stuff also...I don't expect to sell any of it, I'm a nicotine junkie
Damn dude.... Hope that dark spot got under control.

The need side certainly appealed to me. I had just graduated with my EE when I started. So, I was really loving the tinkering, battery research and all of the yelling by the then 'mech vs regulated' camps online.

Can't say I'm a nic junkee, anymore. I've gone fully off the nic, for a while. It's more of a real hobby now.

HazyShades

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn dude.... Hope that dark spot got under control.

The need side certainly appealed to me. I had just graduated with my EE when I started. So, I was really loving the tinkering, battery research and all of the yelling by the then 'mech vs regulated' camps online.

Can't say I'm a nic junkee, anymore. I've gone fully off the nic, for a while. It's more of a real hobby now.

Thanks, yea it did get under control though it took 6 months. Turned out to be a persistent infection,
sort of a walking pneumonia type of thing. I was starting to develop some unrelated COPD issues
so it all worked out.
Yea, gotcha on gadgetry. I parler geek.
I am a junkie with a neat hobby. I have cut down from 36 mg/ml where I started
to making 20mg/ml for the tanks and occasionally 12 mg/ml on drippers.
I don't foresee ever lowering my ADV nic dose to less than 18 mg/ml
...my heart might stop beating if I did.. ;)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea kind of a bummer. Sad to see an American co go out of business but like others don't think the FDA was the sole reason. Just saw it come up on my fb newsfeed from Phil Busardo's post about it.

I never used one, never had the inclination to buy one. Too damned expensive for my budget and I think they got passed up by less expensive and equally capable options. To my knowledge their 'largest' mod was a single 18650 radius at 60w. For some reason in a world filled with foreign made products it seems to be all the rage to tag a high price on 'made in America'. Just like other catch phrases like 'all natural' or 'authentic' automatically justifies a high price.

As a basic consumer I feel like everything with a catchy label on it is basically like girl scout cookies. You know it's only a $1 box of the same cookies you can buy from any gas station but the other $7/box is going to some charity. You can only justify that kind of pricing so long or for so many things before you find yourself broke. Sure some has to do with taxes or higher labor costs but I don't feel that's all there is to it. Current marketing has for quite some time now overpriced their goods based on labels of 'organic', 'bamboo', 'made in the USA' or something that gives it magic added value.

"My Pillow" is another perfect example. Great, it's made in America so that's cool and I appreciate that. Their deal was buy one pillow for $100 (+ s/h of course) and you get one 'free'. Ok, now you've got a pair of $50 pillows plus s/h. That's getting pretty pricey for a foam pillow, we're not talking genuine goose down. Now they've adjusted their campaign to 30% off a pillow and $10 off each additional pillow. So long story short their product just got more expensive. Reviews indicate not everyone is as thrilled as their adverts suggest so basically it's 'a pillow' at a hefty premium.

This method of doing business, having a limited product at high market prices really ends up painting them into a corner. Seems it has with provape as well unfortunately.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

You left out the kiss-off.:

"Additional Information:
E-Liquid & The last of the ProVari stock
The vendor that has been making your favorite e-liquid for years will continue offering Provari Fuel. They will also have available the remaining ProVari's and accessories, while supplies last. "

Boy, I hope no one was waiting on ordering parts because there's hardly anything there to be had. For all that kissy-kissy exit posted on the web site it's rather disingenuous that ProVape never notified the customers on their mailing list that this was coming.

Last edited:

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow.. I almost missed the boat on buying a P3 for my wife. Been putting it off for ages but her Istick100 threads began to get loose and the black P3 being 99 bucks I ordered her one and got it just over a week ago. I then was going to order a 2nd black and they were gone and a week later...closed. I will have 2 minutes of silence, wear a black armband and shed a tear since I've had a great relationship with my provari for the last almost 4 years. Too bad but it was a good run for them so they got out while they could after they made their gazillion dollars, from my understanding 500,000+ units at 200 bucks a pop = gazillion

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks, yea it did get under control though it took 6 months. Turned out to be a persistent infection,
sort of a walking pneumonia type of thing. I was starting to develop some unrelated COPD issues
so it all worked out.

Well, glad they got that one figured out, and it was serious enough to get you off cigarettes.

As to nic, nothing wrong with nic at all.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is sad not because it's Provape specifically but because it's a symptom of the big picture here, that the market is unstable and falling apart thanks to you know who.

I bet all the provari users with their life time warranties are going d'oh! right now.

Last edited:

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is sad not because it's Provape specifically but because it's a symptom of the big picture here, that the market is unstable and falling apart thanks to you know who.

I bet all the provari users with their life time warranties are going d'oh! right now.
Give it time...Our new president might just dismantle the whole anti-vaping ideology.I heard rumors he will kill the stupid (PACT ACT).That was shoved down the throat of america.

(http://tax.vermont.gov/business-and-corp/miscellaneous-taxes/pact-act)

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I wonder if Trump really has the autonomy to carry out his plans, speaking very generally.

As one of his supporters, I am massively outnumbered by friends and family who won't listen, won't hear, and also happen not to be vapers.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so it all worked out.
you are stlil at 18mg man holy nicotine rehab your watts are still low correct?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Seems a bit suspect that between the devices and the ejuice, the devices are what got the axe. If in fact it's the FDA as noted. Something sounds fishy. Far as I know more of the regulatory fees and expenses are on the various juices, nic levels each requiring an expensive approval, each flavor etc.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seems a bit suspect that between the devices and the ejuice, the devices are what got the axe. If in fact it's the FDA as noted. Something sounds fishy. Far as I know more of the regulatory fees and expenses are on the various juices, nic levels each requiring an expensive approval, each flavor etc.
it applies to hardware as well

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
it applies to hardware as well

Right but they had what, 3 mods? Compared to how many flavors and variations of juice? Other folks are getting mods approved. It would have made more sense to keep the mods and drop the juice in light of regulations. That's what makes me look at it a little funny, as if the FDA is only part of the blame. I think their real issue was trying to justify the cost of their mods vs the competition.

VU Sponsors