Become a Patron!

Proud dad moment!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I certainly can't claim to have been a model child, lol.

I do think it could have helped keep me out of some of the trouble I ended up getting into but who knows. My mother did eventually get me into the Big Brother program and I can honestly say, that was the biggest thing that helped me turn thngs around.

It must be cool to have a Big Brother who really just wants to help.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you everyone. Many of your comments were very touching and it means a whole lot.

Yes we are both very proud parents. It was a lot of work and a long road. He's over all a very good kid. Some typical teen behaviors, but not many. He shows no interest in smoking, drinking (not even sodas. he hates any carbonation), vaping, and thankfully drugs. All of his closest friends are also Eagles or working on their Eagle. There's a lot of people raising him. Us, his younger sister (although both would deny it), teachers, grand parents, family friends, and scout leaders. He's a complete nerd/geek. His classes are all advanced and he's doing dual (HS and College) in English and math. Just today he received his first college acceptance letter of the 3 he's applied.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
He didn't become a great person on his own, you and your wife deserve a high-five....as sad as it is, not many parents this day and age can claim their children are doing really well.
All we can do is our best to give them the tools to succeed. That's what we sign up for when we made the choice to have kids. Currently our 13 year old daughter is our challenge.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
All we can do is our best to give them the tools to succeed. That's what we sign up for when we made the choice to have kids. Currently our 13 year old daughter is our challenge.

From my understanding girls are tougher to raise. :teehee: I was a teenager and raised all sorts of hell.

Congratulations, to your son, to both you, and your wife. He is definitely on the right path to achieve his goals in life.

Anibird

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Congratulations @DonBaldy and to your son! That's a huge accomplishment! You must be so proud. You deserve to be. You've raised a son who's accomplished more than a whole lot of people. Definitely something to crow about!
Sounds like your son is on the right path. He's making great choices and proving he's not just another lemming following peers into destruction. Most parents would be proud to have a son like yours.
Don't worry about your daughter too much. She'll come around.

Last edited:

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tonight I'm officially the proud parent of an Eagle Scout. My son passed his Board of Review! This has been a very long 10 year scouting journey. This is one of the proudest moments of my life.

Disclaimer: I know many have opposition to the changes in scouting over the last few years. I respect you right to your opinion, but please don't ruin this moment. Start your own thread and we can hash it out there.
I'm a bit late but a huge congrats to your son and you! I only made it to Star, myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Sorry Don I missed this fantastic news...big congratulations to your son, and to you and your wife

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Better late than never :vino:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years