Project Sub Ohm strikes again! Mini Freakshow now available

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only have one question...why was it not like this originally. This looks much better than the full size one. To me anyway 8)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only have one question...why was it not like this originally. This looks much better than the full size one. To me anyway 8)

Right! I was thinking the same thing.. the build deck reminds me of the magma too.. this was going to be my next RDA but now that this version came out - I think its a better buy .. hoping some other people who have the regular freakshow can tell me if the hype I keep hearing about it stacks up!

Reactions: Jah

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is that a clone or authentic?

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
authentic, just a special edition

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
is that a clone or authentic?

yup - authentic .. really good price too - it will ship same day most likely .. I got my previous order in 2 days

I gotta say this FS will look pretty sweet on my new Suitcase from them too.. god I wish I didn't just spend another 100$ on other gear today otherwise I'd scoop this up right now

Last edited:

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im tempted....

that el cabron has been tempting me too

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
that project sub-ohm logo, what chemical is that?

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
im tempted....

that el cabron has been tempting me too

Yea that might be the best dripper to come out so far.. Hearing really good things about it - I'm not entirely sold on the 'el cabron' text on it.. but i do like the goat pic lol

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that looks badass! I've been loving my magma but I want something with a bit more open airflow that can still be set up in single coil mode...... Might have to be getting a freakshow mini soon

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, that looks badass! I've been loving my magma but I want something with a bit more open airflow that can still be set up in single coil mode...... Might have to be getting a freakshow mini soon

If you scoop one up before I do make sure you post your opinion.. all of their devices/attys have been pretty awesome so I can't imagine this one won't be

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
nice!

cant wait to hear your thoughts

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
How is the Freakshow as far as leaking? Almost got one but went with a Magma and mine leaks just sitting there. Not bad but every time I pick it up I have to wipe the AFC ring off, even when its nowhere near full..

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol
--------------------------
Will know in a few minutes.

Man, I've been spoiled by split post's. All of my aty's that are currently in rotation have a split center post. It's not a hard build but more wire tweaking and fidgeting with one hole dead center.
Takes a 1.5mm hex wrench, not the micro 0.9mm that a lot of them use. Nice & sturdy.

2015-02-20 14.05.45.jpg
(looks off in the pic but the coils are centered over the holes)
Now to wick & vape.

Last edited:

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far it is dry on the outside. Really good flavor, vape production is what you would expect from an aty with a standard DT.

Nice clean design that is just the height I like, no spitting out the side from the air flow holes like a traditional aty does. So far I am not getting seepage down the air flow hole like the magma does.
The delrin insert in the top cap does a good job at insulating the DT from heat.

This is a very well made piece at a great price, glad I picked it up.

2015-02-20 16.05.49.jpg

Monotremata

Member For 4 Years
Yeah the Magmas been sitting in a holder upright since last night and once again I had to wipe it down when I looked at it earlier!

Can the Freakshow do single coils like the Magma?

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah you got me drooling over here. Also @Monotremata ive found my magma works best and leaks least (if at all) when I build my coils high up kinda level with the screw posts and I trim my wicks (I use rayon so it may be different for you) to thin tails that just barely touch the bottom of the well and I make sure not to let them touch the edge of the area where the air hole is. I've been playing around with the magma a lot recently and rebuilding it pretty regularly - 2.5mm bit and 26-28g for 1.0-1.4 ohms running hot at like 30 watts usually seems to be my sweet spot for kickin flavor. Can't wait to try it on the mini freak show!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ground the deck down on my Magma to effectively raise the air holes so the juice drained to the well instead of down the hole. I may do the same to this aty just for good measure.

downloadfile.jpeg

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol
--------------------------
Will know in a few minutes.

Man, I've been spoiled by split post's. All of my aty's that are currently in rotation have a split center post. It's not a hard build but more wire tweaking and fidgeting with one hole dead center.
Takes a 1.5mm hex wrench, not the micro 0.9mm that a lot of them use. Nice & sturdy.

View attachment 15029
(looks off in the pic but the coils are centered over the holes)
Now to wick & vape.
Any vids

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm sure there are a few on the regular freakshow... pretty much the same thing. I haven't taken a vid, you wouldn't want to see my editing skills lol.

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just ordered 1 for myself , i wonder if it will out do the hobo

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The regular authentic freakshow is my go-to RDA right now, and the hype is real. great flavor, massive airflow, can chuck clouds if that's what you're after. built well, machined well, and not too hard to build on. Like others, I too believe that it should have been a split center post, however, not much of a deal breaker for me personally and still easy to build on. After seeing this mini, I will most definitely be picking that up.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The regular authentic freakshow is my go-to RDA right now, and the hype is real. great flavor, massive airflow, can chuck clouds if that's what you're after. built well, machined well, and not too hard to build on. Like others, I too believe that it should have been a split center post, however, not much of a deal breaker for me personally and still easy to build on. After seeing this mini, I will most definitely be picking that up.

Glad to hear you had positive results - I will be waiting another week or so (hopefully some are still in stock) but this will be my next RDA..

I don't typically drip that much, but I feel like its time to get a new one.. and this mini is perfect sized RDA to scoop up

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered one yesterday and have the 'regular' FS, how does the mini compare in flavor and vapor?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think anyone in here has both to compare but with a smaller chamber and the same base you should have more condensed vapor for more flavor and a little less cloud.

On a side note, they had the dotmod wide bore friction DT there that I will be ordering from another store, they didn't have the all black one in stock (employee bought the last one just before I got there). It's not cheap but it's a brilliant DT that will open up the flow a little better on the freakshow.
http://www.vapordna.com/Petri-Wide-Bore-Drip-Tips-by-dotmod-p/dmi001.htm

VU0001-3.jpg

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Looks like the mini will be in my hands today, they are quick as all get out. Ive never ordered from them before.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Looks like the mini will be in my hands today, they are quick as all get out. Ive never ordered from them before.

they are my goto for a lot of things.. its a good one-stop shop plus they usually include a little bottle of juice as well.. along with fast shipping

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like the mini freakshow is made by the same people in china that made these clone derringers. They use the exact same tin box I've seen nowhere else.

Derringer4.jpg

Hoekakes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no leaking issues but not alot of overhead room to work with either 2015-02-26 13-47-18.985.jpg

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, the coil really needs to be slammed down close to the air hole or it will be touching the top cap. Not a big deal, just something you need to remember when building.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
There's a little more room to work than I was expecting. its going t ear a spot on the 'used frequently ' shelf thaws for sure. More juice capacity than the big one, zero leaking so far and great clouds n flavor

Attachments

• fsmini.jpg
    fsmini.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 18
  • fsmini2.jpg
    fsmini2.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 15

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Really? The OG has less juice capacity? I would have thought that they would have used the same base and just changed the top.
I am used to the clt for my rda use and that holds a ton of juice compared to the FS.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ehhhh.. I never really cared for the first clit, the second I used untip it couldn't take anymore though.

They didn't use the Same base, this top won't fit on the old, with the heat dissipation section beng so big . But it looks like they gave the wells a taller wall and spread it out a little more.
Unless that's an optical allusion. But I'm guessing that's why this one doesn't leak like an 80yr old missing a prostate. I say that out of love, the OG was getting daily use.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Didn't think they would redesign the base, kudos to them for improving it and not just throwing a new top on it to sell more.

Didn't have the clit V1, only V2. One of the screws gave up and I had to replace it but other than that it is still going strong and was my favorite RDA. Still is my favorite cloud machine, but the mini FS takes the cloud/flavor win.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The v2 was my cloud machine also. the FS and an osmodella was an ADV for me..
I just got a make war last weak.
That thing is a STELLAR replacement as my cloud generator.

VU Sponsors