DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mine showed up today! It came in a foil pack with two spare coils, a sheet of Japanese cotton, and a tiny screwdriver. Very nice!

image.jpg
image.jpg

I took it apart to see how it was made. It had a ton of cotton wadded in there, I was unable to pull through it well, so I pulled it out.
image.jpg

Overall build quality is fantastic!
image.jpg

I wicked it and put it back together. Soaked the wick well, and let it soak in the tank for 20 minutes. I took a small pull first, it was nice vape. Smooth and flavorful as I have come to expect in my Atlantis v2.

Over the next 5 pulls I increased from 1 second to 5 second lung inhales. It continued to vape well. Then I decided to chain vape 8-10 second pulls like I do from this tank while driving. 4 pulls in and I got a dry hit that I will taste into next week. So now I need to figure out how to wick this to allow long, deep, chain vaping, pulls.

Over all I am pleased with my purchase. I just need to learn the best wicking for it.

@Kemosabe

MoFasterMo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bought 3 of these that showed up Friday, but haven't tried them yet.
I'm hoping to do ni200 build with ReadyxWick.

Keep us informed of your progress, I'm hoping to use these in an Atlantis and Tobeco Super Tank

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine showed up today! It came in a foil pack with two spare coils, a sheet of Japanese cotton, and a tiny screwdriver. Very nice!

View attachment 23438
View attachment 23439

I took it apart to see how it was made. It had a ton of cotton wadded in there, I was unable to pull through it well, so I pulled it out.
View attachment 23440

Overall build quality is fantastic!
View attachment 23441

I wicked it and put it back together. Soaked the wick well, and let it soak in the tank for 20 minutes. I took a small pull first, it was nice vape. Smooth and flavorful as I have come to expect in my Atlantis v2.

Over the next 5 pulls I increased from 1 second to 5 second lung inhales. It continued to vape well. Then I decided to chain vape 8-10 second pulls like I do from this tank while driving. 4 pulls in and I got a dry hit that I will taste into next week. So now I need to figure out how to wick this to allow long, deep, chain vaping, pulls.

Over all I am pleased with my purchase. I just need to learn the best wicking for it.

@Kemosabe

thank you DickyT! i appreciate the photos and review very much. i can see that the insulator does indeed appear to be PEEK. excellent.

i too wonder the best way to wick these. its gotta be just the right amount of wick and placement too is crucial. too much wick, dry hit. too little, flooding. couldnt be too too hard to master, but the scerwing/unscrerwing to get it just right might be tedious while learning.

have you noticed if the top part and bottom part of the rba stay together when removing the base from the tank? i know that was a concern with the segatank rba head that many used for the atlantis (then subsequently ditched).

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thank you DickyT! i appreciate the photos and review very much. i can see that the insulator does indeed appear to be PEEK. excellent.

i too wonder the best way to wick these. its gotta be just the right amount of wick and placement too is crucial. too much wick, dry hit. too little, flooding. couldnt be too too hard to master, but the scerwing/unscrerwing to get it just right might be tedious while learning.

have you noticed if the top part and bottom part of the rba stay together when removing the base from the tank? i know that was a concern with the segatank rba head that many used for the atlantis (then subsequently ditched).

The top and bottom stay together nicely. I crank them together pretty tight though, and always screw the deck into the atty base first. I give up that extra .25 ml that you can get into the tank by screwing into the chimney first, but it is worth it.

I have found the "V method" to wick works well, but have had to adjust the massively long hits I take. Chain vaping 8-10 second hits just does not seem to work on this. But that's OK. I have found a happy medium. If I give it a few seconds between pulls, and limit them to no longer than 5 seconds it works great. I suppose I should not expect RDA like performance out of a tank... lol I'm willing to deal with this because the flavor is greatly superior to the stock coils.

The wicking I have been doing that works best for me is to pull the wick through the coil and up into a V. Slide the top down over it, cut the wick about 1/8" above the top of the rim then carefully slide it down inside making sure to have good coverage of the side holes. Then juice it up good, fire it a couple times like you would with a new build on an RDA, rejuice the wick, fill the tank, prime it, let it rest a couple minutes, and vape on!

I have been using rayon in it as well, it seems to wick faster than Japanese cotton.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thank you once again. im totally getting one of these. the atlantis v2 I have was a gift and I don't use replaceable coils anymore. but it felt like such a shame to let a good tank go unused. so glad to hear that this rba head is a solid option. i dont take longer than approx. 5 sec draws anyway so i think ill be good.

I know the v-wick method well, although I learned it as the Navy Nest, popularized by NavyLifeguard. seems like the same thing mostly. and I do have some rayon (cellucotton) that has gone largely unused. I needed an excuse to use it (er, remind me to use it as I forgot I had it!). I meant to use it again after my original foray but totally forgot about it lol. ok im rambling thanks again for the tips mate.

DickyT

╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thank you once again. im totally getting one of these. the atlantis v2 I have was a gift and I don't use replaceable coils anymore. but it felt like such a shame to let a good tank go unused. so glad to hear that this rba head is a solid option. i dont take longer than approx. 5 sec draws anyway so i think ill be good.

I know the v-wick method well, although I learned it as the Navy Nest, popularized by NavyLifeguard. seems like the same thing mostly. and I do have some rayon (cellucotton) that has gone largely unused. I needed an excuse to use it (er, remind me to use it as I forgot I had it!). I meant to use it again after my original foray but totally forgot about it lol. ok im rambling thanks again for the tips mate.

Yeah, cellucotton. I like that name better. Rayon reminds me of clothing.

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine has been amazing!!! Wicking is a charm and it hasn't leaked yet. Be very careful with the bottom tank seal when cleaning, it is very small and will rubber band into the nowhere if not careful....My recent nickel build I did was really tasty and it vaped like an extreme champ:) Lovin it!!!

The pre-built coils were a bit too restrictive for my tastes but it was very tasty:)

I'm having a horrible time wicking this thing. I'm completely new to rba decks. What is the v method? can somebody direct me to a video that might help with this style rba please?

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
heres one method you might want to try. its a kayfun build video, but its the same basic principle.
[video]

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have one use it on my melo love it, Been using it for a month now never a dry hit one. I did learn that when you remove it to pull the wick up out of the way to keep it from snagging when you screw them down or when you screw it out. On new cotton I install the cotton so it protrudes little over quarter inch above the top screw down tight then poke the wick down inside it just to cover the holes completely. Make sure the wicking it not too thick this may cause a dry burn.

VU Sponsors