Become a Patron!

Problem with my coil

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorry if this is the wrong area. Just move it. I was taking cotton out of my fuhattan, and I'm assuming I ripped the coil out. uploadfromtaptalk1429687930052.jpg If anyone can help that'd be great. No idea what to do. I may bring it to a vape shop.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
You busted your coil. Just need to make a new one.

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't rewrap it? I have no idea how to build. My vape shop builds them and puts in cotton for $10
No you can't. Might be a perfect time to start learning to build your own. It's actually quite nice to do. My girl friend and I usually have a building or re wicking night once or twice a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleMike

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the first few are the hardest, but honestly building coils and wicking isn't that bad at all. I look forward to it now and sometimes take out a perfectly good coil & wick just to build a new one lol.

PitVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's lots of coil rebuilding tutorials on youtube, it's really not that difficult and if your paying $10 a pop right now, learning will save you tons of cash.;)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't rewrap it? I have no idea how to build. My vape shop builds them and puts in cotton for $10
That looks like a pretty sloppy build in the first place for having charged you $10 for literally 2-3 minutes' work...

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
10$ to build a coil? What a ripoff. Learn to build your own coil and save your money.

There are no stupid batteries, just stupid people.

scarecrowjenkins

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah that thing is shot hahaha. $10 is what most of the shops near me charge for a build. You might wanna have em do that for you, and order some kanthal in the meantime. They probably stuffed too much cotton in there if it tore the coil apart like that. You can get 100ft of 24g kanthal off of Temco.com for $10 which should last long enough for you to be a coil f'n MASTER haha. They're a great company to deal with, never a problem. You will ALWAYS pay too much for wire at a shop. It always helps to have a spare atomizer to learn on, that way you don't die of frustration/nicotine withdrawal during the learning process :D
PS-there's a fella here in the classifieds section selling a bunch of clone attys for $10 each if you're looking for the aforementioned spare deck. Cheers!

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could just finish ripping that coil out and then just use the one coil on the other side. It will still work. Cut it or break it off carefully.

kingworm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ill do it for 9 bucks what a steal!

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This where I totally dig the subtank concept. A few spare heads and a build deck to learn on for 40bucks
Sorry man,but rip and busardo both have some coiling tutorials, among several others on the tubeyou. If for no other reason I would suggest learning so that you're not depending on the shop. 10$ buys a years worth of wick and wire.
The first couple can make you create a new language fairly quickly in you'll be doing it with your eyes closed.
Just get a spool of kanthal
An ohm meter is vital
Tweezers, scissors and some wick

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Please learn how to make them yourself. They are ripping you off. It's very simple, you don't need to build exotic coils. For $6 you can buy enough wire to last you over a year and that's if you recoil few days.

You can buy a coil master on Amazon for $15 that makes rebuilding so simple a child could do it. You thread the wire on one side and then turn the other end. Makes perfect coils every time in less than 60 seconds.

For $8 you buy a pack of Japanese cotton to last you several years.

So for $25 you can make hundreds of coils. Here's the links to what you need. Rip trippers and pbusardo have videos on how to use the kuro koiler which is the same thing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That looks like about the easiest deck to work with too. Don't be scared.

You've done made the move on the pro vape gear, so it's time, if you're hands are capable and all. Reading glasses may be needed. You don't have an ohm checker though do ya?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
A pair of jewelry glasses helps to, you can get them for about $12 on Amazon. But then again. I'm 45 and my eyes are going

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Start building and for every build you do put 10 bucks in a jar and after 20 builds you can buy a sx mini m class than go thank the builder at the shop you go to.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A pair of jewelry glasses helps to, you can get them for about $12 on Amazon. But then again. I'm 45 and my eyes are going

I got a nice set of those with little lights on the sides. Fits nice and works great if it's two inches or closer to my nose. I tried all the lenses and that's the best I can get.

Any help with that?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
First of all, thanks everyone for the help. I went to a different vape shop and they did it for $5 the bad thing is, the shop is downtown so parking is a nightmare. I got a new one built. I may look into making my own. Mroutlaw thanks for the links. I'll be sure to check them out

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
First of all, thanks everyone for the help. I went to a different vape shop and they did it for $5 the bad thing is, the shop is downtown so parking is a nightmare. I got a new one built. I may look into making my own. Mroutlaw thanks for the links. I'll be sure to check them out

Do you know the wire size and resistance your using? I'll make you a few coils and send them to you so that you don't have to pay those ridiculous prices until you learn

VU Sponsors