Become a Patron!

problem with cuboid mini need help

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have had the cuboid mini kit for one week. Everything has been working great. I have been vapeing at 16w and 320 degrees Fahrenheit. On the .5 ss coil heads. Today all of a sudden I go to vape and no vapor... So I check the connections and change coils same thing no vapor. I turn temp to about 450 degrees and it hits but not like it uses to at that temp and when I turn it back down to my desired temp I still have the same problem. Also it keeps saying new coil or same on the screen every now and then. Please help its really bothering me and I don't want to go back to the ciggerets.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
howdy - and welcome!

couple quick questions - is the mod reading coil correctly? (showing ohms)

sounds like connection may be intermittent - did you check the 510 connection where the tank screws into the mod and try cleaning that also?

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
howdy - and welcome!

couple quick questions - is the mod reading coil correctly? (showing ohms)

sounds like connection may be intermittent - did you check the 510 connection where the tank screws into the mod and try cleaning that also?
Thanks for your reply. Yes it is reading ohms but they changed for the same coil from .64 to .59 and as far as cleaning it I have wiped it off and checked it multiple times anything in particular in the connection I should be looking for? This is driving me nuts because I just got this vape.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
hrm - that is not a huge deviation in ohm reading (and the resistance of a SS coil changes when it is hot, hence it being able to be used in TC)

with the connection, i would typically suggest using a qtip with some alcohol on it to swab the 510 pin on the tank (let it air dry) and the inside threads/ pin of the 510 connection on the mod (make sure mod is turned off)... though, based on the design of that tank, it is pretty unlikely you had any juice leakage on the mod...

have you tried running that coil in wattage mode (ss coils can be run in wattage/ power mode as well as TC (unlike Ni or Ti coils which can only be run in TC))?

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hrm - that is not a huge deviation in ohm reading (and the resistance of a SS coil changes when it is hot, hence it being able to be used in TC)

with the connection, i would typically suggest using a qtip with some alcohol on it to swab the 510 pin on the tank (let it air dry) and the inside threads/ pin of the 510 connection on the mod (make sure mod is turned off)... though, based on the design of that tank, it is pretty unlikely you had any juice leakage on the mod...

have you tried running that coil in wattage mode (ss coils can be run in wattage/ power mode as well as TC (unlike Ni or Ti coils which can only be run in TC))?
It vapes in power mode yes. But still when I switch it back to tc no vapor enless I crank it up to 450 witch i never do. I always cape between 310 and 320 ill try to clean all the threads with alcohol. But yea ur right as far as a leak onto the actual battery or mod ur correct it has never happened. Is there anything else I can do is my device just defective or Is this a common occurrence? I'm new to all this and am really grateful for the help.

doc_iguana

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
i am kind of surprised you were able to get a decent vape under 400 degrees - keep in mind, i tend to vape in wattage or power modes, even with my SS coils (i just prefer a warmer vape) but when i do use TC, it tends to be at 450+

not sure what else to try there - when you are in TC mode, double check to make sure it is TC - SS, not TC - Ni or TC - Ti

vapebeast92

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i am kind of surprised you were able to get a decent vape under 400 degrees - keep in mind, i tend to vape in wattage or power modes, even with my SS coils (i just prefer a warmer vape) but when i do use TC, it tends to be at 450+

not sure what else to try there - when you are in TC mode, double check to make sure it is TC - SS, not TC - Ni or TC - Ti
Ok thank you. Ya I was getting a great cape at those temps. I just don't understand what went wrong. Do you think something went wrong in my mod? Like a manufacturer error? Has this ever happened to you? Thanks for all ur help.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors