Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I signed on today and find this in my private messages.
Was from a new member with under 15 posts
I will post the contents of the message without revealing the member's yet.
I want to see what you all think about this and given my recent PIF request this seems a bit weird.
If this person has a need, shouldn't they be posting their own PIF request instead of spamming my inbox?

Hopefully no one else is getting this same type of message in their inbox.

Hey man, if you have any spare juice that you don't like or don't prefer, you can send it to me. Otherwise I'm out of juice until March. :/ Really don't wanna have to smoke cigs again. I hate all the chemicals. But 18 year old here, from Minnesota, looking forward to making your acquaintance. :) it's cool if you don't have any spare juice, I just switched to sub-ohming and should've known how much juice it devours. Sucks

Let's discuss this message...

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I stopped when you asked me to. Don't say I broke another rule, I'm getting angered here. I never once asked for a handout. If that's all they see, whatever. Never used a question mark. Also was looking for friends as you can see.

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, that's subjective. :) That guy who first reported it looks like the pervert guy from Lovely Bones. Lmao sorry, I had to say it. Is that breaking a rule? I meant it as a compliment, what a handsome man he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, that's subjective. :) That Tom guy who first reported it looks like the pervert guy from Lovely Bones. Lmao sorry, I had to say it. Is that breaking a rule? I meant it as a compliment, what a handsome man he is.
Told ya once it wasn't him that reported it. Several have. And yeah, that earned ya points.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Funny how the EXACT QUOTE that was on your profile , was the message you sent to them, is now gone. :rolleyes:

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have no way to know if you are even 18 years old. Sorry I won't, rather I can't contribute to minors.
Check out the Pay It Forward section of the forum and try your luck there.
While you are at it, check out the forum rules and browse the rest of the forum to get an idea of how things are done around here.

Here is something that really throws up a red flag for me...
You don't want to have to smoke cigarettes again. So you need juice.
How about you take the money you would spend for cigarettes, save up and get you a bottle of juice.
Just saying!

Two Peas In A Pod has some pretty decent inexpensive juices.
I am sure you can find some juices that will hold you over for about the cost of one or two packs of cigarettes. :)

Last edited:

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Totally agree. The "will smoke cigarettes" always kills me because if you already have hardware and all you are missing is juice there is plenty of cheaper juices out there and are much less then a pack of smokes. I find it even weirder when someone messages you that you have never talked to before talking about "you can send me" "will smoke cigarettes" I dont think anybody on this forum would ever consider that a Hi nice to meet you. I know I for one do not.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I used to spend $50+ a week for cigarettes. That's a LOT of juice and would last me a lot longer.

Dude, you've been given several links, informed of the contests and even unlisted vendors section where they give juice. Stop harassing members and there won't be a problem.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well Helllllllllllllllloooo there:)
tumblr_nl9sy2sjin1u0xnuio1_1280_zps4khkn24u.jpg

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't have any money on a card right now. That's the problem. I haven't bought a pack of cigs in nearly half a year. I'm talking about my mom smoking and I can always get cigs from her. Lmao. Who lies about their age? Or a better question, who thinks someone would be lying about their age? I live with my parents since I lost my job. I worked at a great paying factory, but now I live 20 miles from the nearest town.

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, free juice but not free shipping. I helped people out all the time when I had cash. Not the main reason I'm without it, but definitely a large contributor.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
What an ingenious idea. Join a forum and solicit the membership for free stuff. Maybe I'll go join a car forum and solicit the membership for their unused gasoline, claiming I bought too big a gas-guzzler and now I can't afford to drive it any more.

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What an ingenious idea. Join a forum and solicit the membership for free stuff. Maybe I'll go join a car forum and solicit the membership for their unused gasoline, claiming I bought too big a gas-guzzler and now I can't afford to drive it any more.
Two completely different things. If I bought a huge truck EVER, I would make sure I had gasoline for it. As for the "get a job" thing, I have no where to live, to actually get a job. As I said before, I live 20 miles from the nearest town.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Two completely different things. If I bought a huge truck EVER, I would make sure I had gasoline for it. As for the "get a job" thing, I have no where to live, to actually get a job. As I said before, I live 20 miles from the nearest town.
Then move. Shit ain't hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I don't think you'll find much blind compassion here.

Especially when you don't get yourself out of your own situation. Begging people to ease the misery that is your own job to do, doesn't go far here.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All I can say is the way you went about it was all wrong, If your honest and try starting off on the right foot again, check out the PIF section here and maybe just maybe someone will help you, continue like you did earlier and your gonna get called on it, other than that, I got nothing.........

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think you'll find much blind compassion here.

Especially when you don't get yourself out of your own situation. Begging people to ease the misery that is your own job to do, doesn't go far here.
I'm not going to say it again. If you don't pick it up after this, I'm going to tell you to thoroughly read this thread again. I never asked for anything.

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
All I can say is the way you went about it was all wrong, If your honest and try starting off on the right foot again, check out the PIF section here and maybe just maybe someone will help you, continue like you did earlier and your gonna get called on it, other than that, I got nothing.........
Yeah, it won't be of much use now, I'm sure. But it doesn't matter anymore. So if I were to get a message of some spam, I would be alright in making a post asking people If I should reveal the username of the person who sent it?

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does this brand me as anything? I mean, I'm not 100% on what kind of PM's are allowed. No one should be allowed to tell someone how to make friends. Not that I'm still talking about whatever subject you might be thinking of.

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's fine. Let's just end this post. Point taken. Unless someone else wants to say something.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You mentioned you were trying to make friends, then said we're an unfriendly forum. I'm suggesting your approach could've used a little work. Participate in some threads where others are chilling out, too. Relax, stop taking yourself so seriously and just have some fun.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not going to say it again. If you don't pick it up after this, I'm going to tell you to thoroughly read this thread again. I never asked for anything.

You are right, you did not ASK on this particular thread but nonetheless, YOU DID by spamming people's inbox.
If you were wanting a friend, how come you didn't just send me a friendly private message saying so instead of the following...

Hey man, if you have any spare juice that you don't like or don't prefer, you can send it to me. Otherwise I'm out of juice until March. :/ Really don't wanna have to smoke cigs again. I hate all the chemicals. But 18 year old here, from Minnesota, looking forward to making your acquaintance. :) it's cool if you don't have any spare juice, I just switched to sub-ohming and should've known how much juice it devours. Sucks

I won't and don't have a problem with you or even being your friend.
But as mentioned already, try a different approach.
No you won't be branded. Just move on from this, I am.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What about me ? :(

:p
I'm sorry about what happened to you.
I hope like yourself that it gets figured out.
Something of this magnitude to get restored can prove to be difficult.
Hopefully the webmaster has the sql tables and database backed up from the time you got banned because from there it can be restored.
It will take work but it can be done.

Jim_MDP

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I know, and thanks.

First thing is to give Tyger a day or two to recover from that monster Live show they had. :p

Then they can dig into the problem. :)

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
r6lcB1e.png

Dude.
MjnXXC6.gif

A juice beg doesn't get more obvious.
The "I'm just trying to make friends!" backpeddle is embarrassing.
Just stop.
Come on, I'm ready to move past it, you should be too. If I were to enlighten you on the situation, your mind might change. I'm done with this. Let it alone.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Come on, I'm ready to move past it, you should be too.
I suspect the problem people are having with this is you seem either unwilling or unable to understand or admit that what you did was unacceptable and why. You appear to feel your behaviour perfectly acceptable and that it's everybody else who is out-of-line.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
We have been in Pm, Jim....I agreed to give him a shot at trying to start off anew here @VU, Hopefully he got the point:)
I even went out on a limb and am sending some juice to tide him over until he gets a few bucks to buy his own. Yea , I know....don't even say it.

John Q Public

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I suspect the problem people are having with this is you seem either unwilling or unable to understand or admit that what you did was unacceptable and why. You appear to feel your behaviour perfectly acceptable and that it's everybody else who is out-of-line.

The problems I had, and the reason I felt the need to jump in were:
1. That weak sauce explanation that he was just trying to make friends. geezus.
2. When called out, he went on the attack. Told Huck to shut up because he was getting "angry". Called some guy he thought reported him a "pervert". Really? You're spam begging members and then copping an attitude? Uh....no.

But John Q is merciful and fair, so I'll give him another shot. I won't reward him for bad conduct like Whiskey, but I'll give him another shot.

IceBankMiceElf

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
2. When called out, he went on the attack. Told Huck to shut up because he was getting "angry". Called some guy he thought reported him a "pervert". Really? You're spam begging members and then copping an attitude? Uh....no.

But John Q is merciful and fair, so I'll give him another shot. I won't reward him for bad conduct like Whiskey, but I'll give him another shot.

Agreeable reasons. I never said he looked like a pervert though... I said he looks like someone who portayed a pervert, in the movie Lovely Bones. I also called him handsome, did you catch that?

Lost

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I never said he looked like a pervert though... I said he looks like someone who portayed a pervert, in the movie Lovely Bones. I also called him handsome, did you catch that?

I would humbly like to give you some suggestions if you want to be around here outside the Mud Pit.

1. Avoid backpedaling, especially after saying something sarcastic and shitty to someone. Logical fallacies tend to incite logical people.
2. If you tell people to move on, they stay.
3. If you tell people you've moved on, and you keep posting, you haven't moved on.
4. Do not feed the trolls. Do not respond to trolls. Do not acknowledge trolls.
5. If you eff up badly, avoid bringing up the topic, anywhere, for at least a week. For this situation, I'd avoid bringing up your financial situation, PIF and any juice acquisitions for at least two weeks.

Change of topic... I'm wondering how much money the new Star Wars would have made if all the Storm Troopers looked like the ones in Whiskey's avatar.

VU Sponsors