Princess Cake by Botboy141

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Inspired by my grandmother's baking for our birthdays, I bring you the Princess Cake. For those not familiar with Princess Cake, it's a Swedish dessert, basically a layered sponge cake. My grandmother used to make it with raspberry jam and pastry cream of some form in between the layers, topped with whipped cream and coated with marzipan.

1920px-PrincessCake.jpg

Princess Cake
4% TFA Vanilla Cupcake
5% TFA Whipped Cream (I don't have FA but it would likely work better here at 3%).
3% CAP Vanilla Custard V2
1.5% FA Marzipan
1.25% FA Raspberry

Mixed this one 40/60 PG/VG with a friend in mind, likely fine other ways as well.

Have a fruitier variation of this that I actually prefer but doesn't hold true to the taste of Princess Cake. I prefer the second version but that's like just because I don't really enjoy dessert vapes too much.

4% TFA Vanilla Cupcake
2% TFA Whipped Cream
2% FA Raspberry
1.75% CAP Vanilla Custard
1.5% FA Marzipan

I haven't eaten Princess Cake in close to 10 years, but this vape is damn tasty and close enough in similarity for my recollection.

Last edited:

LuLu78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
cake, vanilla custard, raspberry, cream ... @Cramptholomew calls his version Poke Cake.

Really??

I am not nearly the flavor connoisseur that you are and can tell these won't taste the same.

Do the hurt feeling really run that deep? I have seen way more similar recipes thrown around within your inner circle and nobody called out for it, the response is always "omg, that sounds so great, can't wait to try it!!" (Never mind it's one flavor difference from the one I posted last week!)

The snobbery on this forum is ridiculous, thank you for reminding me why I generally lurk. I thought this might have been a decent group. I now remember that generally that does not exist on the internet.

Botboy, this sounds like a great recipe, as well as, Craptholomew's Poke Cake. While neither one of you were the first to create raspberry cake, I absolutely believe each of your versions are great, just like, I am sure, many others like yours are, as well.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Really??

I am not nearly the flavor connoisseur that you are and can tell these won't taste the same.

Do the hurt feeling really run that deep? I have seen way more similar recipes thrown around within your inner circle and nobody called out for it, the response is always "omg, that sounds so great, can't wait to try it!!" (Never mind it's one flavor difference from the one I posted last week!)

The snobbery on this forum is ridiculous, thank you for reminding me why I generally lurk. I thought this might have been a decent group. I now remember that generally that does not exist on the internet.

Botboy, this sounds like a great recipe, as well as, Craptholomew's Poke Cake. While neither one of you were the first to create raspberry cake, I absolutely believe each of your versions are great, just like, I am sure, many others like yours are, as well.
I don't believe he claimed they'll taste the same, just pointed out where a similar recipe exists. Anyone who looks for even a second at the two recipes can tell they won't taste the same. Even using all the same ingredients, but at different ratios, it wouldn't taste the same.

I realize the response wasn't @HeadInClouds' normal eloquent, flowing reply, but that doesn't mean you should assume feelings are hurt. Care to step in and elaborate, HIC? I don't get the feeling you were trying to belittle @Botboy141 in any way.

If you want to lurk, continue to do what pleases you. But I don't see the situation you're trying to portray here. Just my two cents.

LuLu78

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone who looks for even a second at the two recipes can tell they won't taste the same. Even using all the same ingredients, but at different ratios, it wouldn't taste the same.

And that's exactly it, even when you look at the real world recipes you can see they are two different cakes and each e juice recipe reflects the differences so the petty jab was unnecessarily made.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
oh wow.. *thunks coffee down on table.. :oops:

LuLu.. what you tryin' to stir up this mawnin, sugah?
I do know we all post and share here, some never get any comments, others get floored.. big deal!
similar recipes are just that.. this one apparently has a bit of nut than the other one..

I feel you are trying to make something from nothing. ;):rolleyes:

unfortunately.. and it'd be much better, if you stepped out of hiding and contributed to the site..
my own opinion.. you know I do not step in to stir things up.. and..
i'd rather other's did not either. o_O

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm glad someone else saw it, too. I didn't want to discount LuLu's opinion, but I know HIC wouldn't be trying to start nonsense.

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Really??

My post is a simple observation, @LuLu78 . I hope you don't allow your emotional reaction to my observation to ruin your opinion of this awesome forum.

If I have ever posted a recipe that is "one flavor difference from the one I posted last week" (as you wrote) -- PLEASE DO point that out! I searched for your recipes here to see where I might have seemingly duplicated a recipe of yours, but I find none here with you as the author. If it was something you posted elsewhere or under some other name, do please point me to it.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Damn, I read that title as Princess Cake and Botboy and thought there'd be better pictures :)
Rofl.

Sigh @ unneeded drama above. Personally, I took no offense to @HeadInClouds comment @LuLu78 however, after recent drama here I guess I could see how it could be interpreted that way.

They are similar raspberry, cream, custard cake recipes, just trying to emulate similar types of cakes is what it comes down to I guess.

I highly recommend y'all try the 2nd version though if you like raspberry and like cake and happen to have the flavors. One of the very few dessert vapes I've been able to vape for more than a day or two.

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
just pie toss, with raspberries and cake! :D
Seriously, is there a better combination of food other than raspberries, cake, custard, cream and nuts? If there is, I haven't found it...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
pineapples and cherries.. bits of naners and oranges.. a few spices.. brown sugah.. lil rum.. lil cake..

dang it, now i am hungry! :(

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seriously, is there a better combination of food other than raspberries, cake, custard, cream and nuts? If there is, I haven't found it...
Yes, chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, walnuts, chocolate cream cheese frosting, with hot fudge and vanilla bean ice cream :)

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yes, chocolate, peanut butter, caramel, walnuts, chocolate cream cheese frosting, with hot fudge and vanilla bean ice cream :)
Damn, that gives me an idea for that thread where the company is fishing for other people's recipes to make money off of under the premise of a contest :rolleyes:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Damn, that gives me an idea for that thread where the company is fishing for other people's recipes to make money off of under the premise of a contest :rolleyes:

oh my.. say that aint so!! o_O

still.. cake is good.. and now i want! :p

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors