Become a Patron!

Price Research

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
wow
OK my original point was NOT about what SOME consider collectible. I dont get the whole collectible mod/atty thing period. But i completely acknowledge and accept that some add intrinsic value to certain rare, unusual, hand made items regardless of the industry. SO people selling that stuff I dont even look at those posts because that is not what I care about. To use the car analogy, thats like looking to buy a car that gets you to and from work and shopping the vintage/collectible car dealer. And to me thats a whole different world. And really has nothing to do with what I was ranting on about. SO if an apology is needed to anyone who is having a thread disrupted over my price rant, then I apologize whole heartedly and sincerely.

Now as to my own opinion on if someone should publicly post in someones WTS thread you can get shit cheaper. ALot of us including myself on rare occasion have done so. IT usually leads no where. Sometimes it does. Since everyone keeps bringing up free market.... this is where it bites one in the ass. TRUE FREE MARKET would allow people to make such posts even if they were links back to themselves or an affiliated business.

I personally think the vendor rules covers when some asshat goes in to WTS threads and posts hey I can sell it to you cheaper. The rules SAY DONT DO IT.

If your not a vendor, and you want to do it, i think its a case by case basis. Lets say for example @Vash, and yes I specifying vash cuz most already know he is the person I was bitching about earlier and I want to clear the air about something. He sells and buys a ton of stuff here. I would actually pay him a tiny bit more then just any joe schmoe. BECAUSE HE HAS a GOOD REPUTATION. And yea i think selling a used 3li for the same as a new one is BULLSHIT. But he listed a bunch of other stuff in the same thread and all the other stuff was a good price. SO if you want to go and be the price nazi on him a PM would be very appropriate.

Now one could argue with this thread I practically called him out publicly on it. And maybe that was a bit of a dick move. But his WTS thread was the latest in a long line of threads I have seen where the item I want is priced about the same as new, and it pissed me off and I vented So I apologize to vash for being a dick in here

Now lets say you see the same person repeatedly selling shit way to high and ripping new members off over and over....then publicly calling them out might be appropriate in my mind

most members on this forum are good people and we all get pissy some days. ANd most shit blows over QUITE quickly and we are all adults so we all aint gonna get along all the times, and its why I like it here.

Cuz I can vent in this post and not worry about being banned or restricted etc.

Now back to @Shark Vape. Its a lost cause in my mind to argue with @TygerTyger ,@Whiskey, @UncleRJ or any of the other mods, notcie most of the other mods have been quite quiet on it.
Any who this is my final bit on SV and this situation.

Let go look at this thread its short and takes 2 minutes to read
http://vapingunderground.com/threads/do-this-when-you-see-spam.201995/

heres the quick version of it OF HOW I READ IT and HOW IT APPEARS TO ME (granted pms or other threads may be go0ing on I am unaware of)
PAGE 1
Huck tells everyone ages ago to not post in spam threads..
a few weeks ago she bumps the thread and reminds people
i ask who got spam banned
SV says its him
SV is pissed and starts to vent
tyger trys to placate him and calm him
whickeyt makes a comment
SV thinks its about him
huck tells him its not about him
all is well
SV rants one more times to TYGER
end of page 1
PAGE 2
starts with whiskey antagonizing SV and poking the proverbial bear with a stick
tyger responds to SV's rant
SV replies to whiskeys provacation
tyger tells SV to knock t off
sv says something about the spam question in his opinion mightbe part of teh issue
unclerj calls SV an ass about 4 times in 1 post
SV doesnt even respond
then the thread continue son quite civilly

Was SV a bit over the top and being a bit of an ass? yes
but he was talking to tyger who is quite capable of dealing with him herself and 2 mods start shit with SV

So the mods who know the SV situation better then anyone get to provoke him and he gets punished
You all want SV to knock his shit off? you want to not have to worry about SV?
2 choices
ban him
or have the mods who dont get along with him leave him the hell alone.
Because until he starts fucking with mods there never seems to be an issue with his rantings imho
its when certain mods get involved shit hits the fan

ANd this thread is not the only example of mods provoking him..its like they are trying to piss him off enough for him to fuck up and give tyger a reason to finally ban him once and for all

Now the only reason Im still going on about this is this...this type of shit is 1 step short of ECF
We all can be asses at times, so what happens when the next person doesnt get along with a couple mods, we going to have this shit all over again with them.

Its time for everyone to realize that their is plenty of blame to go around for the current SV situation, and move on and stop treating him like this

Now Im done with SV. mods/staff you want to reply feel free, or completely ignore what I posted. I know nothing I said will change the situation.
I may be 100% off base with the way I see things in this situation, but appearance is everything at times, and Im not the only one noticing the 1 sided way this situation was handled

Rant over
HAVE A NICE DAY

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
wow
OK my original point was NOT about what SOME consider collectible. I dont get the whole collectible mod/atty thing period. But i completely acknowledge and accept that some add intrinsic value to certain rare, unusual, hand made items regardless of the industry. SO people selling that stuff I dont even look at those posts because that is not what I care about. To use the car analogy, thats like looking to buy a car that gets you to and from work and shopping the vintage/collectible car dealer. And to me thats a whole different world. And really has nothing to do with what I was ranting on about. SO if an apology is needed to anyone who is having a thread disrupted over my price rant, then I apologize whole heartedly and sincerely.

Now as to my own opinion on if someone should publicly post in someones WTS thread you can get shit cheaper. ALot of us including myself on rare occasion have done so. IT usually leads no where. Sometimes it does. Since everyone keeps bringing up free market.... this is where it bites one in the ass. TRUE FREE MARKET would allow people to make such posts even if they were links back to themselves or an affiliated business.

I personally think the vendor rules covers when some asshat goes in to WTS threads and posts hey I can sell it to you cheaper. The rules SAY DONT DO IT.

If your not a vendor, and you want to do it, i think its a case by case basis. Lets say for example @Vash, and yes I specifying vash cuz most already know he is the person I was bitching about earlier and I want to clear the air about something. He sells and buys a ton of stuff here. I would actually pay him a tiny bit more then just any joe schmoe. BECAUSE HE HAS a GOOD REPUTATION. And yea i think selling a used 3li for the same as a new one is BULLSHIT. But he listed a bunch of other stuff in the same thread and all the other stuff was a good price. SO if you want to go and be the price nazi on him a PM would be very appropriate.

Now one could argue with this thread I practically called him out publicly on it. And maybe that was a bit of a dick move. But his WTS thread was the latest in a long line of threads I have seen where the item I want is priced about the same as new, and it pissed me off and I vented So I apologize to vash for being a dick in here

Now lets say you see the same person repeatedly selling shit way to high and ripping new members off over and over....then publicly calling them out might be appropriate in my mind

most members on this forum are good people and we all get pissy some days. ANd most shit blows over QUITE quickly and we are all adults so we all aint gonna get along all the times, and its why I like it here.

Now back to @Shark Vape. Its a lost cause in my mind to argue with @TygerTyger ,@Whiskey, @UncleRJ or any of the other mods, notcie most of the other mods have been quite quiet on it.

heres the quick version of it OF HOW I READ IT and HOW IT APPEARS TO ME (granted pms or other threads may be go0ing on I am unaware of)
PAGE 1
SV says its him
whickeyt makes a comment
SV thinks its about him
all is well
end of page 1
PAGE 2
sv says something about the spam question in his opinion mightbe part of teh issue
SV doesnt even respond

but he was talking to tyger who is quite capable of dealing with him herself and 2 mods start shit with SV

So the mods who know the SV situation better then anyone get to provoke him and he gets punished
2 choices
ban him
Because until he starts fucking with mods there never seems to be an issue with his rantings imho

ANd this thread is not the only example of mods provoking him..its like they are trying to piss him off enough for him to fuck up and give tyger a reason to finally ban him once and for all

Now the only reason Im still going on about this is this...this type of shit is 1 step short of ECF
We all can be asses at times, so what happens when the next person doesnt get along with a couple mods, we going to have this shit all over again with them.

Its time for everyone to realize that their is plenty of blame to go around for the current SV situation, and move on and stop treating him like this

Now Im done with SV. mods/staff you want to reply feel free, or completely ignore what I posted. I know nothing I said will change the situation.
I may be 100% off base with the way I see things in this situation, but appearance is everything at times, and Im not the only one noticing the 1 sided way this situation was handled

Rant over
HAVE A NICE DAY
No harm no foul man ,as you said I tend to sell most of my gear at very fair prices IMO and we disagree on one I recently sold and that's fine .

Have a nice day :)

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Mattp169
You have to have an open perspective in situations like these and consider each individual point of view.
Keep in mind that SV started his tenure here the same way that he seems to be ending it. A couple months of good behavior doesn't give him the right to act out when he doesn't agree with something. Especially when it's his own doing.
I don't fault uncle or whiskey at all for calling a duck a duck.
Being a mod is an often difficult and thankless job and I'm sure it's worse on a board with such few rules.
Mods/staff are people too and I'm sure they take offense to words just like the rest of us.
He's been given ample opportunity to make a bad situation better but he chooses not to. Youve seen it first hand and even tried to reason with him yourself but he just keeps going...
What you do if you were a mod here?

LordDaveVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wow

PAGE 1
SV says its him
whickeyt makes a comment
SV thinks its about him
all is well
end of page 1
PAGE 2
SV doesnt even respond

2 choices
ban him

Rant over
HAVE A NICE DAY
Thank you

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
wow

PAGE 1
SV says its him
whickeyt makes a comment
SV thinks its about him
all is well
end of page 1
PAGE 2
SV doesnt even respond

2 choices
ban him

Rant over
HAVE A NICE DAY

That was my IPV3LI at one point. If i recall correctly, Ipaid about $70 for it shipped. They are tough to find online, at least they were when I bought it a couple months ago. Post a link to the IPV3Li new for $45 shipped. I believe before you claimed wake and vape, I checked shortly after you posted the claim and never found it at that price. Maybe I missed it but if it really exist, $45 shipped for a NIB IPV3Li, I'll buy it right now.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
wow

PAGE 1
SV says its him
whickeyt makes a comment
SV thinks its about him
all is well
end of page 1
PAGE 2
SV doesnt even respond

2 choices
ban him

Rant over
HAVE A NICE DAY

I'll tell you why some poke the bear and provoke the responses.....

So points can be issued. Seen it before. Provoke, get the negative response one is looking for, and point them for the response.

Enough points, and they get the boot, automatically from the system.

We can pretend this isn't the case, but it is. Remember Steve? The guy who was the "forum jerk"? Poke and prod, get the response, issue the points, get the ban.

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll tell you why some poke the bear and provoke the responses.....

So points can be issued. Seen it before. Provoke, get the negative response one is looking for, and point them for the response.

Enough points, and they get the boot, automatically from the system.

We can pretend this isn't the case, but it is. Remember Steve? The guy who was the "forum jerk"? Poke and prod, get the response, issue the points, get the ban.

Are you fucking kidding me???
So Mr fagoo was the martyr??
That fuckwit needed ABSOLUTELY no prodding to undo himself.
He blatantly and unbashedly attacked anyone and everyone that didn't agree with him and he did it on a daily basis.
If you side with that mongoloid then maybe your ass should join him on whatever shit hole forum he's on.

Fuck him and fuck you if you think he didn't deserve it.
One more time,if you don't like you're surroundings,leave.
No one will miss you.

SV at least TRIED to be a part of the forums before trolling again.
That guy came in as a troll and left as one.
Do you honestly think that VU would be better if he had been allowed to stay??

LordDaveVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So about that Damascus Mod..... How low are you willing to go?:idea::teehee:

I agree to the 50% of retail overall for standard items, but... Truly of all my items I believe this has that "intrinsic value" that handmadeish rareish one-of-a-kindishish snowflake type qualities possess... So I am firm on the rate of 75% retail, roughly. The IZ Damascus was $250 originally and I am asking $200 for that wiggle room for those who will never pay what is posted.

That being said, lowest all cash price with no RDA is $175 + the 3% PayPal fee which I will use to cover shipping (but only because you did such a good job delivering Han Solo to Jabba)

And to show that I am not a price gouger as once accused, I am willing to take a full trade for an authentic Platinum Limitless (with bandana sleeve preferred) or partial trade of a minimum of $100 ... I need a multi bay charger, batteries, other box mods like an RX200s, 3mg juices basically be a generous as possible because I am struggling financially. Sounds good?

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Are you fucking kidding me???
So Mr fagoo was the martyr??
That fuckwit needed ABSOLUTELY no prodding to undo himself.
He blatantly and unbashedly attacked anyone and everyone that didn't agree with him and he did it on a daily basis.
If you side with that mongoloid then maybe your ass should join him on whatever shit hole forum he's on.

Fuck him and fuck you if you think he didn't deserve it.
One more time,if you don't like you're surroundings,leave.
No one will miss you.

SV at least TRIED to be a part of the forums before trolling again.
That guy came in as a troll and left as one.
Do you honestly think that VU would be better if he had been allowed to stay??
I don't give a fuck if you like me or not. You can have a big glass of go fuck yourself.

He wanted to know "why" and I told him. If you don't like the truth, that's your problem.

My suggestion is to use the ignore button if you don't like someone. It's a fix for your problem. It's a more grown up thing to do, rather than run your mouth like a little bitch, and try to jump into some little click like a child on the playground.

You must be part of generation snowflake. Think the whole world should bow to your "feelings".

P.S. I thought disparaging gay or homosexual people was ADAMATLY against the rules?

You'll never see me post something stupid like that, because:
1 its against the "few rules" the forum has.
2 it's a small minded way to belittle people.

Maybe next you'd like to post some racist comments?

Last edited:

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't give a fuck if you like me or not. You can have a big glass of go fuck yourself.

He wanted to know "why" and I told him. If you don't like the truth, that's your problem.

My suggestion is to use the ignore button if you don't like someone. It's a fix for your problem. It's a more grown up thing to do, rather than run your mouth like a little bitch, and try to jump into some little click like a child on the playground.

You must be part of generation snowflake. Think the whole world should bow to your "feelings".

P.S. I thought disparaging gay or homosexual people was ADAMATLY against the rules?

You'll never see me post something stupid like that, because:
1 its against the "few rules" the forum has.
2 it's a small minded way to belittle people.

Maybe next you'd like to post some racist comments?

Come whatever may. I'm a big boy and can take punishment for my words and actions.
Thanks for the concern though....
3fd36ed66c3fb918d57235876412cf0d.787x1000x1.jpg

VU Sponsors