precoiled wire & wick

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
has anyone rebuilt coils using pre-made wire and wick?

i see they're a few bucks for a bag of 50 on fasttech

chickenmonkey

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not me. Having fun building my own.

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have heard mixed reviews on the quality of them.. I guess if you dont want to build them yourself its a good buy.. but just be prepared for some not to work.. or not to read the correct resistance...

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I know using premade stuff is way uncool - I just don't have all the tools and material!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wire is cheap. stick with a-1 kanthal Temco or lighting vape not sure about shipping to Canada but I am sure a fellow Canadian will be in to let you know. 5-6 bucks for 100 feet. 28-32 ga is good to start with.
Needle nose pliers and clipper sub 10 bucks.
Coil jig sub 20 bucks, or a drill bit.
Cotton well just about the cheapest thing on planet earth.
Torch. you can find a pretty good one sub 30 bucks.

Hell you don;t really need a torch it just adds to the simple factor.

*forgot an ohm meter 15ish if you are going to stay in the .6 or so and above range.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I tried both the pre wrapped coils and the premade wick and coil assemblies.

And they both sucked!

The coils look good but they don't last for more than a couple of vapes.

I don't know what is wrong with the wicks but they taste like ASS!

I can't suggest strongly enough just to bight the bullet and learn how to make your own coils. Very inexpensive and super easy once you get the hang of it after a few builds.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I tried both the pre wrapped coils and the premade wick and coil assemblies.

And they both sucked!

The coils look good but they don't last for more than a couple of vapes.

I don't know what is wrong with the wicks but they taste like ASS!

I can't suggest strongly enough just to bight the bullet and learn how to make your own coils. Very inexpensive and super easy once you get the hang of it after a few builds.

Yup. this exactly.. there are plenty of YT videos available to learn how to build them.. its not as hard as you think and most vape shops have the supplies needed to get you started (probably a little more expensive) but here's a good place to order your wire:

then you just need to grab some organic/sterile cotton balls at CVS / Wallgreens and you are set!

the wire took only 2 days to arrive so shouldnt need to wait too long :)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Ramie is still better:D

Carla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup. this exactly.. there are plenty of YT videos available to learn how to build them.. its not as hard as you think and most vape shops have the supplies needed to get you started (probably a little more expensive) but here's a good place to order your wire:

then you just need to grab some organic/sterile cotton balls at CVS / Wallgreens and you are set!

the wire took only 2 days to arrive so shouldnt need to wait too long :)

I'm glad I asked - thanks, guys.

joowan

Founding Vendor
Founding Vendor
VU Vendor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Some of our RBA shipments have been coming in with pre-made coils included in the box. Used about 5-6 pairs of them already, honestly they are amazing, got a .21ohm cloud machine on our tugboat within 5 minutes of opening the box. The convenience can't be beat if you make simple coils ALOTT. People can say premade is uncool, but I say wasting time on coils you can build in your sleep is uncool. Use the time saved to build cooler shit.

I know using premade stuff is way uncool - I just don't have all the tools and material!

Tools and material is cheap, you just need an ohm reader and know what gauge wires you like to work with and stock up on it. Everything else can be found in an average home.

If you don't know what gauge kanthal you like working with I can send you a little section of each ranging from 22G-34G, just pay me for shipping. PM me if you'd like them.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been using fastech's premade coils and wicks on my atomizers and pro tanks with no problems. Kanthal is kanthal and nichrome is nichrome so the wires are they same. As far as wicks go the premade with with silica is working well. The premade coils I just put in my own organic cotton and it provides a great vape and a great flavor. So I have had great success with the fastech coils and wick.

jlruiz2k

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I think FT pre made coils are great, you still have to calculate the right coil to purchase, you still have to build the deck and wick it so in my eyes you are building and the only thing you are farming out is the wrap of the coil. It is really difficult to argue the price and quality. PS I have only purchased non wicked pre wrapped coils so I don't have an opinion on wicked kind.

VU Sponsors