Become a Patron!

Pre-mixing

KeelieKimber

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone have ideas/knowledge about pre-mixing PG/VG/Nic? I am new to DIY and wondered if it is ok to have everything "ready-to-go" and just add flavors as needed.

Thanks and Happy Vaping. ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of people do that, cuts down on mixing time for sure. I don't because I mix for a few other people with different ratio/nic preferences, but it is easier if you're just mixing for yourself.

KeelieKimber

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the input. I just started and I think it will be worth the (minimal) effort (not to mention cost and knowing what I am vaping).

KeelieKimber

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, I have found a few online and just need to figure out the one I like best. I made my first 5 ml bottle today and it was pretty flavorless (?). I'm gonna let it sit a couple days and see what happens. It will be a fun ride !!!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You've been bitten by the DIY bug! Flavorless, can go either way. Either too much, or not enough. It just takes a bit to learn your flavors, but you're already on you way now! It's a lot of fun :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the only trick to this method is your nic content

if you make your premix 6mg
then when you add flavor it will be lower. depending on how much flavor you add. s if you use FA flavors which are super concentrated and add 5% flavor your 6mg nic is now 5.7mg if you use cap or tfa and end up adding 20% flavor your nic is now 4.8

you can try to compensate for that by making your base a little stronger in nic. but how much? depends if all your flavor mixes are the exact same percentage then you can figure that out. but if one flavor is 8% and another is 17% and another is 5% you can't figure it out.

but I have made up my pg/vg/nic ahead of time, LOts of people do. Some even make huge batches of the flavors in a premix, their pg/vg/nic in a premix, then just mix the 2 together when they need to.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I premix too. If you decide to, get yourself a squirt bottle to keep your premix in, even a small restaurant mustard bottle. be sure to use a"food grade" bottle no mater what you get. This makes it easier. Good luck with your mixing and have fun!:)

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For my personal mixes, yes - I do up a few hundred ml of 3.5 mg nic in max-VG base every few weeks. After flavors, it comes out to about "3ish" nic, which is good enough for me...mixing for others I use a calculator and use precise measurements.

VU Sponsors