POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS OF VAPING AND ECIGS

Discussion in 'Vaping Health Related' started by vapingmandycat, Jun 4, 2014.

1. BigNasty

BigNasty Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    @dmska ya that is dehydration and mineral imbalance, eat a banana or two and drink double the water.

Here is what I noticed the first time around.
    Acne around the nostrils, and lips... painful as hell, but went away.
    Farts, not like one or two times the standard male issue butt trumpets but many fold increase in window rattlers.. this has not gone away and is humorous... my second hobby outside of vaping now is competitive crop dusting.
    Getting constipated.. this goes away drink more water and more fiber.

SMOKIE and pete67 like this.
  2. Deluxe ejuice com

Deluxe ejuice com New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I have had so many positives with vaping compared to the negatives.

Positives:
    1. Saving HUNDREDS every month by switching
    2. My house, clothes, car, etc. no longer reek like rancid smoke
    3. Hair (cilia) growing back in my lungs. Cilia filter the air entering your lungs.
    4. No more wheezing, coughing, or gasping for breath.
    5. Sense of smell has improved.
    6. Sense of taste is off the charts now.
    7. No more having to run in to the convenience store or gas station every day to buy smokes
    Negatives:
    1. Occasional sore throat
    2. Need to rehydrate more
    3. Occasional allergies to ingredients in eJuice - mainly form PG

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  3. Giraut

Giraut Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    This one disappeared immediately when I started vaping with my DNA40 mod with the temperature control function enabled.

Deluxe ejuice com likes this.
  4. ecigworldau

ecigworldau

Blog Posts:
    The dry mouth side effect is very common due to the nature of e-liquids.

5. Saddletramp1200

Saddletramp1200 Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I can't use PG anymore, makes juice to where I get way too much throat hit. I always have something to drink even if it's water. 2-3 huge hits & my mouth is so dry I can barely talk. Also keep jaw breakers but I am careful not to suck one down my lung pipe.

6. DeMiThA

DeMiThA Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    i started vaping recently, now i have this loud ringing in my ears :/ i never had this before :S cutting PG will solve this?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  7. DeMiThA

Blog Posts:
  8. HeadInClouds

HeadInClouds Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Don't panic, but cut the PG as low as possible right away. Do you buy vendor liquids or mix your own? There are zero-PG and max-VG vendor liquids. If you DIY, I'm happy to help you find a way to work around PG.

Oh - you say you quit vaping for now. Of course that's one way around it, but if you decide to work around it, PM me any time if I can help you DIY without PG.

P.S. People sensitive to PG have different limits so far as tinnitis is concerned. Most people have no problem at all; others can't tolerate any at all

inspects likes this.
  9. DeMiThA

Blog Posts:
    yes i stopped vaping for now, if this goes away i will start with 100% VG and see. thanks for the reply :)

HeadInClouds likes this.
  10. AndriaD

AndriaD Happy New Year! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Umm... I don't smoke anymore since I started vaping, so there is zero smoking indoors or around others... just lots of vaping. And in fact, that was WHY I started vaping, so I could stop running out to the porch every 30 minutes.

And I don't go near people smoking cigarettes if I can help it, that shit STINKS.

Andria

11. Ariel1992

Ariel1992 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Every time I Vape I get nauseated dizzy light headed and my fingertips andthe tips of my toes feel tingly and numb and I also experience a tingling pressure feeling in my nose should I be worried about that? My nicotine level is currently at 3

12. Giraut

Blog Posts:
    Sounds exactly like my own symptoms :)

13. jjdell

jjdell New Member

Blog Posts:
    I get tinnitus, had it before vaping. It only gets worse if im a bit dehydrated. Drink plenty of water and im ok, its there but just a background noise. Vape heavy and dont drink enough and it becomes almost the dominant sound.

14. inspects

inspects Squonkamaniac Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Just noticed this thread, I too have crazy ringing in the ears, and don't use much PG....strange.

Have had the ringing for many years, but since vaping it seems the ringing - sound level has doubled.

15. Giraut

Blog Posts:
    My tinnitus got out of control until I quit vaping PG altogether. I reported it to my family doctor who told me he wasn't surprised: he said PG is harmful to the inner ear, and that's why eardrops (that use PG as a solvent) aren't prescribed to people who have ruptured eardrums.

16. rmbr21796

rmbr21796 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I too have tinnitus like problems I always put it down to nicotine producing a over all adrenaline response.

17. blackiyto

blackiyto New Member

Blog Posts:
    To us older ex-smokers, we can now become a burden to our kids or Grandkids that have been looking for us to die sooner because we smoked and get our money and stuff...

18. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Have been vacillating between :cry: and :giggle: on your contribution :wave:

MrMeowgi likes this.
  19. AndriaD

AndriaD Happy New Year! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I'm just glad that I've never had tinnitus, except after sitting on a speaker or right in front of them at a rock concert. :giggle: If I couldn't vape at least 85% PG, I wouldn't be able to vape at all; VG just about suffocates me.

Andria

20. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Live Leadership Show Host Reviewer Vape Media VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    FB_IMG_1546830852236.jpg

hellcatrydr likes this.
  21. Kbrglp

Kbrglp New Member

Blog Posts:
    Hi all. I'm hoping some can help me before I go to the doctor. I've been vaping for 8 yrs. About 3 years ago I got a whole new piece and nic level at 6 and juice at 70/30. For about a year I had a juice that I absolutely loved. Almost 3 months ago they stopped making it. So began this adventure of finding a new love. Just a few weeks into it I started coughing. I thought new coil? Did it? New juice? Did it? Inhale/exhale technique? Changed it. Still coughing. It's not exactly like a smokers cough but close. Its fully in my chest. I haven't been sick in a long time. Only cough when I hit. Cough isnt consistent. Some days it's a few coughs, next every 10 hits, next every hit. Going to the doc and saying some things wrong I'm coughing when I smoke is just embarrassing cuz the treatment will be stop smoking. I wont do that but I also cant cough the rest of my life. I'm going back to vape shop tomorrow and let them know this one isnt helping and see what they say but maybe someone else has an idea or anyone experience this? I've read..lower nic..and change pg level. I dont know if I cld handle lower nic at this time. Help!

22. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Am assuming you meant vaping and not smoking - a lot of people cough with vaping if they also still smoke though

Just remember vaping and smoking are not the same thing

Does the new juice have a higher VG level? Some people get kind of a phlegm thing going on with super high VG

AndriaD likes this.
  23. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Live Leadership Show Host Reviewer Vape Media VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    I am not a doctor, but you have been vaping 8 years, and now this is happening!

Maybe that PG in the juice mix does not agree with you, but there are many things that can cause a cough like dust from your heat returns, allergies, dogs, cats, birds, or just a common virus that lingers. If you tell the doctor you vape more then likely they will say STOP, even tho they are not sure vaping is the culprit.

Maybe you should try on your own to stop for a few days to see how you feel, pick up some nic gum if you are going to have withdrawals.

19260710_474722936198922_441629180485533629_n.jpg

AndriaD likes this.
  24. Kbrglp

Kbrglp New Member

Blog Posts:

Juice has been same vg for last few years. 70/30. I guess I should have mentioned I haven't smoked in 8yrs. Only vape.

25. Kbrglp

Kbrglp New Member

Blog Posts:
    Thays my thought to..it just started. The thing is I can't stop vaping for 20, 30 mins..heck an hour...and no cough. Take a hit and boom there it is. A friend of mine said to not mention to the doc that it happens when vaping. He said vaping may just be agitating the real source. I dont want to believe that which is why I was hoping another long time vapor could come forward and say hey yup that's happened to me to and itll go away:)

26. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Here's the thing... 70/30 is 70% PG, and 30% VG -- I have a suspicion you might mean 30/70, since nearly all modern commercial ejuice is much higher in VG than PG. And 70% VG *will* bother some people -- I can't even deal with 30% VG!

Andria