Become a Patron!

Poll: Will 20700 Batteries Replace 18650 Batteries?

In your opinion, will 20700 cells replace 18650 cells?

• Yes, and I will use 20700 devices exclusively

• Yes, but I will use 18650 devices exclusively

• Yes, and I will use both 20700 and 18650 devices

• No, but I will use 20700 devices exlusively

• No, and I will use 18650 devices exclusively

• No, but I will use both 20700 and 18650 devices

• 20700s and 18650s will see equal use in vaping

Results are only viewable after voting.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Unless the FDA bullshit gets changed, mod makers will have to sell a shitload in the next year, then poof off the market they go here in the states. Like Cromwell, I'm not going on a buying spree as I'm perfectly happy with my 18650 devices.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unless the FDA bullshit gets changed, mod makers will have to sell a shitload in the next year, then poof off the market they go here in the states. Like Cromwell, I'm not going on a buying spree as I'm perfectly happy with my 18650 devices.
Will you not be able to buy new mods under the FDA regs then? That is messed up if you can't :(

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will you not be able to buy new mods under the FDA regs then? That is messed up if you can't :(
Not unless they atre approved by the FDA.
As it stands about a year from now you will not be able to buy any vape gear in the USA not sold on or before 2007.

Virtually all vape items will have to be pulled form the shelves so to speak.

Which is pretty much everything juice and all.
Unless it is approved by the FDA's PMTA process.

I continue to be amazed at how many vapers do not know about the planned demise of vaping in the USA by the FDA.

Enforcement starts 8-8-2018.

jazzman

"I'm Old, Fat and Ugly with a crappy attitude!
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
As it stands about a year from now you will not be able to buy any vape gear in the USA not sold on or before 2007.

I continue to be amazed at how many vapers do not know about the planned demise of vaping in the USA by the FDA.

It's the same here in Vegas. Either people don't know or don't care. Only a hand full of shops out of 80+ worry about the FDA deeming regulations. It's sad!

As far as the 20700, I have 2 mod's that use them, all the rest are 18650, so I use both.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's the same here in Vegas. Either people don't know or don't care. Only a hand full of shops out of 80+ worry about the FDA deeming regulations. It's sad!

As far as the 20700, I have 2 mod's that use them, all the rest are 18650, so I use both.
Ohh well I do what I can to fight the FDA regs.
But I stock up as well, so should be good on all the hardware for the rest of my life.
Might get a couple more CV squonkers and will likely get a few more regulateds on clearance as places start going out of business.

jazzman

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 8 mech's, and 9 regulated mod's myself. I will probably order a couple CV also with extra replacement parts kit's and some extra RDA's. For DIY, I will order about 6 liter's 100 nic to stick in the freezer along with the flavors I use. With all the FDA bullshit and nobody in congress giving a shit about harm reduction, I want to make sure that I am supplied.

jazzman

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry for high-jacking your thread, Back to the battery question.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 8 mech's, and 9 regulated mod's myself. I will probably order a couple CV also with extra replacement parts kit's and some extra RDA's. For DIY, I will order about 6 liter's 100 nic to stick in the freezer along with the flavors I use. With all the FDA bullshit and nobody in congress giving a shit about harm reduction, I want to make sure that I am supplied.
Already have about 25 yrs worth of nic at my consumption level in the freezer.
Have about 8 tube mechs and 4 box mechs. and about 14 or so assorted regulated mods.
Lots of wire, Orings, replacement glass for tanks, etc.

Have about 24 oz of CAP VC V1 in the freezer too in case they stop the good stuff.

fraleywp

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's not forget we have a new surgeon general who is pro vaping. Don't count on the existing plans to stand as they are. There will definitely be changes. Why do you think they were delayed again?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The crazy part of the whole,only grandfathering in items sold in 2007, bit is that this is all supposed to be to protect consumers from bad products but the only eliquid being sold in 2007 was eliquid made in China using god only knows what.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's not forget we have a new surgeon general who is pro vaping. Don't count on the existing plans to stand as they are. There will definitely be changes. Why do you think they were delayed again?
Ohh there will be changes like exempting expensive cigars and flavored snuff.
As to vaping though. I hope for the best but am prepared for the worst because I see no real positive movement on any pro vaping bill so far.
And the most pro bill so far only moved the date and also regulated mods and batteries for safety...
PMTA still required for any new stuff after the date.
Granted a good step but still pretty much killing any future vaping development in the US market.

What I expect is for sealed systems and such to be approved and not much else.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The crazy part of the whole,only grandfathering in items sold in 2007, bit is that this is all supposed to be to protect consumers from bad products but the only eliquid being sold in 2007 was eliquid made in China using god only knows what.

And that exact eliquid is not longer sold so no eliquid?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Virtually all vape items will have to be pulled form the shelves so to speak.

Which is pretty much everything juice and all.
Unless it is approved by the FDA's PMTA process.

Wow, that is really, really bad. So you will be stuck with pre 2007 devices? Surely they know this will stop a lot of people from vaping?

I really wasn't aware your rulings were going to be that strict. We have got off fairly lightly with the TPD compared to you :(

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, that is really, really bad. So you will be stuck with pre 2007 devices? Surely they know this will stop a lot of people from vaping?

I really wasn't aware your rulings were going to be that strict. We have got off fairly lightly with the TPD compared to you :(
It is their intent to stop people from vaping.
yes will be pretty much catastrophic for vaping as the regs stand now.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

All bought and paid for by Big Tobacco and Big Pharma. Plus the individual states get their tobacco settlement money based on the sales of tobacco. They say they want people to stop using tobacco, but not really as they depend on the tobacco money in their budgets.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
All bought and paid for by Big Tobacco and Big Pharma. Plus the individual states get their tobacco settlement money based on the sales of tobacco. They say they want people to stop using tobacco, but not really as they depend on the tobacco money in their budgets.
Well BT big Pharma and the I don't know what is in that, I wanna control your life crowd.
So basically greed and stupidity is bringing it about. But that is what makes America great?

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And that exact eliquid is not longer sold so no eliquid?
To the best of my knowledge, Dekang was the only mfg back then. I know they've added flavors and varieties of flavors (i.e. different versions of strawberry) but dunno if they've changed any of their original formulas since then or not. I would guess that they have, if for no other reason than changing according to what the consumers want.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Mooch said 18650 battery use outside of vaping is not going to go away anytime soon so logical deduction suggests the same will be true as far as vaping goes. The only 20700 mod I currently own is the Vaperz Cloud XXX tube mech in brass with the XTension tube in brass...I recently also bought the new bottom section in brass for it, as that has the "Comp-S" switch─the older one in brass that came with the brass version of the mod is using the older, somewhat less well-designed "VC Tech" switch. (The only real reason I wanted the Comp-S switch is because my VC Tech switch has been arcing against the bottom battery... probably not an issue if you only use the mod in single battery configuration, but anyway I just thought I'd mention.) It's a really great tube mech.

The only other 20700 tube mech that I know of is the Admiral, and that I haven't bought mainly because there's no available option for it to be used with an extension tube. So... last Monday I got the Vapergate The 99 tube mech instead, as that one uses dual 26650 in series... it's actually an authentic Broadside "on steroids" so it also has the Broadside logo stamped in the side at the bottom because it's a collaboration between Vapergate and BJ Box Mods. It's a really great tube mech also.

From my own personal experience, a tube mech that uses multiple batteries in series (series tube mech, or "stack") brings a few interesting advantages to the table. For one, it vapes differently because you're running higher volts and so you build your coils differently, giving you more options to explore with regards to the vape experience, and, because you typically don't want your vape to be excessively too hot (wattages), you either tend to build your coils such a way that they will draw less amps from each battery─compared to typical coil building for a single battery tube mech─to compensate for the higher voltages you get from a stack... thereby also increasing the effective runtime of the batteries. I.e., the effect on the battery runtime will be similar to choosing higher mAh batteries, and also the smaller voltage sag resulting from drawing less amps per battery also helps to improve on runtime even further. So now add in the fact that 20700 and 26650 batteries can be used to already offer stronger mAh compared to 18650s anyway in the first place, and what you'll end up with is a pretty nice cumulated effect. But you also still have the option to aim for higher wattages instead, which comes in handy if you're going to use bigger coils (and bigger atomizers to generally go with that) so these bigger batteries also opened the road to several interesting new possibilities of course─if you, like me, are into those different/strange vaping styles.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
All my devices are 18650 so I doubt I'll want to move over but thats not say I wouldn't use both

xpen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'd rather wait for a better chemistry to come to the 18650 format, I've invested too much into it for changing now...
Especially for such a little gain.

VU Sponsors