Become a Patron!

Plume veil 1.5?

LSX_mechanic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK I'm so confused on this. There are so many clones and some call it one version and another company a different. What I'm looking for (with no luck so far ) is what I think is a plume veil 1.5 with the 5 air hole in top,in a 26650 size 28.5mm I believe. Any help would be appreciated big time. I've spent the better part of a week looking for one,and and I can come up with is the first version. .

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the one from FT (https://m.fasttech.com/p/1836004). The airflow from the top is controlled by a ring (where your drip Tip is in) that you can screw in/out. What I don't like, due to the air holes to the two negative posts, it's leaking slightly through those holes. Besides of that, it's a good RDA.
I have a few other 26650 RDAs, my favorite of this size category, is the Castor. It can produce both flavor and clouds. However, the new Mutation XL V3 is a nice RDA for a good price. Depending on your build, airflow, and juice, it can be a good flavor producer as well. I also have the TOBH V2 clone from FT. Similar to it's "little brother", it's build more for flavor, but produces nice clouds too. In addition, I just received the Brass Monkee, I haven't used yet. I got that one on sale at https://www.craftvapery.com/products/brass-monkee-26650-rda-stainless-steel. I'm planning on ordering the VapeWell next. (http://www.vapordna.com/The-VapeWell-26650-RDA-Rebuildable-Atomizer-p/gmo002.htm)

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You got it. The v1.5 is the 5 holes in the top and the small logo on the sides. Personally I'd go for the v1.5 they sell w the gold plated deck.

You guys want an atty not quite as sloppy as a veil but just as good flavor? Get a mutation x v3, then get the glass cap. Been using mine a month solid so far. Another couple good flavor atties are zenith and CEO Fog.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think the plume veil has some gimmicky features that cause more problems than they help performance. Seems like a bit of a failed experiment to me. There's a reason the silly features haven't been used on a bunch of other devices. Sorry for being a negative nancy. Just sharing my thoughts.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I think the plume veil has some gimmicky features that cause more problems than they help performance. Seems like a bit of a failed experiment to me. There's a reason the silly features haven't been used on a bunch of other devices. Sorry for being a negative nancy. Just sharing my thoughts.
I kind of agree. IMO, they should get rid of those extra holes for the negative posts.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You got it. The v1.5 is the 5 holes in the top and the small logo on the sides. Personally I'd go for the v1.5 they sell w the gold plated deck.

You guys want an atty not quite as sloppy as a veil but just as good flavor? Get a mutation x v3, then get the glass cap. Been using mine a month solid so far. Another couple good flavor atties are zenith and CEO Fog.
The OP is looking for a 28.5mm RDA, not a 22mm. Therefore, the Mutation X V3 wouldn't help. As previously mentioned, the Mutation XL V3 is the larger brother, and you can use it for flavor by building proper coil(s) and reducing airflow as well.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I kind of agree. IMO, they should get rid of those extra holes for the negative posts.
You can use some high temp plumber's epoxy putty to plug those holes on the negative posts as well as the cap. Your air flow will suffer slightly, but it won't leak like a sieve anymore

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
You can use some high temp plumber's epoxy putty to plug those holes on the negative posts as well as the cap. Your air flow will suffer slightly, but it won't leak like a sieve anymore
Cool. Thanks for the tip! I haven't thought of that option.

LSX_mechanic

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I found one , used it a little while. I didn't care for it at all! Don't see what the hype is behind them. So I'm back to using my airek

Davect06607

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have found that raising the top cap, so that all three air holes are above the deck lip helps tremendously.
Much more air flow and less leakage.

VU Sponsors