Become a Patron!

Please suggest a build for my new Spinner II and Mini Protank 3 (dual coil).

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have recently upgraded from a CE5 and cheap ego battery to a Spinner II and Mini PT3 (both clones). I have successfully rebuilt coils many times since I've started vaping, but I rarely get it just right where it produces good flavor. Hopefully my new battery will give me more room to build good coils.

I want a good suggestion for how I should rebuild my dual coil pt3. As in how many wraps and such. I have 30 and 32 gauge kanthal, and both silica wick and Japanese organic cotton.

I saw this video on youtube of a guy rebuilding a pt3. He did two micro coils of 30 gauge wire with six wraps each. I copied his build, but when I tested it with my multimiter it was .8 ohms, which I heard is too low of a resistance for ego pen batteries.

He had a mod battery, but he set it to 4.8 volts to demonstrate it was a good build for ego pen users. What I don't think he took into account was that cheap egos can't handle such a low resistance. My cheap ego actually refused to fire when I made his build.

Now today my Spinner II arrived in the mail, so if those can handle .8 ohms, then great! Otherwise, could any of you with this pen or similar suggest a good build for me? What guage, material, inner diameter, micro coil or not, etc...

Thank you

VU Sponsors