Please remove the "like"

Discussion in 'General Requests' started by Manic Miner, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Manic Miner

Manic Miner Surfs up! VU Donator Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It reminds me of Facebook. It's not nice for those with low self esteem. So please!

KingPin!, DogMan, Daniellife and 2 others like this.
  2. SMOKIE

SMOKIE THE MODFATHER Staff Member VU Senior Leadership VU Senior Administrator Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Live Leadership Show Host Reviewer Vape Media VU Live Host

Blog Posts:
    Now you just gave me a idea of adding a dislike button!

3a63a81f-035f-4962-996d-d9bea1f0eee3.jpg

3. Manic Miner

Blog Posts:
    LOL, that would make things worse, but thanks. ;) It's not that people here are bad at giving likes... I enjoy it, and I like giving likes too, but I think it's a bad practice. I do not believe I'm not the only one that has gotten a bad feeling... Maybe it's my AVPD that makes me extra sensitive.

~Don~ likes this.
  4. MrMeowgi

MrMeowgi The Vapin' Drummer Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Can't be too sensitive on the interwebs. Welcome to the Vu by the way

Jimi, The Cromwell, AndriaD and 5 others like this.
  5. Manic Miner

Blog Posts:
    Thank you! :)

~Don~ likes this.
  6. Daniellife

Daniellife New Member

Blog Posts:
    like))

BobsHere likes this.
  7. beyonslay

beyonslay New Member

Blog Posts:
    I do not see why the button "like" would pose a problem, it means that we are of the same opinion as another person. I do not see why it could affect self-esteem.

8. AndriaD

AndriaD HAPPY SPRING! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    This is very true, especially around here. This place will either chase you off or toughen you up - if it does the latter, it's a blast. But nobody here minds telling you if you're an asshat, no tiny violins will play, and unless you've been an asshat by breaking some of the very few rules, nothing else will happen. People have to cause a SERIOUS problem round here to get the banhammer, it's not just because some moderator is having a bad hair day.

So yeah, welcome to VU! The grownup vaping forum! :giggle:

And hey, mods, don't remove the like -- it's a way of saying "Yes I agree" "or "that's funny!" without having to clutter the place up. However a thumbs-down button would be lervely. :D

Andria

ajvapes and MrMeowgi like this.
  9. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Hello and welcome to VU. Wait till you see all the emojis. You'll swear they're following you from thread to thread.
    seeking-whom-he-may-devour.jpg

Attached Files:

Jimi, ajvapes, AndriaD and 1 other person like this.
  10. Theboss

Theboss Silver Contributor ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    It is nice to only have the like button over here imo. On that other forum I used to frequent there were too many options and the disagree button always started some kind of drama when someone hit it.

Just Frank, Letitia9 and AndriaD like this.
  11. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I like like.

Jimi, ajvapes, BobsHere and 3 others like this.
  12. Letitia9

Letitia9 Therion/Nano Junkie VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I
    I like the added ratings and miss the funny & heart when over here. Red x gets used very little anymore.

13. Just Frank

Just Frank Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    People on Reddit flip out over downvotes. I see it all the time. "Thanks for down voting me. I'm not coming back to this sub". I still don't even know what the votes are for there. Some people get all bent out of shape and I don't even pay attention to my score lol.

Letitia9 likes this.
  14. The Cromwell

The Cromwell The Frugal Vapist VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Posts actually disappear from down voting over there.
    Lost a couple of mine over there ;)

Letitia9 likes this.
  15. AndriaD

AndriaD HAPPY SPRING! VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 4 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Y'know, I've been online in one way or another since 1989 -- internet since '99, when I started building websites,using both plain HTML/CSS, and content mgmt systems of quite a few different kinds, even some for .NET/ASP servers... and I have NEVER been able to figure out Reddit; how the "threading" works, how to find something... nothing. Anytime I've tried to find something on Reddit, I usually end up in a thread that's been closed since 2010 or something. :facepalm:

I'll stick to forums, Quora, and twitter -- those are actually organized in a way that makes SENSE.

Andria

The Cromwell and Letitia9 like this.
  16. The Cromwell

Blog Posts:
    I only Reddit one forum over there.
    And not a lot on this one.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/

That forum and this one are the only places I post on the net.
    I was on the internet before it was known or browsers existed.
    I worked in Telecom.
    Before that I was on some dialup boards.

17. AndriaD

Blog Posts:
    Yeah I made and ran some dialup BBS's, before the internet; that was my alternative to soap operas and Harlequin novels, after I had a baby... then took a break for a few years, just kinda got tired of it, and when my back was turned, the internet happened. :D As soon as I first saw it, in Sept '99, I called up my husband at work and said "Whatever you have to do to get enough $$$ to buy me an up-to-date PC and modem, DO IT!" I was still running Win 3.1 at that time, though Win 95 had just turned into Win 98; I already knew the 9600 modem I had wasn't NEARLY fast enough, it was barely adequate for plain ASCII. Got a marginally-capable PC and 56k modem, and got on the internet -- by December, I'd learned HTML and CSS and built my first website and there was no holding me back, I went thru a series of faster and faster PCs and modems till I finally got a really good PC and broadband internet.

But I can't make heads nor tails of Reddit. It's the most disorganized mess I've ever seen.

Andria

Letitia9 and susieqz like this.
  18. susieqz

susieqz Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    i need the like button.
    when i start a thread, i want people to know i appreciate
    it when they are kind enow to reply.

MrMeowgi, ajvapes, AndriaD and 2 others like this.
  19. ajvapes

ajvapes Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    :nothingtoadd:

Letitia9 likes this.