Become a Patron!

Pizzadave reviews - The Vaptio N1 Pro Kit

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For this review, I am going to cover everything you need to know about the Vaptio N1 Pro kit. This product was sent to me for the purpose of this review from Jason at Vivakita. Here……we…..GO!

box.jpg

Overview: BIG and BEAUTIFUL.

Right out the gate, the first thing I noticed was the size of this mod. It has some heft to it, but with heft comes a sense of quality when handling it. They market this mod has being very classy and it definitely achieves that. The curves, color screen, and the color combinations all go well together to form a nice looking device. The matte color of my white model was easy to grip and not slippery in any way. Props to Vaptio on making a really great looking device.

in hand 2.jpg

Here is can be seen compared to a Minkin V2. The N1 towers over the Minikin in 2 battery mode. In 3 battery mode it is even more massive.

2 batt minikin.jpg
3 batt minikin.jpg
The battery doors of the N1 feel well built with + and - being marked clearly on all parts of the device.

doors.jpg

SCREEN

The first and most noticeable feature is the color screen. It is not large, but with the implementation of color, it adds a clarity to it I have not seen on a screen so small. The menu system is really easy to follow, but I found the curve screens to be a bit more difficult to set up due to the screen size. Setting up curves for temperature or wattage require you to turn the device sideways, clicking the fire button to select each line on the horizontal axis which represents the time. You then set the desired temperature or wattage, then click fire, move over, click fire for the next line and set it as well. You do this all the way down the horizontal axis, which is full of 20 points of control. The NICE part about this device is it gives you 3 memory files for these curves, which can limit how many times you actually have to mess with the wonky curves screen. One simple thing they did was stuck to whole numbers on the main screen. Tenths and hundredths of watts….who needs that level of adjustment anyway?

Stock photo from Vaptio
VAPTIO_N1-PRO-240W-KIT_E_Cig_Vape_06.width-2560.jpg

FORM FACTOR

This device can be configured in two or three battery mode by changing the battery door. In two battery mode, the device is rated at 200W, and in three battery mode, it is rated at 240W. This mod is large in two battery mode, and very large in three battery mode, but it seemed to be more ergonomic for me in three battery mode. The tapered shape and curves of the 3rd battery door felt great, and made it much more pleasant in the hand. It definitely has some weight to it, but gives it a feel of quality. The only thing I don’t like about the shape of the mod is the “pedestal” design to the 510. This limits what tanks look good on this tank, and is limited to 25mm without looking odd. The mod is large enough, and the pin is centered enough. If they would have made the top smooth, it could have accommodated larger atomizers with ease.

The photos below show the 510 pedestal with Sherman 28mm RDA.
sherman overhang.jpg sherman side.jpg

FROGMAN TANK

The tank that came with this kit is the 2ml version of their Frogman tank. I was also sent the 5ml Frogman XL. I chose to skip right over the smaller one, since there is nothing I hate more than refilling repeatedly. This is a really nice sub ohm tank. The top fill cap is something I have not seen before. With just a 120 degree twist, it pops right up and off. This eliminates the use of rubber to seal the top, and it works well. I never saw leaking on any parts of this tank. Nothing from the top cap. Nothing from the air flow. Not even little drips around the cap after a fill. The tank is Baby Beast compatible, but comes with a set of really nice coils. The life of them is better than any coils I have used from Smok, and flavor is decent. I am normally an RTA vapor, but I can see myself using this tank quite a bit in the future. Colored glass options, a comfortable factory drip tip, coil life, flavor, fill design, style, and being leak free make the Frogman XL one of the most appealing sub ohm tanks I have tried.

frogman tank.jpg frogman box.jpg

SUMMARY

The device is big and heavy. It also gets rather warm when chain vaping over 100 watts. The 510 pedestal design makes any tank over 25mm appear to overhang, without overhanging the mod itself. If these few flaws don’t turn you off then you can have yourself a really nice mod for an affordable price. It looks great, and it performs just as well as it looks. I am really enjoying the mod, and foresee it getting a lot of use in my everyday life.

contents.jpg

The Vaptio N1 Pro Kit can be purchased from Vaptio.com for $107 for the white models, and $109.90 for the black models.

https://vaptio.com/productbuy/productbuy_119/

THANKS FOR READING!
Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pizza Dave, good review brother... very nice looking mod... looks a solid mod except for the getting warm shit!! Good lawd it’s 2017/2018 they still can’t get it right... nice starter kit for a not so new to vaping... keep it up

I BAM

VU Sponsors