Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Intake RTA by Augvape

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews. Today I will go over the much anticipated Intake RTA by Augvape. The Intake is collaboration between Mike Vapes and Augvape. With the intake, you get yourself a single coil RTA that has bottom air flow that is fed from the top. Many of the top air flow RTAs released today have channels which bring air down to the sides of the coils, but I have not seen one that brings it completely down and under for a bottom air flow like experience. This one incorporates some unique innovation, great build quality, and a design that looks great on just about any device. I will go over the build deck, how that air flow works, and give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

jrRn7Z6.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Intake RTA

- 1 4.2ml bubble glass

- 1 2.5ml straight glass

- 1 low profile resin 810 drip tip

- 1 510 drip tip adapter

- 1 bag of spare parts

- Available in Black, Stainless, Blue, and Gunmetal

vSbR5Cc.jpg

BUILD DECK

The build deck on the intake utilizes two slotted posts which place the coil right between the two air flow tubes (more on that later). At first glance it looks a bit crammed in there, but there it is surprisingly spacious and easy to fit many builds in. I have installed 3 different builds in this deck. Two of them were wrapped the “right” way where the coil leads laid flat into the posts and the third build the coils where wrapped in a fashion that require me to bend the coil leads at a 90 to installed. Either way it works for however your coils are wrapped, but I did find that it worked a lot easier when the leads laid flat. Like I said above, the posts are slotted on the side, which makes it a breeze to install the coils. The only thing to watch for on this deck is ensure the coils aren’t touching against the air flow intake tubes and high enough off the bottom to avoid touching the bottom of the deck and have enough space for the air flow to come up and around the coils. I have some pictures below that represent how I installed my coils.

VMuf5RP.jpg

Ysf7DdL.jpg

aGB75xN.jpg

WICKING

It took me a few tries to get wicking down with this rta. I experience a lot of dry hits using my standard method of cotton pads snug in the coil, thinned ends and slightly tucked into the wicking holes. I tinkered with this many times and found that this is one of those “less is more” situations. I thinned the ends a little more, and hardly tucked them into the channels. My first few attempts were fails because I had the cotton too snug in the channels. If I used native wicks, cotton bacon, coil master pro cotton, or vape fly firefly cotton, the results were all similar and over cramming those wicking slots will lead to failure. Cutting the cotton so it is hardly in those channels seems to be the ticket and I have had zero issues with it keeping up. A perk of this air flow design is that it would be almost impossible to leak if wicking is too thin. The most that can happen is the air flow tubes flood and will cause some gurgling until it is cleared out, but it would take a horrendous wicking job to have a full blown leak.

qG6H5A2.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

So, you’ve seen the build deck, you’ve seen my battles with wicking, but the main attraction is the bottom air flow fed from the top. It is highly innovative, but does innovative mean better? What I found was the intake tubes are not large enough to provide a ton of air flow. Many of the other single coil top air flow rtas on the market use a channel that is larger than these tubes and they can provide a very airy experience, but with restriction of the tubes this produces a restricted lung hit even when the air flow is wide open. I have used the Geekvape Zeus Single and the Vapefly Horus and felt the flavor and vapor on each of them was just a touch better than the Intake. The vape is not bad on this by any means and I think many will greatly enjoy the draw from it. It is a nice, smooth, restricted lung hit and there are many times when I don’t want to vape on something with a ton of air flow.

PNvLVvH.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Mike Vapes and Augvape went for innovation and what we got is a nice little performer. The way the air flow comes down and under is just cool and provides bottom air flow with a small chance for leaking. The build deck is a breeze and with some trial and error the wicking can be perfected. I think one of my favorite aspects of this device is the looks. The way the top cap is machined adds character and the low-profile drip tip meets the lips perfectly. This uses a quick turn top cap like a Geekvape Zeus and has large refill ports for easy filling. Liquid capacity lasts a long time when running at 50w thanks to the 4.2ml bubble glass. As silly as it is, this bubble glass is probably one of the best-looking versions I have seen. It looks like it is supposed to be that way, where some bubbles are just over aggressive and stick way out. The build quality is great, and everything fits together just as it should. The flavor I get from this is good and I enjoy the more restricted air flow that this provides. The lists of pros outweigh the cons on this one, so I can safely recommend this for anyone that is looking for a single coil rta with a restricted lung hit.

Wa31KG6.jpg

8gSZmUN.jpg

PROS

- Design

- Air flow innovation

- Beautiful styling and color options

- Easy to build on

- No leaking

- Great drip tip options

- Good capacity with bubble glass

- Quick turn top fill

- Affordable price point

- Lots of spare parts

CONS

- Wicking takes trial and error

- Machining on the deck is kind of crude

- Post screws appear prone to stripping over time

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my review, and thank you to Augvape for sending it my way for review. If you are interested in picking one of these up, I did some searched and am seeing it all over the internet for about $30-40.

https://www.vapordna.com/Augvape-Intake-24mm-RTA-p/augint.htm

https://myvpro.com/augvape-intake-rta-designed-by-mike-vapes/

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors