Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Reviews - The Feedlink Revvo kit by Aspire

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Feedlink Revvo by Aspire. As always, I keep my reviews unbiased, but this device was sent to me by Health Cabin for review. The Feedlink is one of the more recent releases by Aspire and is essentially a hybrid sub-ohm/squonk device which combines their Revvo Boost tank with a squonking mod. Let’s dive down in and see if Aspire’s innovative idea functions as good in real life as it does on paper!

IOIKm0N.jpg

h1Y5lYC.jpg

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Feedlink Squonk Mod

- 1 Revvo Boost Tank

- 2 Arc Coils that come in at about .10-.14 ohms

- 1 Spare glass

- Pack of O-rings

- User manual, warranty card, and some warning cards

- Available in Silver/Silver, Silver/Black, Silver/Resin, Black/Blue, and Black/Resin

2KpsejI.jpg

FEATURES

The Feedlink Revvo is a simple device which operates off a single 18650 battery. It is a single button device, with a squonk pin, and a revamped Boost Sub-Ohm tank for squonking so there isn’t really a lot to go over here. The obvious feature that sticks out the most is the 7ml squonk bottle and when combined with the 2ml Revvo Boost tank gives you a whopping 9ml of juice capacity in a very small package. This is a non-regulated device, so the voltage is solely based on what the battery voltage is at. It does however have an LED indicator which flashes to represent battery level. It is simple to use and has no frills.

FxqMBKc.jpg

OPERATION

5 clicks on, 5 clicks off. That is the only button combination needed to operate the Feedlink. The only other thing to keep an eye out for are the LEDs on the button which represent the battery level.

Battery indications are as follows:

- SOLID BLUE – 50-100% battery

- PINK/BLUE – 20-50% battery

- PINK – Less than 20%

While I love that there are LEDs on this, they are placed on the button and only on when firing. This means that to see these, you must hold your thumb or finger all wonky on the button just to check. Granted, one can “feel” when the battery is getting low, but this LED placement was not well thought out. I found that if I started the day with a full tank and full squonk bottle, the bottle would get to about the 30% mark and then the battery would start to flash PINK/BLUE. When the battery is low, you will find the biggest con of the device, the battery door. I can’t stand the threaded cap on this battery, as it is a major pain to change. There is nothing to grab, and it cross threads a ton. It gets a little better over time, but there were times when I would spend what felt like an eternity just changed a single battery. Aspire failed on this part and failed in a big way.

SQUONKING

I will start off by talking about filling the bottle. To remove the squonk bottle, turn the bottom of the bottle a quarter turn and out it comes along with the outer bottle assembly that holds it in place. The mod has a rubber gasket where it meets the bottle on top and seems to keep a good seal where they mesh as I didn’t experience any leaking. To refill, the top of the bottle screws off and provides a nice wide opening to fill. If desired, a smaller tip bottle can be pressed right onto the top of the bottom and filled that way as well! Even though it has a metal tube within, I never felt that when squonking so that’s a pro for me. It is also very satisfying to squonk and watch the Revvo tank fill up when empty.

av4PeKb.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

During my test period I used this primarily with the Revvo Boost tank. I did do a short test with a Dead Rabbit SQ and it provides a vape that is about the same as some lower priced mechanical squonks on the market (pulse box, Athena, Ram box). The flavor from the Revvo is mediocre at best. I like their idea, but it is poorly executed. I had a much better vape from the Dead Rabbit SQ than I get from the Revvo, and since I ran the DR first it kind of ruined me for the remainder of the review. The air flow is smooth, and the idea of squonking to refill the tank is great, but the flavor is just not quite there. I have a friend that re-wicked his with regular cotton and found that it boosted the flavor tremendously, so there is hope that this coil style can be improved. A subjective con for me is that I received a silver/silver mod, and the tank is black. It just doesn’t look right.

PROS

- Simple to change coils

- Smooth air flow

- Adds 2ml of liquid to a squonker

CONS

- Flavor is lacking

- No matchy matchy to mod

PRE-FILLING THE TANK

UyYahV0.jpg

View of the coils

PPOtDYm.jpg

Dead Rabbit SQ on Top

ikOlbKR.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Feedlink Revvo kit is something that is very innovative. I like how they melded a squonker with a tank as it provides great juice capacity without having a large tank on top. The device is very ergonomic and just feels great in hand. The single button operation, simple, user friendly squonk bottle, and battery indications make it ideal for beginners or people just wanting to dabble with squonking. I feel it works best with a different single coil atomizer, but as a kit it isn’t terrible. The two big cons of the device are the battery indications, and the battery cap. You can’t see the LEDs easily, and changing the battery is a major pain in the butt. I honestly got to the point where I didn’t even want to use this all thanks to the terrible battery screw cap. It wasn’t even work the hassle of installing a battery, and that is not good. I think that Aspire has a great idea here, and they did great on many parts of it, but the cons outweighed the pros for me and if I broke or lost this one I would not seek out a replacement.

PROS

- Compact

- Ergonomic

- Simple to use

CONS

- LED indicators are placed under the button and can’t be seen when vaping

- The battery screw cap is awful

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Health Cabin for sending it my way for review! If you are interested in checking out this device head on over the Aspire website for more information and Health Cabin has them in stock.

https://www.healthcabin.net/aspire-...-kit-with-revvo-boost-tank-resin-p/18114.html

https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits504.html

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors