Become a Patron!

Pizza Dave Delivers - A Kit Review - The MVP5 Ajax Kit by Innokin

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape Reviews and today I will be going over the MVP5 Ajax kit by Innokin. The MVP series of devices has been around for a long time and in their heyday were some of the most popular around. They also were known to bring in some new features to the game and the MVP5 is no exception. This device features a built-in battery, robust design, and several new features geared towards outdoorsman (and women) everywhere. Once I get into the features, you will see what I mean. Let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Innokin for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Innokin MVP5 Mod
  • 1 Innokin Ajax Tank
  • 1 Ajax Plex 3d .16-ohm coil
  • 1 Ajax Plex 3d .35-ohm coil
  • 1 Replacement Bubble Glass
  • Spare parts bag
  • USB-C Charging Cable
  • Lanyard

- Available in forest, white, gray, black, and sand

STOCK SHOT
NqeIoUR.jpg

PACKAGING
KLgSSbB.jpg

UNBOXED
DYNi3Rg.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

• Measurements – 141mm (with tank) x 27mm x 53mm
  • Range – 6-120w
  • Battery – Built-in 5200mah
  • Material – Some sort of metal internal frame with plastic around the outside
  • Atomizer Compatibility – 24mm without overhang
  • Notable features – Compass, Flashlight, temp. sensor, altimeter, barometric pressure sensor.

OPERATION

Alright, so this device has a lot going on. I am going to try and keep this simple and to the point or else this is going to get super wordy and I don’t think anybody wants to sit through that. Start off with a good old 3 click of the fire button and this will turn off and on like we would expect from Innokin.

• Pressing up and down together will put the screen in stealth mode, which basically just dims it down quite a ways.
  • Down and the enter button brings up battery voltage, atomizer resistance, and some other misc. info.
  • Up and the enter button locks out the entire device.
  • Pressing the enter button three times gets into the main menu with the following sub menus.
    • Wattage – with different boost settings, but also ranges of wattage for Ajax and Z coils. These detect the resistance of those coils and only allow you to adjust within the range of that coil.
    • TC Mode – SS, Ti, Ni, TCR, and change between C and F.
    • Cutoff – Set the max vape time in seconds
    • Puffs – View or clear the puff counter
    • Display – Adjust color, brightness, and screen timer
    • Sensors – Brings up a whole new screen with a compass, temp sensor, altimeter, and barometric pressure reading. Pretty cool actually, but useless for many.
    • System – set clock, passkey, ID, version, or reset to factory.

Alright, so there is a lot jammed into this one, so it takes a little bit to navigate. However, the menu is laid out clear and concise and leaves little to wonder about. I didn’t have to fumble around with button combos or anything of the sort. There is one last operation segment and that is the flashlight. There is a button on the bottom. Press that and the light will come on and bring up a menu on the screens to allow the user to select what type of flashlight mode you want. It is a bright, and actually usable flashlight! The bottom also has a USB port so this can be used as a power bank in a pinch.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HOW IT VAPES

Ok, so this is going to encapsulate a few things. First off, I started with this as a kit and vaped it with the Ajax tank. Tis pairing works well together and as expected, the coils ramp up super quick and it powers them well, but more on the tank later. The mod itself actually works really great. I found that vaping atomizers between 60-90w was no problem at all and the battery lasted all day. It actually went two full workdays at 75w, which I found to be friggin’ sweet. I don’t TC often but did run a quick test with this one. RDA, round SS coils, set to 400, and I’ll be damned! It did TC pretty damn good. I had no issues with dry hits and felt a smooth taper off when it was starting to get dryer. Preheat in TC mode is adjusted by holding down up or down until that portion is highlighted, and it goes from 25-120w. No complaints with the SS settings from them, which leads me to think TC lovers can really dial this in with the TCR mode. So yeah… so far so good, but as a kit I must cover the Ajax tank.

AJAX TANK REVIEW

The Ajax is a resin and metal tank which matches the triangular badge on the side of the device. It looks good, even thought the drip tips look cheap as hell. Overall build quality is typical by today’s standards and these utilize a new line of Ajax 3d mesh coils. One is .16-ohms and advertised as direct lung and the other is .35-ohms and is designed for MTL. Both of these are direct lung coils, with just different levels of airflow. I found both to have decent flavor and overall performance throughout the lifespan which might be the only con. I found them to struggle after about 5 refills or so, which is average at best by today’s standards. On the bright side, I never had leaking as the cotton broke down and it makes for an OK kit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TANK PROS

• Decent flavor
  • Matches the mod well
  • No leaking issues

TANK CONS

• Coil life isn’t the greatest
  • Slide fill top gets loose and WILL pop open in a bag or large pocket
  • Air flow adjustment binds at times

PHOTO GALLERY

MVP5 Ajax Kit Album
APUn7qw.jpg

T1KsQUC.jpg

oGru55p.jpg

oskbVEr.jpg

okrsE9W.jpg

4oS616P.jpg

gMiKl9q.jpg

g3i25LW.jpg

75gH6wC.jpg

k9SRTjx.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

I don’t have a whole lot that is BAD about this kit. The device is packed with a lot of cool features and functions well with wattage and temp control. The extra bits with flashlight, power bank, and sensors are nothing I need on my mod, but someone might find them useful. I like the display and menu system. It is all intuitive and easy to read. I also like their settings for their own brand coils, limiting the wattage range for the given coil (AWESOME FOR BEGINNERS). Battery life from the large 5200mah battery is also great and the charging display is really neat. With all of these good things, I do have a few nitpicky things I don’t like. First off, it is a bit large and clunky. Secondly, the built-in battery is great, but takes a while to charge and you must remember to charge as you can’t just toss a new set in when you want to use it. The outer body is covered in plastic which gives it a cheap feel. The last con is the menu buttons, as they are a little bit too close together. Many of these cons are nothing that are deal breakers, with built-in battery probably being the largest one to keep in mind when purchasing. I like it, I don’t love it, but I like their enthusiasm and innovation. It’s different, which makes it cool. You know what else is cool? All of you readers, for sticking though and checking out my thoughts. You have a good one!

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? No. I really don’t like the battery stresses of a built-in battery. If it was removable, I would lean more the other way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Solid feel
  • Tons of features
  • Nice display
  • Nice Menu
  • Good wattage and TC performance

CONS

• Bit bulky
  • Plastic shell feels cheap
  • Buttons are too close together
  • Built-in battery is a pro or con for some…. con for me

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Innokin for sending this my way for review. I am seeing the kits online for roughly $70.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

VU Sponsors