Become a Patron!

PIZZA DAVE DELIVERS - A KIT REVIEW - THE CAMPBEL BY SMOANT

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Campbel Kit by Smoant. This kit is something that is totally new to the market that I have not seen before. The Campbel is designed to blend vapor with liquids via a dual tank system. This 80w device utilizes a single 18650 battery, has all of the basic protections, and comes complete with the Campbel Atomizer which blends two totally different things into one unique experience. Let’s dive down in, see what makes this baby tick, and as always I will give me final thoughts down at the bottom.

DISCLAIMER: This kit was sent to me by Smoant for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 – Campbel 80w Mod
  • 1 – Campbel Tank
  • 1 – Campbel Ni80 coil
  • 2 – Replacement glass tubes
  • 1 – Spare parts bag
  • 1 – User Manual, warranty cards, and all the other usual paperwork

Available in Black, Gold, and Blue

STOCK SHOT
Ty2q8A6.jpg

PACKAGING
1AXgX9S.jpg

UNBOXED
VeZfcjT.jpg

OPERATION

I kind of have to flush my format when typing up this review. It is something that is outside the normal realm of things, and makes it a bit tricky. Out of the gate, the mod portion of the device is very simplistic. 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off and it has 3 green led bars which represent the battery level. It features a bottom hinging battery door for a single 18650, and beyond that there isn’t a ton to know. The leds flash to indicate when there are faults and what not, and all of those can be found in the manual. It isn’t a terrible manual, as it is laid out in a basic format, but it is a typical manual these days which is translated into chopped up versions of our languages here and there. It is not overly complicated in regards to the tank section, as it is fairly straight forward and can be figured out with some tinkering.

CAMPBEL TANK

The tank is the main attraction to this device, and is definitely not for those who like to carry their mods anywhere. It is a ridiculously tall device, measuring in at over 5 inches in total length between the vape tank, and the “filter” tank. A pull from the top reveals a simple tank section like many of us are used to seeing. It has a coil, has a threaded top fill, and some o-rings, and is a bit messy to fill as it isn’t the most convenient design. The e-liquid section holds 2ml of juice. The “filter” portion, which holds your drink of choice, is filled by unscrewing the top cap from the lower portion. Everything threads together relatively well, and the complexity of this system is rather fun to behold. Once the top is open, it too is straight forward. Pour in a drink that you want to blend with, and fill up to the max level marking. This holds roughly 3ml of liquid. If you overfill this tank, it still works, but not as smoothly as it does when it is kept to the max level. The capacity of the e-liquid tank sucks down rather quickly, but the drink remains the same level for a long time. With many drinks, I found the flavor starts to dwindle down in a short amount of time and requires a swap out. The real answer to this very complex tank is how it vapes, so let’s hit that now.

HOW IT VAPES

When I first saw this, I figured there was no way in heck it was going to work the way they say it does. However, it actually does as advertised. I tried it with a few different sodas and e-liquids. The vaping experience is pretty wild, as it is basically a water bong. The e-liquid is atomized, flows up into the “filter” section, bubbles like crazy, and releases vapor that is a mix of the e-liquid with a slight taste of the soda. I put some straight strawberry e-liquid in and vaped it with cola, and bam…strawberry cola. I vaped a grape, with sprite, and…..kind of a grape soda flavor came out. The soda flavors aren’t super predominant, but they are there. They stand out more when it is freshly filled. When not in use, you can twist the drip tip and close off the top portion. This keeps it from pouring out everywhere if it tips over. The e-liquid capacity goes fast, and I had to fill it up after 10 minutes of vaping. It is a wild experience that is fun to play with, but practicality is not the name of the game here.

PHOTO GALLERY

exaTgJN.jpg

8r7NIoj.jpg

NY5TZ71.jpg

OLNfiLN.jpg

YkZKgNm.jpg

9i3dxD8.jpg

ePOBYmd.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Smoant came up with something no one was asking for with this kit, but it is innovative. I can see it being somewhat popular just because it is so different and fun to play around with. Overall, the construction of the tank is complex, yet simple enough to take apart and clean up. Sticky sodas will dry into the “filter” section and a rinse of hot water takes care of that. The mod portion feels cheap, and is super lightweight. It could be heavier to balance it out and avoid tip-overs, but it is what it is. I enjoyed mixing and matching e-liquids and sodas to see what kind of tasty creations I could come up with. However, I didn’t take this anywhere with me. There are a few reasons for that. One, it’s huge and not portable or pocket friendly in any way. I mean, look at the pic next to an Aegis legend. It towers over it. The second thing that kept it home and lonely is the fear of leaking. Sure the top closes down to contain the soda of choice, but I still didn’t want it spilling anywhere if I forgot to close it or something. The last thing that kept it shelved was how ridiculous I look with this massive thing in my mouth. I don’t need to draw any weird attention to my vaping, let alone puffing off a half foot long atomizer. Sure it is fun, and it does work, but it has a limited market out there. I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be used for those who vape the “special” e-liquid more than those who vape standard e-liquid. I can’t give ya’ll a yes or no on this one, as it is such an oddity. I can only ask a question. Do you want a unique vaping experience? If you said yes, then maybe the Campbel is right up your alley.

PROS

• Unique vaping experience
  • Battery lasts through several tanks of e-liquid
  • Works as advertised
  • Fun to mix and match flavors
  • Affordable price point

CONS

• Not practical
  • Not portable
  • E-liquid consumption = frequent refills
  • Messy refills due to odd top cap on e-liquid tank

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Smoant for sending it my way for review. It is just barely on the market right now, so the price point varies a lot. I am seeing $60-90 on pre-order, but who knows where it will be once it is fully released. Since this is such a wild device, I would love to start a conversation here and see what your thoughts are. I know many are shunning this one on social media just based on looks alone, so let’s chat and see ya’ll think!

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

I am an open book, and am free to answer questions in the comments to help you make decisions based on my opinions and experience with all devices I review

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thing is FUNKY.
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Campbel Kit by Smoant. This kit is something that is totally new to the market that I have not seen before. The Campbel is designed to blend vapor with liquids via a dual tank system. This 80w device utilizes a single 18650 battery, has all of the basic protections, and comes complete with the Campbel Atomizer which blends two totally different things into one unique experience. Let’s dive down in, see what makes this baby tick, and as always I will give me final thoughts down at the bottom.

DISCLAIMER: This kit was sent to me by Smoant for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 – Campbel 80w Mod
  • 1 – Campbel Tank
  • 1 – Campbel Ni80 coil
  • 2 – Replacement glass tubes
  • 1 – Spare parts bag
  • 1 – User Manual, warranty cards, and all the other usual paperwork

Available in Black, Gold, and Blue

STOCK SHOT
Ty2q8A6.jpg

PACKAGING
1AXgX9S.jpg

UNBOXED
VeZfcjT.jpg

OPERATION

I kind of have to flush my format when typing up this review. It is something that is outside the normal realm of things, and makes it a bit tricky. Out of the gate, the mod portion of the device is very simplistic. 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off and it has 3 green led bars which represent the battery level. It features a bottom hinging battery door for a single 18650, and beyond that there isn’t a ton to know. The leds flash to indicate when there are faults and what not, and all of those can be found in the manual. It isn’t a terrible manual, as it is laid out in a basic format, but it is a typical manual these days which is translated into chopped up versions of our languages here and there. It is not overly complicated in regards to the tank section, as it is fairly straight forward and can be figured out with some tinkering.

CAMPBEL TANK

The tank is the main attraction to this device, and is definitely not for those who like to carry their mods anywhere. It is a ridiculously tall device, measuring in at over 5 inches in total length between the vape tank, and the “filter” tank. A pull from the top reveals a simple tank section like many of us are used to seeing. It has a coil, has a threaded top fill, and some o-rings, and is a bit messy to fill as it isn’t the most convenient design. The e-liquid section holds 2ml of juice. The “filter” portion, which holds your drink of choice, is filled by unscrewing the top cap from the lower portion. Everything threads together relatively well, and the complexity of this system is rather fun to behold. Once the top is open, it too is straight forward. Pour in a drink that you want to blend with, and fill up to the max level marking. This holds roughly 3ml of liquid. If you overfill this tank, it still works, but not as smoothly as it does when it is kept to the max level. The capacity of the e-liquid tank sucks down rather quickly, but the drink remains the same level for a long time. With many drinks, I found the flavor starts to dwindle down in a short amount of time and requires a swap out. The real answer to this very complex tank is how it vapes, so let’s hit that now.

HOW IT VAPES

When I first saw this, I figured there was no way in heck it was going to work the way they say it does. However, it actually does as advertised. I tried it with a few different sodas and e-liquids. The vaping experience is pretty wild, as it is basically a water bong. The e-liquid is atomized, flows up into the “filter” section, bubbles like crazy, and releases vapor that is a mix of the e-liquid with a slight taste of the soda. I put some straight strawberry e-liquid in and vaped it with cola, and bam…strawberry cola. I vaped a grape, with sprite, and…..kind of a grape soda flavor came out. The soda flavors aren’t super predominant, but they are there. They stand out more when it is freshly filled. When not in use, you can twist the drip tip and close off the top portion. This keeps it from pouring out everywhere if it tips over. The e-liquid capacity goes fast, and I had to fill it up after 10 minutes of vaping. It is a wild experience that is fun to play with, but practicality is not the name of the game here.

PHOTO GALLERY

exaTgJN.jpg

8r7NIoj.jpg

NY5TZ71.jpg

OLNfiLN.jpg

YkZKgNm.jpg

9i3dxD8.jpg

ePOBYmd.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Smoant came up with something no one was asking for with this kit, but it is innovative. I can see it being somewhat popular just because it is so different and fun to play around with. Overall, the construction of the tank is complex, yet simple enough to take apart and clean up. Sticky sodas will dry into the “filter” section and a rinse of hot water takes care of that. The mod portion feels cheap, and is super lightweight. It could be heavier to balance it out and avoid tip-overs, but it is what it is. I enjoyed mixing and matching e-liquids and sodas to see what kind of tasty creations I could come up with. However, I didn’t take this anywhere with me. There are a few reasons for that. One, it’s huge and not portable or pocket friendly in any way. I mean, look at the pic next to an Aegis legend. It towers over it. The second thing that kept it home and lonely is the fear of leaking. Sure the top closes down to contain the soda of choice, but I still didn’t want it spilling anywhere if I forgot to close it or something. The last thing that kept it shelved was how ridiculous I look with this massive thing in my mouth. I don’t need to draw any weird attention to my vaping, let alone puffing off a half foot long atomizer. Sure it is fun, and it does work, but it has a limited market out there. I have a sneaking suspicion that this will be used for those who vape the “special” e-liquid more than those who vape standard e-liquid. I can’t give ya’ll a yes or no on this one, as it is such an oddity. I can only ask a question. Do you want a unique vaping experience? If you said yes, then maybe the Campbel is right up your alley.

PROS

• Unique vaping experience
  • Battery lasts through several tanks of e-liquid
  • Works as advertised
  • Fun to mix and match flavors
  • Affordable price point

CONS

• Not practical
  • Not portable
  • E-liquid consumption = frequent refills
  • Messy refills due to odd top cap on e-liquid tank

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Smoant for sending it my way for review. It is just barely on the market right now, so the price point varies a lot. I am seeing $60-90 on pre-order, but who knows where it will be once it is fully released. Since this is such a wild device, I would love to start a conversation here and see what your thoughts are. I know many are shunning this one on social media just based on looks alone, so let’s chat and see ya’ll think!

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

I am an open book, and am free to answer questions in the comments to help you make decisions based on my opinions and experience with all devices I review

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors