Become a Patron!

PG/VG ?

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So let's say I want to pre-mix something I regularly use such as a 50/50 blend of PG/VG
Can someone please help me with the mathematical calculations as to how to accomplish this.

So as an example, let's say I have a 120ml bottle that I want to pre-mix a 50/50 blend of PG/VG
Tell me how this is done. Please and thank you!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Since you don't mention, any amount of nicotine, nor percentage of flavor. You mix 60ml PG and 60ml VG. However, if you want to get into DIY juice, there are calculators (for free) that you can utilize, e. g. http://ejuice.breaktru.com.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, so you are saying I can use any DIY juice calculator and just mix up a batch of PG/VG and Nic to save for a later time when I want to add my concentrates?
I kind of actually wanted to understand the math behind it.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
OK, so you are saying I can use any DIY juice calculator and just mix up a batch of PG/VG and Nic to save for a later time when I want to add my concentrates?
I kind of actually wanted to understand the math behind it.
Why make things complicated? The calculator, I linked to, is utilized by a lot of people here in this forum, including myself.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Brian, I make a 300ml nic base of 11mg at a time, then I use that as I need to make juice. Big time saver. I don't account for the reduction of thie nic mg in the final mix. It's not that much different that I notice.

I use the calculator he posted.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why make things complicated? The calculator, I linked to, is utilized by a lot of people here in this forum, including myself.
Thanks for the feedback Neunerball, I am unable to download this calculator you are referring to. I do use the one @ eliquidrecipes though because it is available online and I can easily access it from a browser on my mobile device.

Brian, I make a 300ml nic base of 11mg at a time, then I use that as I need to make juice. Big time saver. I don't account for the reduction of thie nic mg in the final mix. It's not that much different that I notice.

I use the calculator he posted.
Thanks Huckle, I will use some calculator to do what I'd like to accomplish.
My question was originally posted because I actually wanted to know the math behind the calculation.
Maybe I will just move right along...

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure we understand what mathematical problem you're trying to solve.

If it's 50/50 PG/VG, the answer is simple - for 120 ml it's 60 ml of each.

If you're trying to solve for a predetermined amount of nic and flavoring, we'd need to know the strength and composition of your nic base, plus the percentage of flavor you're anticipating your recipes will use...

I personally make big batches of 3.5 mg nic base using 100% PG 100 mg nic and 100% VG to dilute - this works out to 3.5/96.5 PG/VG base. If I'm using about 6.5% flavor (in the ballpark for FA flavors, for others you'll probably use more PG-based flavoring), I end up with a 10/90 mix at about 3.28 mg nic - close enough to my 3 mg target for me, even closer if I mix in some weaker flavors like TFA or CAP, though my PG/VG ratio trends more toward the PG side. When mixing bulk base you're always going to end up with a ballpark result unless you use the exact same percentage of flavoring for every mix, which very few people do.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure we understand what mathematical problem you're trying to solve.

If it's 50/50 PG/VG, the answer is simple - for 120 ml it's 60 ml of each.
Sorry, I am slow and horrible at math.
This answered my question thank you!
That was exactly what I was seeking for.

VU Sponsors