Become a Patron!

PG flavor

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I can't seem to search worth a damn on the tapatalk app.

I am new to vaping, but I'm a DIY guy by nature and quickly jumped into making my own juice.

I keep seeing claims on the web that PG is "tasteless" or "nearly tasteless" or "mildly sweet".

Are the "tasteless" claims referring to the liquid or the vapor?

I'm asking because the PG I bought sure the hell doesn't match these descriptions, at least not as far as tasting the actual liquid.

I would call it strongly bitter and sweet. It reminds me of artificial sweeteners like Sweet-n-Low. Frankly, I think it tastes terrible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I don't get sweet from PG. Some do. To me, it has warmth to it, makes me make a ":confused:" face, immediately followed by a drink of water, then a vape. I know the stuff I buy is fine. I've had really, REALLY bad tasting PG. The stuff I get from BCV is definitely better than most I've tried. Not horribly bitter, but still a warmth to it.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For what it's worth, I got mine from My Freedom Smokes. So, its meant for making juice and wasn't some random source.

I should also add that I am a super taster for certain things, and I get outrageous bitterness out of some things that other people don't detect.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, I'm sure. The VG is straight up thick and sweet. The PG is thin and saccharine tasting.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I'm sure. The VG is straight up thick and sweet. The PG is thin and saccharine tasting.

Oh you're in for it....you obviously have inherited an excellent sense of taste.. it's not a talent it just comes with the rest of your genes like big ears and lousy teeth....it really helps in the vaping world to have the palatte of a horses ass, then you can stomach most of the shit that passes for artisan e juice......like good food ....if you have a highly developed sense of taste hunt down and buy the highest quality ingredents for your juice.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Part of the reason I decided to start mixing my own was that I bought a good sized bottle of juice at the recommendation of a shop owner.

"One of the best I have ever tasted," he said.

It's terrible. Like inhaling sweet tart candy. Saturates my mouth, throat, and nose with a slick corn sugar sweetness that I can still taste 20 minutes after a pull.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep...I'm not sure how to explain it...there re very few juices I actually enjoy...I liked 5 pawns, and a company called dripezz, and a few others.......I'm not sure if it's inferior ingredients...I know that does play a big role......or whether it's people that have a lousy palette, but want to make money on vaping....how many people you know THINK they know how to cook.....or if it's people that have such a lousy palette that they simpely can't taste how horrible the drek they make is.....or if it's the nature of artifical flavorings....or if it's all of them combined......as a rule I vape natrually extracted tobaccos that I have extracted mixed myself....I've done a little mixing with artifical flavorings and am pretty dissapointed with the results.....I'm going to branch our into all natural extracts next.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LOL.

I am also a home beer brewer. That is a crowd that always thinks their concoctions are heavenly even when they taste like Satan's taint.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
well, look at a company like 5 pawns.... for over a year they only made 5 flavors for their entire juice line.....then you can go down to some vape store in a strip mall somewhere and the dufuss behind the counter has a "in house" juice line of 83 different flavors...you do the math....it'slike going to the international house of pancakes and sampeling their syrup bar....
"We have shit that tastes kinda like strawberry, crap that tastes sorta like blueberry, crud that's the same color as maple, toxic dump bosenberry...ect."
When I go to a restaraunt, and the have alot of dishes on the menu I leave.....there is no way to prepare that many different dishes and do justice to any of them.

Walker

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the tips. One of the juices I bought that I do really like is from a company that only makes 4 flavors. So... more focused on quality than quantity, as you said.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
To me pg tastes like chemicals and horrible.
I try and limit the pg in use of my juices to maybe some flavors.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To me pg tastes like chemicals and horrible.
I try and limit the pg in use of my juices to maybe some flavors.
They are coming out with some real interesting alternatives.....I may as well ask here has anybody heard of this "biobased PG" I don't know if it's for real or just a marketing ploy....It's a PG refined from corn or soybean,they say they are plant based.... and they say they aren't part of the petrochemical industry.......but I thought almost all of our PG was plant based as a byproduct of the biodesil industry......so wouldn't that make our standard PG plant based as well? anybody know anything about this.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
They are coming out with some real interesting alternatives.....I may as well ask here has anybody heard of this "biobased PG" I don't know if it's for real or just a marketing ploy....It's a PG refined from corn or soybean,they say they are plant based.... and they say they aren't part of the petrochemical industry.......but I thought almost all of our PG was plant based as a byproduct of the biodesil industry......so wouldn't that make our standard PG plant based as well? anybody know anything about this.
Since it kicks my tinnitus up to "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY??" levels I avoid it as much as possible. Petro byproduct or plant based.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gotta say PG doesn't agree with me either, but i keep looking....VG is a lousy flavor carrier and it is not coil friendly, I don't mind some, but it would be nice to find something else..... but there are a few new bases being put on the market.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
gotta say PG doesn't agree with me either, but i keep looking....VG is a lousy flavor carrier and it is not coil friendly, I don't mind some, but it would be nice to find something else..... but there are a few new bases being put on the market.
For tanks like the mother unit uses I thin it out with distilled water. For my RDA straight up mix, and heat bath, I would rather enjoy the subtle flavor than so much it makes you gag.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tru dat....but man it trashes coils...I use it in gennys, I don't really have a problem with it wicking I can build a ss mesh coil that will wick it just fine, and it does have a subtle charm that is nice, but i could wish a little more flavor....

VU Sponsors