Become a Patron!

PG Allergy

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guyz, got a question for ya. I have been using 80% VG or higher juice for awhile now as if I use anything with more than 20% PG I get sick and my mouth literally sheds. I was putting some My Man and Milk Man (80% VG) in a 30ml bottle and got 1 drop on my hand. Literally, one drop. The pic is 4 hours later (I did put some aloe vera lotion it).

Is this a PG allergy, or could it be the opposite, a VG allergy?

Thanks for any and all help.

1d02522ca42fb1ce814b1d21909b1509.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey guyz, got a question for ya. I have been using 80% VG or higher juice for awhile now as if I use anything with more than 20% PG I get sick and my mouth literally sheds. I was putting some My Man and Milk Man (80% VG) in a 30ml bottle and got 1 drop on my hand. Literally, one drop. The pic is 4 hours later (I did put some aloe vera lotion it).

Is this a PG allergy, or could it be the opposite, a VG allergy?

Thanks for any and all help.

1d02522ca42fb1ce814b1d21909b1509.jpg

A VG allergy is very rare. Most common is a PG allergy. As you have stated, you're doing better with 80VG eJuice. However, that allergic reaction could have been caused by the flavors used in your My Man and/or Milk Man. You should also show signs when your vaping those juices, similar to what you had with higher PG. In any case, only a doctor can tell you what actually is causing your issues.

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, made an appointment for Tues to get an allergy test. Preciate the responses guyz.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Your very Welcome and GOOD LUCK!

Hopefully it is nothing serious and maybe you just ate some bad shellfish! :tldr:

Argie3

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or switch to 100% VG... You may lose some taste, but at least you will get rid of the irritation...
Had some skin irritation myself, though not that bad... No such issues since turning to VG

VapeVillian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, did the test. I do have an allergy to PG and to honey of all things. Guess like Arg says, time to go pure VG or constantly wear gloves when using juices with PG in them.

Thanks again all

ggvaper

Member For 4 Years
Yeah, did the test. I do have an allergy to PG and to honey of all things. Guess like Arg says, time to go pure VG or constantly wear gloves when using juices with PG in them.

Thanks again all

if u r certain that u actually are allergic to pg then use only 100% vg as you could get the hives u had on ur hand or arm inside ur throat. that swelling would be called anaphylaxis or anaphylactic shock.. which could close ur airway..

Hello! I'm new here, started vaping about a month or two ago but strictly vaping and no ciggs for about a month. At first the place I went sold all Max VG juice but in the past couple of weeks I went to a place and got juices that I think are a 30pg/70vg. I want to say about a month ago I got three small white bumps on the top of my hand b/w my thumb and index finger that are very itchy. As time goes buy there are more bumps appearing. I thought it was this detergent i tried so i got a new one that i've used before and Im still getting bumps. Last night I started getting them on my upper arm too. I've read people can have an allergy to PG. Has anyone heard of or seen anyone else get tiny white itchy bumps on their hands or where ever b/c of the juice??? They don't always itch but at times somes really do. Any input would be great. The only other thing I saw and thought it could be was dyshidrotic eczema which can be very mild like my hands to extremely awful and horrible looking. My insurance is expensive so this doesn't warrant a visit unless it gets worse. Im going to go back to my max vg and maybe use an eczema cream for now. My hand bumps look similar to the above pic but mine aren't red.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello! I'm new here, started vaping about a month or two ago but strictly vaping and no ciggs for about a month. At first the place I went sold all Max VG juice but in the past couple of weeks I went to a place and got juices that I think are a 30pg/70vg. I want to say about a month ago I got three small white bumps on the top of my hand b/w my thumb and index finger that are very itchy. As time goes buy there are more bumps appearing. I thought it was this detergent i tried so i got a new one that i've used before and Im still getting bumps. Last night I started getting them on my upper arm too. I've read people can have an allergy to PG. Has anyone heard of or seen anyone else get tiny white itchy bumps on their hands or where ever b/c of the juice??? They don't always itch but at times somes really do. Any input would be great. The only other thing I saw and thought it could be was dyshidrotic eczema which can be very mild like my hands to extremely awful and horrible looking. My insurance is expensive so this doesn't warrant a visit unless it gets worse. Im going to go back to my max vg and maybe use an eczema cream for now. My hand bumps look similar to the above pic but mine aren't red.
see a doctor..that being said...I dont know about bumps,but I've read alot of accounts of people getting rashes and skin problems from vaping high PG juice.

VU Sponsors