Peppered Nic

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It behooves me to say that the last bottle of nicotine I got from Nude Nicotine tastes like someone emptied the pepper mill into it. Never had that problem with NicVape and right sure Vapers Tek will get my next order, but in the meantime is there anything one can do to tone it down?

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Do you use tobacco flavors? A lot of people find they like the effect of peppery nic with their tobaccos.

Tea flavors actually taste better to me with peppery nic. But that's it! And that's why I have such a large supply of rejected nic in storage. :confused:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use some tobaccos, yes, but very few. I've had this in the freezer for a month or so, since I got it.
Just a heads up, I used it to make the 60ml of your Lemon Meringue Pie yesterday and am heartbroken....pepper wasn't exactly an intended ingredient for this one and I sincerely hope it might tone down. :(

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know a lot of DIY'ers will test their nic before they freeze it , I have tasted peppery juices before, but haven't had that bother me.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's leaving a "hot spot" dead center of the front of my tongue...:confused:

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
70/30, so mostly vg.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I checked mine after that little scare was first announced and fortunately mine was nicotine batch A082. The vg number is the same, but I don't think they had a problem with that.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've heard its best to get pg based nic as it mixes better. Perhaps you could contaact them?

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have sent an email, just waiting for a reply.
I had actually considered a pg nic base at one time, just wasn't sure how it would effect the overall flavor of my mixes. Up until this order I'd always used 50/50, can't remember why I did the 70/30 on this one. May not have been an option, not sure. I normally bought from NicVape, their nicotine is excellent, but quite a bit higher in price than some of the others. I was given a Nude Nicotine link as a suggestion by another member and was very impressed with their prices, so I ordered from them. But if this is the normal taste of their nicotine, I'll definitely be going to Vaperstek.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great, please let us know what they say. If you order the 100 mg/ ml, you dont have to use much, so it shouldnt effect the ratio very much. Ive had their juice before, it was tasty, but the flavoring was fairly strong, could have masked the nic. On the whole, Nude isnt known for peppery nic that i am aware of.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one of those samples, but haven't used it yet. I think it's a 72mg, which was as strong as they offered it to me when I got it. Forgot about it, I'll use it and compare the tastes.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sorry to hear - I had good luck with my sampler I ordered a while back when I couldn't get any VT. I'm now stocked up for a while and happy with my VT, but until now I wouldn't have hesitated to use NN again, especially since a sample flavor they sent out to me tasted great and they're literally 5 miles up the road...

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Update.....NN did get back to me, asked if I'd tried mixing without flavoring to check the taste (not exactly....) and said they may not have had time to mix the solution as well as it should have been and the VG could have come "out of solution". (Although I did shake it pretty well before using, maybe it just wasn't enough) They did say it would likely mellow over time. They also suggested heat steeps to meld the nic and VG better. I don't heat steep most of my mixes, as I've lost flavor doing it to some. Guess I'll just have to shake it a little harder.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors