VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NO!! The two FA flavors I don't have LOL

*sigh* another order at Pure Vapes coming up!

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Only two?! I've passed on the florals and many of the tobaccos. Otherwise, I'm still missing Papaya, Pistachio and Champagne - Papaya thanks to a cock-up in one of my orders (got two chocolates, lol), and the other two have only recently been reformulated so they don't have diacetyl-etc.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have champagne - never used it, and I don't know if it's the reformulated one! Don't have many tobaccos though. Still missing quite a few, but not ones I find I need - yet LOL

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I really wanna try this. I emailed Nikhil about Black Pepper. He said he doesn't have it, but has always been curious about it. I told him I've read some great things about it (Hermit), so maybe he'll end up getting it. I've been wanting to try it a long time, but didn't want to get as much as 10mls, which is all I can find from vendors.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, 10ml would last a long time! I don't get through a huge amount of this mix, but I've probably vaped some every day since I made it. As a flavour swapper, it's nice to have something quite different to my staples of cookies/creams/fruit to swap to. That said, when I swap to it, I vape it for quite a while!

Here's a we2rcool comment on it:
Also, FA's Black Pepper adds a nice lil' zing of TH. It's an incredibly versatile flavor (particularly when used in small amounts). Black pepper is very 'traditional' in certain locations with fruits. Many people liberally douse various fruits and fruit salads with freshly ground black pepper. (We use it at .5% for a decided black pepper taste that doesn't totally overwhelm the recipe). We've got one we're calling "Iced Pipurri Lakrits" (icy-hot pepper licorice) in the testing phase now.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I thought Hermit ordered the tomato. You could add your Gin & make a sort of Bloody Mary?

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The Tomato Ripe has a very strong odour. I'm not brave enough! It smells more like puree than freshly cut tomato, IMO, so a Bloody Mary would be possible, perhaps. I'm not going to say it would be a good vape though!

OTOH, Cucumber smells just like a freshly cut cucumber, and the Pepper is quite mild - they really don't warrant being in the Brave section along with Crab!

If they could come up with a Tomato (Fresh) that was to tomato as Cucumber is to cucumber, I'd vape it :D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
The Tomato Ripe has a very strong odour. I'm not brave enough!

Awwww, c'mon. Maybe just a toothpick dipped in and swirled through a small tankful? Or a little taste on a saltine cracker?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My pepper and cucumber are in the mail :)

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Awwww, c'mon. Maybe just a toothpick dipped in and swirled through a small tankful?

No!

Or a little taste on a saltine cracker?

I just put one drop on a bit of bread. Letting it soak in. It now smells like tomato juice. Tastes like it too, but with a rather sharp edge to it - you wouldn't need much gin to complete the bloody mary effect.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm quite fond of a good bloody mary, but I can't imagine vaping one....not sure I'm that brave LOL

Cramptholomew

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Awwww, c'mon. Maybe just a toothpick dipped in and swirled through a small tankful? Or a little taste on a saltine cracker?

Sort of OT: Speaking of Saltines... give applesauce on a saltine a try. It's an innocuous mix. What could go wrong?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have no idea how I accomplished this, but somehow didn't order the cucumber?? I'm so frustrated with me. OTOH, the fragrance of the black pepper? Oh, I am lovin' this. Hope to mix it with... something later today. Wow, that smells good.

Jgoss

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Who puts gin in a bloody mary? Gross. If the tomato is very strong and acidic it might be good with brandy, which might help to cut the acid, and give it a boozy flavor. Now we just need celery flavor.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, I don't. I haven't had a drink in 10 years. Was just a suggestion, I've seen some crazy stuff done with flavoring.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea how I accomplished this, but somehow didn't order the cucumber?? I'm so frustrated with me. OTOH, the fragrance of the black pepper? Oh, I am lovin' this. Hope to mix it with... something later today. Wow, that smells good.

@Huckleberried... nooo! How did you manage that? :(

One that caught my eye in the 'pairing flavors' thread that would work with Black Pepper was Strawberry... and I've never really fancied vaping it before! There's a few more there too.

Pepper smooths out a bit with steeping, losing a bit of the sharpness. Not sure whether I prefer it fresh or steeped... both are good :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey - this is really good - who would have thought it LOL Mixed, shaken, and vaped right away - haven't given it a chance to steep, but it does make a nice change!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hey - this is really good - who would have thought it LOL Mixed, shaken, and vaped right away - haven't given it a chance to steep, but it does make a nice change!
I am thinking
Lemon Sicily
Cucumber
pepper
gin

Might actually turn out ok

DeadShort

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
applesauce on saltines - how's about applesauce and bacon :)
only have to buy some to try it...

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I am thinking
Lemon Sicily
Cucumber
pepper
gin

Might actually turn out ok

Gotta say.... no! The gin doesn't blend in at all. The lemon does a really strange dance with the cucumber and produces... freshly cut grass! LOL!! Can hardly tell there's lemon there either. All the subtlety of the cucumber is lost. @Sully was looking for 'green' notes once and thinking of cucumber... now we know to add - or avoid - lemon with that.

Sully

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Gotta say.... no! The gin doesn't blend in at all. The lemon does a really strange dance with the cucumber and produces... freshly cut grass! LOL!! Can hardly tell there's lemon there either. All the subtlety of the cucumber is lost. @Sully was looking for 'green' notes once and thinking of cucumber... now we know to add - or avoid - lemon with that.
Reading your review made me sneeze.;)

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just an idea knowing how those flavors play off in food.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Haha! I didn't intend that!

Yeah, I was intrigued enough to try it, even though I'm not a big fan of vaping Gin :)
Hey could be a drop or two of gin max. I have a couple of flavors in my box that override everything also.

TFA Kona comes to mind. I mean if you are into vaping sweaty Hawaiian's jock strap post Lu'au.
FA Black fire and zen garden.
Signature honeysuckle.
Signature kiwi.

Hermit

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey could be a drop or two of gin max. I have a couple of flavors in my box that override everything also.

TFA Kona comes to mind. I mean if you are into vaping sweaty Hawaiian's jock strap post Lu'au.
FA Black fire and zen garden.
Signature honeysuckle.
Signature kiwi.

You may well be right that a better mix than my tester could be made, as far as the gin goes. Add some steep time and it could perhaps be pretty good. The surprising outcome of "lemon + cucumber = cut wet grass" isn't quite what you had in mind though, I think! Not really a case of any of the flavours being overpowering by themselves (for me those include any that linger, like licorice, and they go in a separate cupboard!).

VU Sponsors