Become a Patron!

Patriot on a vamo? Possible?

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I want to suprise my mom who is quitting this Sunday with a dripper. I'm kinda a cheap ass and I don't want to hand over one of unregulated mods and she can't stand how hot and harsh an rda is, soooo... I'm gonna give her my old vamo v5 and throw a patriot on there for her. My question is, what coil could I build on there make it work? I know it can't be sub ohm, which is okay, but I can't use a shit ton of kanthal trying to figure the ohms! So what build would work on that vamo v5 and patriot??

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Starting out on an RDA? I dont recommend that. I would in your situation start off with a Nautilus or the new Atlantis first. Especially considering you just posted that she hates RDAs. This is my opinion and I'm willing to wager that others will agree. Thing is, it is HER vape.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's the thing! She's been using kangers, nautilus', etc on itastes and a provari for about a year and a half. She has a general understanding for building coils and recently told me she wants to get into it. I wanted to suprise her with the next later of vaping experiance but also start her high on the ohms, and have more safety by using regulated mods. It's a different situation, but I know if I hand my mom a unregulated mod with a .6-.7 ohm build she's going to be intimidated and start smokin' again.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok, gotcha. Go forth then sir! I would start her out at 1.5ohm with a single micro using 28g wire. 9 wraps will achieve that. She will get great flavour at any setting the Vamo is capeable of. I dont recommend dual coils as you would have to go to 30g @ 13 wraps per coil....plus she may not fancy the warmer vape.

Dalton801

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Warmer vape kills her hahah! I think I'll try the single 28g for her. I'll have to let you know how it went!

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Warmer vape kills her hahah! I think I'll try the single 28g for her. I'll have to let you know how it went!
It'll work fine. I taste test juices at Vape shops with a 1.5 ohm, 8 wrap 28 gauge micro in a dripper, on my old Vamo. It works great, and she'll have plenty of battery life.

You'll be shocked by how well it works man; though I would've suggested a magma rda for that setup

VU Sponsors