Become a Patron!

Passthrough Vapes?

VAPER#2311

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does anyone know of any good passthrough mods like this?

http://dbliquids.com/hardware?product_id=177 (Mast Mod mini)

Something that can go around 0.5 ohms low and around 30 watts? (not those passthrough ego cords)

Also has anyone had any experience with them? Are they recommended or pretty pointless? (Only reason I am thinking of getting one is so I don't have to keep recharging batteries when I'm at home.)

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the the pass through mod that I know of the best. There are other mods that can be used in pass through mode that can also be used with batteries for on the go though.

No experience with it.

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Istick 50 would work, but I am not sure what its low end is on the resistance. Use my 20 as a passthrough while it charges alot, no issues. I believe the 50 is a very similar design in that regard.

TasteMyToast

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Istick 50 would work, but I am not sure what its low end is on the resistance. Use my 20 as a passthrough while it charges alot, no issues. I believe the 50 is a very similar design in that regard.
It goes down to .2 ohms.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I use my IPV2 as a passthrough all the time when at home.

VAPER#2311

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
thanks for the suggestions peeps!

but unfortunately I was looking for something without batteries altogether, rather than have a battery that is always charging.

I guess the vape world of nicotine doesn't have stuff like desktop vapes in the herb world unfortunately :(

cheers anyway

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's a pretty cool mod. As a trucker I could use something like that. I used to have an 808 passthrough that was pretty convenient when I was vaping cig-a-likes. Unfortunately, the tendency of modders is to make devices that can be used while charging instead of making use of an external power source. Other than the ProVape setup you mentioned (which isn't really optimal because it maintains the size of a battery mod) there isn't a whole lot like this out there.
TT

Joshua Iles

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, there is the itaste drv that runs off a "cigarette lighter" plug in your car. The only devices I've seen that don't use a battery other then the drv is those crappy little ego passthroughs that are vv, but from what I've read on those they require a high powered USB and they won't fire anything below like 1 ohm. Haven't seen anything else myself.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a pretty cool mod. As a trucker I could use something like that. I used to have an 808 passthrough that was pretty convenient when I was vaping cig-a-likes. Unfortunately, the tendency of modders is to make devices that can be used while charging instead of making use of an external power source. Other than the ProVape setup you mentioned (which isn't really optimal because it maintains the size of a battery mod) there isn't a whole lot like this out there.
TT
The Mast Mod mini is made by Cravin Vapes. I think it is a bit pricey but still cool.

Mommay

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a desktop pass-thru on my Provari - somehow, I don't think that's your looking for, but I sure love it. ;)

VU Sponsors