Become a Patron!

Passive vaping!!!

herpist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well I've not had a stinky for 16 days now and really getting into this vaping, making my own e juice and very recently bought a kanger subtank plus v2 so will soon be doing my own rebuilds (once I've done a bit more reading on it).
now I'm vaping my better half allows to do it in the comfort of my armchair which is great because before I'd be stood outside under an umbrella 90% of the time as I live in rainy Wales. Which was fair enough because we all know how bad passive smoking is but it's made me think is passive vaping as as bad as I'm still blowing nicotine into the air and although I feel like a king sat in my own armchair vaping to my hearts content I really don't want to be putting her in harms way. I know with the stinkies you've got all the other really really bad chemicals as well as the nicotine but would there be sufficient nicotine in those big clouds to effect her especially when chain vaping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't have links for you (though if you search the forum they're out there), but I don't see nearly as big a problem from second-hand vape as second-hand smoke. The big thing is that the vapor particles are so large that not only are they absorbed by the lungs in a less effective manner than smoking, the exhaled vapor has virtually nil effect on someone else inhaling it.

Of course, we're all still just testing this whole "vape" thing out and I don't think there are any definitive studies available, but I now take care not to blow vapor clouds in my daughter's direction, whereas when I was a smoker I didn't want her hanging out anywhere near me while I was smoking or immediately afterward (probably the biggest personal motivation to quit).

mkhilario

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
UK government study shows no harmful effects from second hand vapor. They measured levels in partners of vapers and the highest level of nicotine they were able to measure in the partners of vapers blood was the same they would recieve from eating one average tomato. Yes, tomatoes contain nicotine.

herpist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
UK government study shows no harmful effects from second hand vapor. They measured levels in partners of vapers and the highest level of nicotine they were able to measure in the partners of vapers blood was the same they would recieve from eating one average tomato. Yes, tomatoes contain nicotine.
I'm smoking sun dried tomatoes from now on

herpist

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So it's safe to say there's not much if any danger.

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
It would seem our environment is more 'poisonous' in most cases.

Short of consuming the natural veg, it's one of the safer methods of nicotine delivery out there.

Nebulizers have been used and studied for many decades

VU Sponsors