Become a Patron!

Parents, do you vape around your children?

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
This is a discussion my fiance and I are having atm. We both vape and have a 2yo together.

She insists that we both go outside to vape (she smokes and vapes). I dont do it around our son, but I'll do it in a separate room. I don't feel like vapour would effect the inside/linger quite like smoke does.

Thoughts?

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a 9 yr old...not allowed in the house. Kitchen Window or outside. Happy wife, happy life

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're not wrong. My fiance and I don't really fight though. Been together 3 years and it's never gotten worse than a heated discussion.
Yeah what some call a heated discussion others call a brawl.

I find its always best to just suck it up and say yes mam. At least when she's watching. I do it her way..... remembering kids are snitches.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Your child is a toddler with very small lungs, and even a child at 14 years of age is still not developed fully.

Why would you even have this talk or debate, it is unhealthy to breath in anything but natural clean air for a child.

Take your vape outside the house to use!

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
Your child is a toddler with very small lungs, and even a child at 14 years of age is still not developed fully.

Why would you even have this talk or debate, it is unhealthy to breath in anything but natural clean air for a child.

Take your vape outside the house to use!
Will do!

I was never committed to doing it in the house anyway. Like I said, it's a discussion between my fiance and I. This post was more for me to get a glance of other people's habits.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If you had a "man cave" or a room that the kid isn't allowed to go in then I see no reason why you shouldn't vape in that type of space.
An exhaust fan in the window could have the entire room vapor free in a few minutes when you are finished too.

In other words vape in the kid free room don't have a cloud comp in the living room whole sponge bob is playing.

My Mom smoked in my vicinity when I was little (like on the porch while she watched me play outside) but she never had a cigarette in one hand and me in the other.

Even in 1975 it was known that it wasn't a good idea to blow smoke on your kids.

Vapor does have small amounts of nicotine in it and is deemed harmless for adults second hand but science will not be settled on second hand vapor and children for at least another 30 years.

Last edited:

Kragglin

Member For 1 Year
If you had a "man cave" or a room that the kid isn't allowed to go in then I see no reason why you shouldn't vape in that type of space.
An exhaust fan in the window could have the entire room vapor free in a few minutes when you are finished too.

In other words vape in the kid free room don't have a cloud comp in the living room whole sponge bob is playing.

My Mom smoked in my vicinity when I was little (like on the porch while she watched me play outside) but she never had a cigarette in one hand and me in the other.

Even in 1975 it was known that it wasn't a good idea to blow smoke on your kids.

Vapor does have small amounts of nicotine in it and is deemed harmless for adults second hand but science will not be settled on second hand vapor and children for at least another 30 years.
I do have an "office". Its basically just a spare room where I have my pc setup and I go to study. I vape while I study, but I make sure to air out the room at the same time (nothing like a cloud of haze in front of you when you're trying to read).

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I do have an "office". Its basically just a spare room where I have my pc setup and I go to study. I vape while I study, but I make sure to air out the room at the same time (nothing like a cloud of haze in front of you when you're trying to read).

As long as it's an adult only room then I see no reason why it would hurt.

Vapor doesn't drift around the entire house like smoke does.

You know what I mean.
If you smoked in that room the entire house would reek of cigarette smoke but if you vape the entire room out you won't smell vapor throughout the entire house.

Vapor dissipates much more quickly then tobacco smoke does.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don’t have kids in the house anymore on a regular basis. Grandkids for the weekend stays but I only vape in one room even when they aren’t around. I have an air filter in my vape room that keeps it pretty much cloud free. I found the air filter at a garage sale for $10 and spent another $20 on amazon for a new charcoal and hepa filter for it. Might be something to check into.

In the immortal words of Socrates, “ I drank what?!”

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I vape in the house but never when my daughter is in the same room or even same floor. If I vape inside it’s either in our basement or inside my “man cave” which is also located in the basement. While I am concerned about her coming in contact with the vapor, I’m more concerned with her picking up a bad habit. Now that she is 5 years old, she’s far more impressionable and interested in the things adults around her do. Also, while I’ve heard about all the studies that conclude second hand vapor is practically harmless, when it comes to my kid I trust no studies.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I vape around my son all the time, but mainly it's to try to get him started on vaping and off the cigarettes!

Oh, and he's 37 years old. :)

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!

Last edited:

JMB17

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
My dad vapes around me all the time. But then again I vape around him all the time too. The problem in our family is that my mom doesn't like when he vapes too much around her so he'll stop vaping around her but as soon as I pull mine out the cloud contest begins.

strigamort

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I thought that it's been proven that there are trace ppm nicotine in vapor. About the same as in the regular air we breathe. There was a study (or two) in a cloudy vape shop with test instruments that showed that second hand vapor wasn't even a thing. Idk...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

renzyb

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don’t have kids in the house anymore on a regular basis. Grandkids for the weekend stays but I only vape in one room even when they aren’t around. I have an air filter in my vape room that keeps it pretty much cloud free. I found the air filter at a garage sale for $10 and spent another $20 on amazon for a new charcoal and hepa filter for it. Might be something to check into.

What kind of air filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I vape around kids but also smoked around them when I smoked. If someone were to ask me not vape around their kids, I would oblige without a grumble (same as not smoking in someones house or car).

It has never come up though.

To respond to pulsevape, Most of the kids I know, know that if they steal my vape they will lose a hand.

YodaTheJuggalo

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I smoked around my son (regret every cigarette) and i vape around my son, but I always have a door or window open

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What kind of air filter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67fc735733f3f9b2a84b23e0220d4468.jpg

This is the model that I have.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yesterday morning, I was in my bathroom vaping and it was pretty cloudy. When I walked out, my daughter zipped in behind me. Before I could stop her she slammed the door and was on the toilet. She yelled out "why is it blurry in here and why does it smell like cookies"? It made me feel awful that she had to sit in a frosted cheerio scented gas chamber for the duration of her poo. She certainly didn't enjoy it and I don't think most 5 year olds would. Plus, frosted cheerios + poo = :confused:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yesterday morning, I was in my bathroom vaping and it was pretty cloudy. When I walked out, my daughter zipped in behind me. Before I could stop her she slammed the door and was on the toilet. She yelled out "why is it blurry in here and why does it smell like cookies"? It made me feel awful that she had to sit in a frosted cheerio scented gas chamber for the duration of her poo. She certainly didn't enjoy it and I don't think most 5 year olds would. Plus, frosted cheerios + poo = :confused:

Ahhh, I had that happen a couple days ago. I was getting ready for a shower and fogging up the bathroom as I like to do,and my daughter barged in. I locked the door after she went back out - shower time is Me time. I have been vaping MTL around my daughter the past week but quitting that. She's had a cough, and who knows the cause. Better safe than sorry.

Edit:. I usually hold it in and nothing visible comes out when I'm inside around my kid, but still, I better at least go in another room

Big clouds though,always outside or blown out the door (air pressure sucks it right outside)

Last edited:

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A vape-promoting website is the third-to- last thing I would use for a source of information about the safety of vaping...might as well just ask someone on this forum

Edit: The Last place I would look would be the news, followed closely by the FDA

Last edited:

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm an old fart so way past the age I would have my own kids in the house, but we do have the grand kids here sometimes.

I don't vape in front of them. They are twin boys, 3 1/2 years old. I don't want them to get the idea that vaping is a cool thing to do because gramps does it, and they are not old enough yet to understand that I vape to avoid smoking but it may not be totally safe.

I don't think there is any risk associated with second hand vapor. Just doesn't make any sense to me from anything I've learned about it so far. I just don't want them to think that vaping is a good idea for non-smokers to get into as a hobby, specially at a young age.

VU Sponsors