Become a Patron!

SkilletVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello Everyone,
Today I've purchased a Lost Vape Paranormal 166 I've also bought a Sherman RTA from Asylum Mods my plan WAS to use the two new products together because they both look very nice together now everything was going perfectly fine i set the deck up on the mod built my coils 2X SS316L dual core(fused) claption 26ga*2+30ga 7 wrap (same build in my old ijoy) now when I dry burned the sherman on the paranormal i had no issues, i wicked the cotton and wet fired worked, i took the deck off the paranormal to do the final build (full assembly of the sherman (to hold juice)) and now it strangely keeps giving me the error messages Oms Too Low and Short Out now heres where things get more interesting. I put the sherman on the older mod that has the same chip (DNA 250) its a neochrome Starrs mod and it works with not a single issue so theres no issues with the actual sherman RTA. So naturally i start diagnosing the paranormal i do some device monitoring with escribe everything seems to check out until i put my old ijoy RDTA onto the paranormal go to fire it and guess what??? the damn thing works. my vape vendor assured to me that the two items are 100% compatable (i should beable to use paranormal and sherman together) if anyone knows of a fix for this thing please let me know because im at a damn loss for ideas

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What's the 510 like on the Sherman? That could be an issue... I've be had it happen to me (not with a paranormal) and just going back in and fiddling with the build usually corrects it.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd make certain that everything is tightened down. The screw on the tank 510, the post screws, etc. Then, if still no joy, I'd do a new build.
I've had tanks come to me with the 510 screw a wee bit loose and it caused me no end of trouble. Now, when I get a new tank, the screwdriver is the first thing I reach for.

SkilletVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What's the 510 like on the Sherman? That could be an issue... I've be had it happen to me (not with a paranormal) and just going back in and fiddling with the build usually corrects it.

510 was loose on not the main screw head but the secondary location where the 510 holds down the positive lead i tightened down all hardware

I'd make certain that everything is tightened down. The screw on the tank 510, the post screws, etc. Then, if still no joy, I'd do a new build.
I've had tanks come to me with the 510 screw a wee bit loose and it caused me no end of trouble. Now, when I get a new tank, the screwdriver is the first thing I reach for.

did that now the sherman does work on the paranormal but only in watts mode, im trying to force it to temp mode but everything im trying is failing, temp only works when the coil is dry as my ex's cunt, and when it gets a little juice on it the ohms are flying all over the place... why are temp builds a huge twat to work with???

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
510 was loose on not the main screw head but the secondary location where the 510 holds down the positive lead i tightened down all hardware

did that now the sherman does work on the paranormal but only in watts mode, im trying to force it to temp mode but everything im trying is failing, temp only works when the coil is dry as my ex's cunt, and when it gets a little juice on it the ohms are flying all over the place... why are temp builds a huge twat to work with???

I'd ask what you are trying for settings? I'd also suggest that you get the tank working with a single wire of whatever material you want to use first. Then you will know if the tank is good or not, regardless of its 'success' on other mods. Do you have a different tank to try on the Paranormal?

I've had a few tanks that just wouldn't do TC, because of bad insulators, painted tanks/bases making the return connection shaky, all manner of crap. Once I determine it's the tank, away it goes. I've never had a Sherman, mainly because of Peabody. The 'works in wattage not in TC has always been a bad sign for a tank in my house.

Does the resistance read stable using Atomizer Analyser? Have you run the case thermals? Have good number for mod resistance?

SkilletVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'd ask what you are trying for settings? I'd also suggest that you get the tank working with a single wire of whatever material you want to use first. Then you will know if the tank is good or not, regardless of its 'success' on other mods. Do you have a different tank to try on the Paranormal?

I've had a few tanks that just wouldn't do TC, because of bad insulators, painted tanks/bases making the return connection shaky, all manner of crap. Once I determine it's the tank, away it goes. I've never had a Sherman, mainly because of Peabody. The 'works in wattage not in TC has always been a bad sign for a tank in my house.

Does the resistance read stable using Atomizer Analyser? Have you run the case thermals? Have good number for mod resistance?

Atom Anal yes, case thermals not too sure on that one because im not looking for a large project, i do have other tanks that i have testing with all with no sucess, gold plated, stainless steel, brass, damn near everything, even single strand wire failed. my vape shop <i> had</i> the tank running in temp mode perfectly. then i go to use it and welp no success....

settings:
Profile2
no name
power 85 W
475*F
[ ] off
[ ] ohms locked
[X] Temp-Dominant

If you connect to a T-S Coil...
Coil Material SS 316 (Stock)
Preheat power 100 W
Punch 5
Time 1s

Analyzer readout
0.161-0.163 RAW
Nominal 0.151-0.153ohm (kanthal) 0.151-0.153ohm
Cold Ohms 0.163
Room Temp 73.75 *F

just running Case Thermals now

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Atom Anal yes, case thermals not too sure on that one because im not looking for a large project, i do have other tanks that i have testing with all with no sucess, gold plated, stainless steel, brass, damn near everything, even single strand wire failed. my vape shop <i> had</i> the tank running in temp mode perfectly. then i go to use it and welp no success....

settings:
Profile2
no name
power 85 W
475*F
[ ] off
[ ] ohms locked
[X] Temp-Dominant

If you connect to a T-S Coil...
Coil Material SS 316 (Stock)
Preheat power 100 W
Punch 5
Time 1s

Analyzer readout
0.161-0.163 RAW
Nominal 0.151-0.153ohm (kanthal) 0.151-0.153ohm
Cold Ohms 0.163
Room Temp 73.75 *F

just running Case Thermals now
I’ll wish you luck, but if the analyzer shows the resistance you expect, then for a last effort I’d factory reset it and reconfigure just the mod resistance and the values from the thermals.
Set up a single profile using the steam engine downloaded curve for the material you want to use and give it a try.
If that fails, open a ticket with Evolv

SkilletVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’ll wish you luck, but if the analyzer shows the resistance you expect, then for a last effort I’d factory reset it and reconfigure just the mod resistance and the values from the thermals.
Set up a single profile using the steam engine downloaded curve for the material you want to use and give it a try.
If that fails, open a ticket with Evolv
thermal tests completed last night, still no success, and to make matters worse i highly dont recommend the sherman tank by asylum mods, the damn piece of shit fell apart in my pocket.

SkilletVapes

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
also this is my second DNA product and im starting to think that the dna vapes are just trash, if the crap fails to work as advertised then whats the fucking point of wasting my hard earned money on trash, i thought id be paying for something that works right out of the box

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
also this is my second DNA product and im starting to think that the dna vapes are just trash, if the crap fails to work as advertised then whats the fucking point of wasting my hard earned money on trash, i thought id be paying for something that works right out of the box

I’ve got, like 8 DNAs, 75, 200 (133), 250 (167) all worked out of the box, all still work, all do TC great.
Do they do TC well with no adjustments? No idea as I don’t use common metal. I also had the advantage of having an experienced DNA user tell me to set the mods up properly. Case thermals, mod resistance, battery curve. I have had a number of tanks, but what works and what I always return to are Steam Crave tanks, Supreme and Plus.
Personally, I’d recommend a Sigelei or Wismec for you. Tanks that fall apart don’t make for a quality DNA experience. If one did I can only guess the others you tried to use.

ShowerHead

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Seems LV isn't on their game lately, I have returned two of their Modefined mods due to bad fire buttons, and there seems to be a problem with the Paranormal's 510. There's a fix for the 510 though. Sadly, none for the Modefined mod...
https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/69140-paranormal-75c-resistance-too-high-fix/ Yes, it applies to the 75 as well as the 75C
Lost Vapes, what happened to them? Glad I never bought one.

VU Sponsors