Become a Patron!

Out of sub-ohm coils, what to do?

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So as I am temporarily financially desolete I have used my last sub-ohm coil. Oh man. Then I remember a 1.8 ohm coil that came with a Zephrus v2 tank I rarely use. So I pop it in, beef up the nic from 3mg per mil to 28mg per mil, drop my watts from 65 to 10 and close up the air flow. Now this is definitely not my vape style but it is delivering nic. Very well at that although the flavor is lacking. But nescessity dictates making changes sometimes. This is a change I will endure for the time being. Well my stomache is gurgling time to put the vape up for a while. Glad I kept this tank. Or I would be S.O.L... For the next couple weeks. How do you vape? How well does it satisfy? Hows your flavor. Inquiring minds want to know.

P35

Member For 4 Years
Build...for my own instance...its just cheaper. A pack of cotton that costs me $6 may last me an entire month. Coils (which I just buy rather than build) only run another $5-10 but will last 3ish months. So average that out with your favorite juice...

My prebuilts were costing me $25ish something for a pack of 5 and I was blowing through them in a week and a half. So between coils and juice - It will almost always end up being cheaper AND taste better than a pre-built. But that's just my opinion and how I vape.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Build...for my own instance...its just cheaper. A pack of cotton that costs me $6 may last me an entire month. Coils (which I just buy rather than build) only run another $5-10 but will last 3ish months. So average that out with your favorite juice...

My prebuilts were costing me $25ish something for a pack of 5 and I was blowing through them in a week and a half. So between coils and juice - It will almost always end up being cheaper AND taste better than a pre-built. But that's just my opinion and how I vape.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

That is my future intension. I have done so previously. I have the knowledge and ability. Just need to put my house in order first. But what i was wanting to know about is higher ohm vaping. Mtl is obviously making a come back. Is it a more efficient method than sub-ohm? I am being forced to make an opinion by circumstance. I would not be finding out other wise.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any given day I go from a restricted A/F low Wattage tank to Sub Ohm or a Sub Ohm TC tank. Same Nicotine level though.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well since I MTL at .3ohms. The resistance if the coil alone is NOT a determining factor.... the amount of wire used and wattage run does.

I would buy a coil or 2 of wire.... I might disect a coilhead to determine what wire to start with... a measuring device and steam-engine.org will help with that. YOUTUBE probably has videos on how to rebuild you coil heads.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors