Become a Patron!

Out of stock of 25R-Efest any good?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My shop I ordered from is out of 25R's, if they still are by the weekend what are the 2800 mah 35A Flat Top Efests like? Slightly more capacity than the samsung, and also seems to be higher rated when it comes to the amps.

I just don't want that to be a lie, and its not really that, as I can get the samsuns 25r from another shop, just would rather buy it from where im getting the subtank mini and helios or trident RDA clone.

outwest

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Edit - nevermind on that link; didnt realize you weren't in the states, sorry

Efests are okay, but from what I've read, they're known for overstating their specs.

Last edited:

JXN

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a new battery (the 2800 MAH) so you probably won't get a lot of info until tests are run on them. They'll be fine in your 30 watt mini but will cost you more. I haven't noticed a lot longer runtime with my new 3000 MAH Samsung 30Q 15 amp batteries to justify the cost over my 2500 MAH Samsung 25-Rs

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Forgot about that.....oops...

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had any problems with efest. You'll hear people that like them and people that swear there rebranded batteries

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which brand of batteries are they re branded? I noticed someone mention sony batteries being re-wrapped, why is this? I'l stick with the samsungs as 2500MAH and enough discharge rate for me.

VapinChevy

Abnormal Chevy Guy
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Reviewer
Which brand of batteries are they re branded? I noticed someone mention sony batteries being re-wrapped, why is this? I'l stick with the samsungs as 2500MAH and enough discharge rate for me.

In my personal opinion! Re-branding batteries makes more $$$.. Example: MXJO 30A are Re-wrapped Sony VTC's *what grade,I dunno*, MXJO 35A are Re-wrapped LGHE2's. Some companies charge MORE for the re-wrapped then, the regulars! It gets kind of confusing, but I hope ya get what I'm saying :)

For the BIG record, I don't care who *thinks* this is false! Talking with many electricians & actual people who make batteries! There are NO such thing as 35A + batteries FYI :cool:

So I ONLY Rock Samsung's or Sony VTC's

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In my personal opinion! Re-branding batteries makes more $$$.. Example: MXJO 30A are Re-wrapped Sony VTC's *what grade,I dunno*, MXJO 35A are Re-wrapped LGHE2's. Some companies charge MORE for the re-wrapped then, the regulars! It gets kind of confusing, but I hope ya get what I'm saying :)

For the BIG record, I don't care who *thinks* this is false! Talking with many electricians & actual people who make batteries! There are NO such thing as 35A + batteries FYI :cool:

So I ONLY Rock Samsung's or Sony VTC's
So vapin Chevy, the Efest is actually not 35A? I thought it odd they could make a better battery than for example, sony and samsung, top companies in the electronics field, then efest come along with a huge capacity 35 amp battery.

Also, you talk about 'grade'. What does this mean when It comes to batteries? I'm still pretty new to all this, so don't know all the terms just yet.

I think its mad they charge more for a re wrapped battery. But, if people buy them, more fool them.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Efest doesn't make batteries, and sony hasn't made an 18650 in 2 years, so you're likely buying fakes if you buy sony's
I'l be buying samsungs 100% Then, Already got one, might as well make it too. Do you know who Efests batteries actually are?

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'l be buying samsungs 100% Then, Already got one, might as well make it too. Do you know who Efests batteries actually are?
No idea which chinese company(s) makes the efest battery. Also, LG he2, and LG he4's are excellent 20a batteries

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
25r are 6 bucks. AFAIK the only real higher rated discharge batteries are vtc3,4. Why pay more for less?

Jon@LiionWholesale

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Efests are fine batteries but the chinese companies are much less conservative with their ratings. At one time the Efest 2500mAh 35A was simply a rewrapped LG HE2, which LG rates at 20A and Efest rated at 35A. That's a great example of what to expect from Efest's ratings. The big companies bake in a lot more safety margin into the rating. Personally I'd just go with the 25R. We haven't gotten in those 2800mAh ones to test yet, we will in the not too distant future though.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I ended up getting two more Samsung 25R's, ordered them early today so should turn up Tuesday or so. Was just over £10 for 2, so quite cheap for safety really.

VU Sponsors