Become a Patron!

Organic Cotton The New Standard? Seems like everyone is doing it!!!

Baron Dane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whats better? Organic cotton? certified organic?Japanese cotton?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Japanese organic cotton, it's all I use now a days, but don't think everyone is, think rayon has a bigger following, but I didn't like rayon myself.

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm all over the Cellucotton.... No after taste, easy to work with, no chemical taste...I think it's the best I have ever used...just my opinion...:)

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know how you rayon guys can do it. I bought the huge box at sallys when I tried it. Wicked many different ways and I just got some weird added taste, gross. I don't get that from the organic japanese cotton I always use.

Wern314

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I find myself using organic cotton and Japanese cotton equally. Actually I probably use organic a little more than Japanese. The only thing I don't like about the Japanese is that it seems to gunk my coils up faster than regular organic. I also tried rayon but didn't really care for it. Although it does give a cleaner flavor it doesn't give me the warm taste that cotton does. It's kinda hard to explain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know how you rayon guys can do it. I bought the huge box at sallys when I tried it. Wicked many different ways and I just got some weird added taste, gross. I don't get that from the organic japanese cotton I always use.

Same here, I tried using it for 24 hours, and I also got weird taste from it too, glad I am not the only one :)

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rayon wicks better, but i find myself using Muji most of the time. It's just damn good.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still have a ton of cellucotton that I haven't touched since I got the jap organic stuff.. the cellucotton doesn't gunk up as quickly.. but the jap cotton seems to give me more flavor and can go longer without producing a weird taste

Fattlestar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've never tried japanese cotton (or organic cotton). My first build was wicked with rayon and I haven't needed to try anything else since - someday I might give cotton a try though!

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Personally, I prefer Japanese Cotton. However, I think the video is giving a good insight.
So folks, what is the moral of Phil's video? That Rayon is THE clear winner, in taste, in flavor transition, in absorption, and continued flavor without degredation.....Woooohooooooo!!! Anybody wanna buy some rayon?? I've got a big box from Sally's, sitting right here in my office. Plenty for me and to share with my friends....500 ft. of the stuff. I love it....and just my opinion...there's no need for me to buy or try anything else. It works for me, so basically, that's what matters. To each his own. Thanks for sharing the video Neunerball, I found it highly enlightening....:)

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I love using my sterile medical cotton so much, I gave all of my Japanese cotton and organic cotton wick away on the PIF thread. There's nothing wrong with those cottons, but I have not had a single leak since using medical cotton. It is made to be super absorbent and it actually wicks the juice up to my coils. Love it!

Daniel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think that Phil showed in the video, that organic cotton balls couldn't soak up anything, if you threw it into a pond, it would float....lmao...:)

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So folks, what is the moral of Phil's video? That Rayon is THE clear winner, in taste, in flavor transition, in absorption, and continued flavor without degredation.....Woooohooooooo!!! Anybody wanna buy some rayon?? I've got a big box from Sally's, sitting right here in my office. Plenty for me and to share with my friends....500 ft. of the stuff. I love it....and just my opinion...there's no need for me to buy or try anything else. It works for me, so basically, that's what matters. To each his own. Thanks for sharing the video Neunerball, I found it highly enlightening....:)

And yet what is the most common wick does he still use......japanese organic cotton ;)

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did you buy the right one? Gotta make sure the box says #44043

DustinB

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah, it was the right one. I read all through the large rayon threads before I tried it.

vape.queen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got a few samples from a girl who I bought a Lemo from this past week. She sent shisedo, rayon, tencel, and some cotton balls with the tank. Just tried shisedo....no diff from the Japanese cotton pads, IMO. I feel like I have already found the holy grail with the medical cotton( Cotton Bacon), so trying other stuff, to me, is sorta downgrading.

90quattrocoupe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I use a cotton that has been ozone bleached. It takes out the waxes and oils that are typically found in Organic cotton. No burning off the oils and waxes in organic cotton in the first couple of hits. This cotton is also backed by a few juice makers. It also comes in sheets, which makes it easier to use than bulk cotton. Villain Vapors has it bundled with wire.

I get the cotton alone. It is called Shizen.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got an 80 sheet pack of Koh Gen Do, that will last me for years.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I use Puff cotton pads. Pretty much the same as KGD. Only good reason is I am lousy at getting the consistency right when shredding cotton balls. Cut a strip, peel a little layer off if necessary, done. Easy peazy.

VU Sponsors