Become a Patron!

Ordering online?

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
depends on the shipping method. I know if it is sent from china via registered air mail even though they dont pay for it the USPS is required to collect a signature. Epacket they usually dont. DHL, UPS, USPS, Fedex usually only if the sender requests it. Or if you are in a UPS no drop zone

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I buy everything online -- only thing I can afford to buy in a shop are driptips! Though I did buy some juice in shops, when I first started.

Never had to sign for anything.

Andria

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like they are in the US so I am assuming they will be shipping USPS priority so I would not think so

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Most of my mods, atties and subtanks are ordered online from vendors only here in the USA..
Some items have free shipping but I usually pay the extra $5 for 2 day priority shipping via USPS..
I get a tracking number when my items have shipped so I can follow it in route and know when I can expect it delivered, usually about 3 days from when I placed the order...I have all my vape mail delivered to my PO Box in town..when I have to sign for items like a high dollar mod I do that at the front desk at the Post Office...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Tom950

VU Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Why would it matter? If you are not home you can pick up the package at the post office

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Why would it matter? If you are not home you can pick up the package at the post office
Matters alot..I live out in the country, it's a long ways down to my mailbox on the road. And I don't like waiting for the postman to deliver out here..With all my vape mail going to my PO Box I can pick it up early, as soon as tracking says it's arrived..My PO Box is safe, secure and convenient... I like it that way. Been doing it for over 3 yrs.. no worries about the postman delivering my item to the wrong address either. That's what matters to me the most..

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've ordered many, many items online. The only items that ever required a signature were from Reos Mods and Provari!

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It all depends on the carrier. USPS, UPS, and FedEx generally dont require a signature and will usually leave the package in the mailbox/on your doorstep/or in a parcel locker depending on what access they have and what your mail situation is.

DHL on the other hand usually does require a signature and certain sites use DHL after the package gets to the US (Chinese vendors).

If youre worried about having to sign or whatever, then buy from a US vendor who ships USPS or whatever.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've ordered from China many times and never had anything shipped via DHL. On the other hand, I've never ordered a high-ticket item from China!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ALL of my vape stuff except some cotton was ordered online.
Never signed for anything. This is domestic USA to USA address though.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Matters alot..I live out in the country, it's a long ways down to my mailbox on the road. And I don't like waiting for the postman to deliver out here..With all my vape mail going to my PO Box I can pick it up early, as soon as tracking says it's arrived..My PO Box is safe, secure and convenient... I like it that way. Been doing it for over 3 yrs.. no worries about the postman delivering my item to the wrong address either. That's what matters to me the most..

It also matters alot because of the hours that POs are open -- usually means taking some time off work, to go get something at the PO!

Andria

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol
My PO Box is available as early as 5 am....doors are open for us that have PO boxes... Main office does not open till 9:30 ..Talking about expensive mods, waiting safe and secure for me ready to pick up any time at my convenience. Might not work for you Andrea but it definitely works for me!

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol
My PO Box is available as early as 5 am....doors are open for us that have PO boxes... Main office does not open till 9:30 ..Talking about expensive mods, waiting safe and secure for me ready to pick up any time at my convenience. Might not work for you Andrea but it definitely works for me!

Yeah a PO box is a good thing, except for those places that won't deliver to one. But if the USPS tries to deliver something that needs a signature, and you aren't home... you have to go get it at the PO. Since the PO closes at 5pm, that doesn't work for a LOT of folks. And if you try to go on your lunch break, there will be a line right out the door, which also doesn't work for those who only get 30 mins for lunch.

Andria

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah a PO box is a good thing, except for those places that won't deliver to one. But if the USPS tries to deliver something that needs a signature, and you aren't home... you have to go get it at the PO. Since the PO closes at 5pm, that doesn't work for a LOT of folks. And if you try to go on your lunch break, there will be a line right out the door, which also doesn't work for those who only get 30 mins for lunch.

Andria
Oh well, I'm retired so it's easier for me..
I live about 15 miles from town so I try to combine a PO Box pick up with shopping or any other reason I need to go to town..but when tracking tells me my item has arrived at the Post Office I usually go pick it up that morning..For high end mods that need my signature I simply wait till the front desk opens at 9:30..but for all other vape mail like RDA's, juice, wire etc I get a key in my box that opens a locker for bigger packages.. This can be done at anytime, and at my convenience which is priceless...

romenov

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So far never signed for vapemail.. maybe because most time I buy supplies from domestic vendors

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far never signed for vapemail.. maybe because most time I buy supplies from domestic vendors
Some high end mod builders, such as Bay City Vapor and ProVape, require a signature to verify I did indeed get my mod delivered to me..not to somebody else by mistake...A required signature is a good thing dealing with expensive items...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

romenov

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some high end mod builders, such as Bay City Vapor and ProVape, require a signature to verify I did indeed get my mod delivered to me..not to somebody else by mistake...A required signature is a good thing dealing with expensive items...

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

Agreed!

VU Sponsors