Become a Patron!

Ordered a new vape, have a question though

Morning everyone, finally ordered myself a new vape yesterday, got an Eleaf istick along with a Kanger Pro 3 tank. Should be here in a few days. I do have a quick question though - as some of you know I was not a former smoker, and I normally vape 0 nicotine. I do it more for the flavor, and as others have found it helps prevent what I call 'binge eating' which I have learned many suffer from. Anyway, I stopped into our local vape store yesterday with a friend. I have sampled multiple juices there, sometimes 10-20 at a time, with no problem. Their testers are either .3 or .6 nicotine. However, yesterday I took about 4 good hits on my buddies eleaf with .3 nicotine Blue Raspberry flavor. Later last night and then again this morning I have a somewhat severe sore throat. I can still talk fine and everything, it just hurts. Could this be due to the specific flavor, or the nicotine itself? Like I said I normally vape 0, so I should be fine to continue vaping when my new setup gets here right? Also,could I have an allergy to the PG? It was a 50-50-50 mix as far as I know but I can call the vape store to be sure. Thanks!

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, you've named pretty much all the potential culprits.

Nicotine does deliver somewhat of a "throat hit," more so at higher levels. If you're not a former smoker, it could certainly be irritating at lower levels, especially if through a high-powered device like an RDA or sub tank of sorts.

It could be a problem with PG, if you've previously vaped only max-VG flavors and have had no problems. It could also be a flavor that's giving you the irritation, or just the power itself - what equipment does your friend have, and what are you using? If you hit something at 60 watts when you're used to 10, that could have an effect also.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sounds like it has nothing to do with vaping, and everything to do with having a cold coming on. Hopefully you haven't caught a similar thing I did a month ago. It started with a very sore throat for a few days, then turned into a "post nasal drip back of the throat" sort of thing, and developed into about 2 straight weeks of coughing.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just a piece of friendly advice if you will.

Don't even try any flavors with nic in them.

Do it often enough and...........................................?

Hey guys, thanks for your help. Based on how I feel tonight (headache, sore throat, very congested) I think Im simply coming down with something and it had nothing to do with vape. FWIW, the hit's I took of the blue raspberry were off of the same setup that I just purchased, a 30w Eleaf with a random tank from the local shop

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yuck dude, you used a random tank some other person has his/her sewer hole on... lucky a cold is all you got...
Herpes, or trench mouth are some other nasty shit you can get from used equipment.

VU Sponsors