Lg HE2 OR Samsung 25R...
22650 :
MNKE IMR or Efest IMR 4200.
Help and opinions greatly appreciated... thanks

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The question is: what for?

Low power electronic mod, dual/triple battery mod, or mech mod with high ohm build: go for low amp, high capacity batteries for longer vaping action.

High power electronic mod (or mod with a DNA40 chip that does pre-heat and requires a lot of current), mech mod with low ohm built: go for high amp batteries.

For VW devices, the formula is I = P / U where U is 3.7V. So if your electronic mod puts out 30W and takes a single battery, you need a battery rated for 30 / 3.7 = 8.1A continuous discharge at least.

For mech mods, the formula is I = U / R, where U is 4.2V. So if you intend to run a single 0.5 ohm coil (for a power output P = U² / R = 4.2² / 0.5 = 35.3W), and your mod takes a single battery, you need a battery rated for 4.2 / 0.5 = 8.4A continuous discharge at least.

If your mod takes two batteries, halve the amp requirement. If you wonder why V = 3.7V or 4.2V in the above calculations here's why:

With a VW mod, the power output is fixed (by the chip). Therefore, the higher the battery voltage, the lower the current. 3.7V assumes a fairly discharged battery, so it's the worst case scenario as far as the current requirement is concerned.

With a mech mod, the resistance is fixed. The higher the battery's voltage, the higher the current. Therefore, a fully charged battery at 4.2V is the worst case scenario as far as current is concerned.

Choose your battery(ies) so that it has highest rated capacity while still being able to continuously supply a current at least as high as your worst case scenario.

I hope this helps :)

VU Sponsors