Become a Patron!

Opinion: Why I Want an Overwatch Story Campaign More than Overwatch 2

VUBot

Staff member
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
For a game I still spend up to 20 hours a week playing, I’ll be the first to admit that Overwatch does have its problems. Yes, the inherent problems of balancing a 30 character hero-shooter roster plague it, the issues of its loot box culture are well documented, and its lack of role queue system still frustrates many. None of these, however, affect my enjoyment of Overwatch enough; it’s still my favourite game.

All of these issues fall to the back of my mind when I’m in the heat of battle in Ilios or trying to push the payload through the winding backlot of Hollywood. These locations have provided me with some of the most fun I’ve had over the past 3 years, but sadly this is all that they remain to me, locations. There is no sense of history to them; I am not tied to them in any way beyond the fact their geography is burned into my brain. With the news breaking that Blizzard are pulling resources from a planned Starcraft FPS and putting extra focus on the development of a new Overwatch game, it got me thinking about what I would like to see from it.

Continue reading…

Continue reading...

VU Sponsors